ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few nice engine pics of my 5 engine.... and new brakes..

Few more bits have been done... and given the carb a good polish-up! Took a few pics thought u might like to see a couple... u'll need to click on the pic to view full size....

carbside-1.jpg

enginetop.jpg

enginebay.jpg

and the brakes have now been done.... made a big difference..

newbrakes2.jpg

few more bits to do... should be almost there after that :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Just incredible!!! I hope that gets fag featured? Engine std? Whats the full spec! I love both your cars!

Stunning. Any pics of the car in general? :)

yes.. here are a few of the outside.. someone else asked I forgot to add some.. soz mate. These were before the new brakes were fitted..

One of front before the new wheels... Click on pics to view full size.. :)

front.jpg

5pic.jpg

After the new alloys and konis..

5side.jpg

rearend1.jpg

wellpolished.jpg

the5sunningitup.jpg

dusty.jpg

OmexRevlimterandshiftlightcontrol.jpg

SPAgaugesndash-1.gif

Oh.... btw.... its lighter than usual!! lol.... :D

stripped01.gif

barenecessities.jpg

I wont bore u all with too many... :D

Last edited:
  2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
That is one smart motor mate!

Never seen those rims on a 5 b4! (wheel nice!)

Sorry for the bad joke everyone had to be done!

Looks like you spent some time cleaning that baby!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
That is one smart motor mate!

Never seen those rims on a 5 b4! (wheel nice!)

Sorry for the bad joke everyone had to be done!

Looks like you spent some time cleaning that baby!

Cheer pepsi.. after the engine, I'm going to finish the interior.. at the moment there is just a drivers seat! But there still wont be too much going in... how it looks currently..

weightloss.jpg

Spotless :approve: stunning car, more pics please :)

Thanks again to the kind replies.. I can post a few pics of the parts I still have that I havent fitted yet.. the chrome and the group n clutch is fitted... the rest is still waiting...

TURBOPIPEGAZCHROMEGREENFLOWETC.gif

This the the charge cooler.... I am waiting for the next item before I can fit this...

new5chargecooler.jpg

This is the alloy rad I'm waiting for... well... this is a similar pic.. to how it will look.. (u can imagine how nice this will look in the engine bay!)

coupe-rad.jpg

also... a Motec oil cooler will go with the rad... not bought that yet.

These will need to be fitted sometime later... and maybe a Safety Devices rear cage in black to go with them..

000.jpg

Thats all the boxes of tricks I have at the moment.. but its taken a long time to get this far...so it wont hurt to wait a bit longer! :)

I have the aquamist already fitted...but I had the wrong size jet and was losing power! So I just received the new jet the other day.. then theres the uprated fuel pump that I need to order.. the list is pretty long.. must be getting shorter by now tho! lol.

Whats more fun to drive the 182 or the 5

Its an absolute minter likin it a lot old skool rocks

Well... its 2 totally different cars, and I sold the Petrol Blue a few weeks ago. The 182 was a go anywhere anytime kind of car.. the 5 is just a grin everytime you get in it.. its a bit more hardcore as u can imagine, I dont even have a stereo! No luxuries in there! But thats what its all about.. the thrill of the performance.. its great! :D

To answer what I like best... I sold the 182, but I will never sell the 5. (but the 5 is 250bhp per ton... so ist a bit of an unfair advantage)

Just incredible!!! I hope that gets mag featured? Engine std? Whats the full spec! I love both your cars!

Hi Ali, thanks mate.. I started the project with the idea of having it featured one day, so maybe next summer sometime will be roughly when the car will be completed.. I would quite like to have it featured in a modified Retro car mag.. just have to see what happens. :)

I bought these to go in...Cobra Misanos, they looked really nice seats, but didnt realise how heavy they were going to be, so changed my mind. The problem with the weight was because they were reclinders.. which weigh twice as much as fixed bucket seats.

picofcarboneffect.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i some how doubt thats gonna be a track weapon. show car maybe. Do you ever drive it?

I wish you wouldnt keep posting pics of your 5, makes me miss mine and want to buy another :(

As for the Gaz dont do it!!!

i some how doubt thats gonna be a track weapon. show car maybe. Do you ever drive it?

When I got another 5, I just wanted a car to strip out and use for having fun up the drag strip.. its turned into a bit more than that now tho. I will take it for qtr mile runs tho when its done for fun.. something I've wanted to do for a while.

It gets used at the weekends and dry use.

I wish you wouldnt keep posting pics of your 5, makes me miss mine and want to buy another :(

As for the Gaz dont do it!!!

I know what u mean.. :) I only had adj Konis put on begging of this year but they are just a bit too soft, but GAZ company are based just down the road from me... and we were going to try various spring rates and set ups to get it right when I'm ready, if i dont like them i'll put the Konis back on.