ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few nice engine pics of my 5 engine.... and new brakes..

Just seen this pics. Looking as nice as ever Grant :approve: - we'll have to get a little photshoot on the go when I eventually get my v6 :)

I am also dying to see the 5 in the metal, as you've done wonders with it - I still can't believe Darren (thats my mate for the rest reading) used to own it (twice !)

Craig.

Just seen this pics. Looking as nice as ever Grant :approve: - we'll have to get a little photshoot on the go when I eventually get my v6 :)

I am also dying to see the 5 in the metal, as you've done wonders with it - I still can't believe Darren (thats my mate for the rest reading) used to own it (twice !)

Craig.

hi Craig, You'll love every minute of the V6 :D since I bought the Tungsten 5 a few years ago... I think theres only about 2 parts that are still the original bits!! :D Just the side glass has been kept but still replaced the window clips, seals and hinges! lol.. I think i've replaced just about everything else on the car!! lol. What was the most important thing tho was it was completely a rust free shell!

Thats like gold dust on these cars, I have inspected the entire car... there is no rust anywhere at all, even the underneath is spotless! Its quite amazing really...I almost gave up looking for a rust free shell.. hope Darrens not too upset what I have turned his original standard car into! lol. But saying that, all I have done with the exterior is replace everything with original Renault parts just to make it as good as new, so its still looking totally original.. and had every chip and scratch repaired ;) although the decals are slightly different in colour which I think add a nice touch to keep the silver/tungsten/black theme going.

Good luck with your Veee!!! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Just incredible!!! I hope that gets mag featured? Engine std? Whats the full spec! I love both your cars!

Hi Ali, thanks mate.. I started the project with the idea of having it featured one day, so maybe next summer sometime will be roughly when the car will be completed.. I would quite like to have it featured in a modified Retro car mag.. just have to see what happens. :)

Just amazing! Never sell it!!!!!!!!

Tangoed Works
Incredible car. Have always had soo much love for these cars and I would love do to what you are doing to yours. Good luck with it, keep her forever, or sell to me! lol

Incredible car. Have always had soo much love for these cars and I would love do to what you are doing to yours. Good luck with it, keep her forever, or sell to me! lol

Cheers :)

Jay, same here.. i love 'em, normally I buy a car and lose interest after a few months or a year, but the 5gtt is one I still have the same feelings for that I did when I first ever saw one... and the boost is seriously addictive fun! :D I dont think I'll ever sell it :) But good luck if u take the plunge and build your own project! :cool:

Leon Cupra R 225
Absolutely stunning! :) Best I've ever seen. Maybe except the yellow one in the Ali G film few years back LOL!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
that is GORGEOUS, i need this car in my life :(

has it had a full strip down and rebuild? or just bits were needed?

i fancied doing an uno turbo (phase 2) like this, but finding a rustless shell is impossible :( (even more so than finding a mint r5 shell lol)

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
OMG, this has to be the nicest and cleanest 5'er i've ever seen. That car is so stunning. What kind of power does it have?
Petrol blue was stunning aswell, what are you having instead?
I really can't belive how nice this car is, can't beat a tungy R5..
Kind regards
Dennis

OMG, this has to be the nicest and cleanest 5'er i've ever seen. That car is so stunning. What kind of power does it have?
Petrol blue was stunning aswell, what are you having instead?
I really can't belive how nice this car is, can't beat a tungy R5..
Kind regards
Dennis

Thanks mate. Its still an ongoing project so at the moment its running sensible power whilst things are being done but still quick for the road, a few bits have been done since the last RR... so its around 200bhp and looking to increase that with a few latest parts being done and setting up soon, so its good fun to play in.

Last edited:
  Po-LOW
wow, just wow!

now iv seen black rims on tungy, thats defo what im gonna be aiming for with my tungy 16v!

want to seem more pics! its ace!

A Euro'd one...
Its looks like it just rolled off the production line. An absolute minter. I'm looking forward to reading up on this 5 once its finished.

New kit and lines.. click pic for full size.

newbrakesfitted2.gif

newbrakesfitted1.gif

newbrakesfitted0.gif

DUB mk2 golf gti!
how old is it?couple more years ull be able to put that in for that classic car show!you kno where they have the sierra's that have lived all there life on a trailer and wrapped in plastic!it's defo up to the standard of them! MINT CAR MATE KEEP UP THE WORK!:D

how old is it?couple more years ull be able to put that in for that classic car show!you kno where they have the sierra's that have lived all there life on a trailer and wrapped in plastic!it's defo up to the standard of them! MINT CAR MATE KEEP UP THE WORK!:D

Thanks :) it will be 18 years old shortly.. so a party will be in order.. :D

I will eventually have it close to that standard... I still have some work under the wheel arches...but almost finished those bits. Even tho.. most of it is new (wishbones, poly bushes, suspension, brake kit) Still bits under there that need finishing.. like the rods need powder coating etc.

I would like to take it to a few of the retro / classic shows tho in a year or two.

:)

that have lived all there life on a trailer and wrapped in plastic!

I know what u mean about the trailered cars.. even tho I'm getting this as clean as poss... its used (dry use). I wont even be keeping it garaged over the winter. Long as theres not a storm outside.. I'll boost around in it. Some of the trailered cars are stunning.. but shame they are not used.

:)

I have just finished where I left off yesterday... I think this will be ok as it is now.. really came out well using hammerite after I gave the whole lot a degreasing which took a while out in the cold! :)

The end result..

UnderArchespic0.jpg

UnderArches0.jpg

UnderArchespic.jpg