ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few nice engine pics of my 5 engine.... and new brakes..

I've just done the other side... still need to turn those bolts around (next job) :)

leftsidearch1.jpg

leftsidearch2.jpg

leftsidearch3.jpg

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
That is very very nice - do you have any before pictures ???

Bet thats taken some time to get like that. Have you done it all on your drive ?

That is very very nice - do you have any before pictures ???

Bet thats taken some time to get like that. Have you done it all on your drive ?

Hi Northy.. thanks. Yep, the bits I do are on the drive.

Here's an updated pic, might need to click on pic.

underboot1.gif

Last edited:
  Renault 5 GTE
hey Zonda m8 stunning motor really, mint as fook, looking superb...

my guess is this is Phase 1 - 85-87?

I guess that from shock bolts...the phase one are more like / while phase one are | ... :D

anyways, do you have any idea of fitting Clio 16V shocks on the Fivers?

I've heard it fits...

Anyway...this is mine GTE...
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156888

Cheery-o, keep the Five alive :D

hey Zonda m8 stunning motor really, mint as fook, looking superb...

my guess is this is Phase 1 - 85-87?

I guess that from shock bolts...the phase one are more like / while phase one are | ... :D

Hi Riker, You were on the right track but you got them around the wrong way, the ph1 5gtt had upright shocks being the original 5gtt then as they upgraded the ph2 they were offset. So its a Ph2 1989.. also the bodykit had lots of small changes, rear archs had vents and the front grill was different and the PH2 was colour coded ;)

anyways, do you have any idea of fitting Clio 16V shocks on the Fivers?

I've heard it fits.

I know that clio rear shocks are shorter and are ideal for lowered cars but not sure about the fronts.. I think you'll be better off getting a set of Konis and if you want firmer ride fit firmer springs.

There is an option to to swap the whole beam front and back from the 16v/williams ..this will give a wider track (+35) but can be an issue if you have wider wheels and the arches scrubbing.

Thanks for the compliments, you 5 is really nice looking gtt!

:cool:

Where's the grill gone Grant ?? Or is it off so that you can get some more cold air into the bay ??

I told Darren about the car the other day :) I said about the amount of effort & hard work you've put into it, he couldn't believe it.

Where's the grill gone Grant ?? Or is it off so that you can get some more cold air into the bay ??

I told Darren about the car the other day :) I said about the amount of effort & hard work you've put into it, he couldn't believe it.

Craig, I took the grill off today for a respray, so it'll be back again soon.. :) the underside is getting a fresh re-paint in grey sealant tommoz... to finish it off under there.

Good to hear Darren liked to hear about the 5.. still have a fair bit left to complete it.. it's still a 1 page list of things left to do... but the page is getting longer!

fcuk me, you could eat your dinner off that, does it ever leave the drive?? LOL

Nice 5 Clart :)

It was used yesterday ;) but generally its a dry use only car and kept garaged in bad weather.

Finished underneath... the end result.. need to click on pic to view

0001.jpg