ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few problems just had my car itb'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
  A SHED!
Hmm, indeed, in thatc ase the problem must lie elsewhere. Its mapped as presented, and like Nicmk said hes wanting to use the ECU and bodies on his next project, so not really a problem, just be interesting to know what caused the issues in the first place :)

give the lad a refund cowboy.

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,
This company is a joke, they said they would keep the end of the ecu plug on the car but they cut it out. There is only one reason why they have done this, just to p*ss nick off as he lost faith in them.

ITB BG 182
surly trading standards come in to this some where as the car is not what he has paid for there for it should be down to them to cover every cost within a certain time limit or if not the owner has the decision to take his car else where an not pay Mtech a flipping penny as they simply could not do the job, then if any problems are found with the car in a new place it would be down to Mtech to pay for the repair of?

So what power did it make back as standard?

Everything is moot without that number.

I don't think you'd get anywhere in the courts:

1. It was a cheap conversion anyway.
2. It gained ~30 bhp as would be expected from bodies even if the absolute figure was low.
3. The cam timing was out at the start.

These 3 facts are based on the work paid for. The rest was FOC. You got what you paid for, at least I think that is how the courts would see it.

Would be fascinating to know what was wrong.

it supposidly got 155bhp when it went in there with cam timing out ?? which i think was rubbish as they had a 182 in a few weeks before prior to my car that got the same results or there abouts , it came out of there with 150bhp so lost 5bhp on the rollers i think , the car was never ever running 180bhp with bodies on , my mates completely standard 172 cup was all over mine when i raced him the day i collected the car from m tech supposidly running 180bhp, it was down anyway from what it supposidly went in with with throttle bodies fitted and there sh1t mega squirt ecu (chinese sh1t) ?? the car was ongoing for about 4-5 months with m tech , all i had were false promises over and over again from then , IMO this companie should not be trading as they are shocking , when me and 2 friends went down there to get some bits of my car one night we decided to have a quick glance over a few cars in there compound and found that most of the cars outside there workshop were in the same position as i was , they had a 350z there that supposidly the guy was spending 50k to have it 4wd conversion and 800+bhp out of it , but it was in the same place it was when my car first went in there 3-4 months ago , unlocked with the bonnet on latch !! not very proffesional IMO , they also had a mx5 convertible that the roof was open and it was p1ssing down with rain !! i kept getting promises from matt but he never ever lived up to them , i also got told he was leaving the ecu plug on as i stated the car was going back to standard when i got it back , when i first collected the car the ecu plug was on there (but mapping was crap) , so after i dropped it of to them to resort out the plug has now been chopped of !! simple fact is they are a bunch of cowboys , and anyone thinking of ever using them stay well clear of them ,

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think the only place on here i'd 100% trust with my car with ITB set up would be TDF imo.

williams and trophy
looks arent everything tho mate. iv seen cars cobbled together that look a right mess ..but go like stink. function over aesthetics every time imho.

no point having everything looking lovely under the bonnet unless its purely a show car that sits with its bonnet open all the time.

Lionel Richie
looks arent everything tho mate. iv seen cars cobbled together that look a right mess ..but go like stink. function over aesthetics every time imho.

no point having everything looking lovely under the bonnet unless its purely a show car that sits with its bonnet open all the time.

you should get a job in F1 LOL ;)

53 Clio's & counting

This is my car lol, I havent even finished cutting the bonnet skin yet

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok just to confirm I did alot of routing around last night and interigated the ecu with lots of programs, it's defo megasquirt based! As the software used to map it is the ms tune software direct from the ms site, not sure how much they charge for it but I've seen ms ecus new uber cheap

Nick,

Very intersting.

We gained 30bhp on your car end of.

We are cowboys???!!

The mazda is OURS. The 350Z has been here 2 months and a crate motor is on the way from the states. How have you seen it here years??We onyl moved to this new building in febuary!

We build competition proven race/rally cars, sorry we dont cater to 'race cars' that have rollcages fitted loosly, wrong wheel bolts so the wheels dont turn and stereo systems hanging out.

Dont blame us for getting the car up to 185bhp (from 155bhp) with bad cam timing....

Its a sahem you decided to publisise your thoughts rather than calling us, but thats just how some people choose to operate I guess... I think we bent over backlards to help.. Moral of the story and every other tuner on here wil agree:

Dont do favours, and dont do it for an affordable price.

Either way, I wish you well with it, and an apology when you get the bottom of the fault would be appreciated.

Like it was our fault the OSR wheel had siezed for being sat stil for a week?!?!? (Really, I did have to defend myself on this one as well..).. oh no, YOU changed the wheels and the wrong length studs were fitted....

Matt

it supposidly got 155bhp when it went in there with cam timing out ?? which i think was rubbish as they had a 182 in a few weeks before prior to my car that got the same results or there abouts , it came out of there with 150bhp so lost 5bhp on the rollers i think

We did email you the graoh....

, the car was never ever running 180bhp with bodies on , my mates completely standard 172 cup was all over mine when i raced him the day i collected the car from m tech supposidly running 180bhp,

My mate i raced at amccyd d is his 1.1 corsa was 700bhpo, wicked.... again.. you had a dyno graph

it was down anyway from what it supposidly went in with with throttle bodies fitted and there sh1t mega squirt ecu (chinese sh1t) ??

Made in southants, irj own license, as per Linux/Redux etc etc, vbery powerful software...

the car was ongoing for about 4-5 months with m tech , all i had were false promises over and over again from then , IMO this companie should not be trading as they are shocking ,

Although we do trade, turning over in excess of 800k a year, with an MOT bay, 450k premises,

when me and 2 friends went down there to get some bits of my car one night we decided to have a quick glance over a few cars in there compound and found that most of the cars outside there workshop were in the same position as i was ,

What, as in parked? Can you tell the work that is going on when the bonnets are down? Wsh I couild, then I wudnt need all the job sheets we have on clipboards on the walls would I...

they had a 350z there that supposidly the guy was spending 50k to have it 4wd conversion and 800+bhp out of it , but it was in the same place it was when my car first went in there 3-4 months ago , unlocked with the bonnet on latch !! not very proffesional IMO ,

Ah we could shut the bonnet, unfortunately the engine was removed, and being keyless entry with the battery doscnnected, we need the bponment unlatched to be able to reconnet to open the doors, very unprofessional indeed..

they also had a mx5 convertible that the roof was open and it was p1ssing down with rain !!

No way, not the one where the roof linings and all the inertior was in the prcoess of being stripped as turning itno ab track car, oh besisdes the fact we own it... deary me

ept getting promises from matt but he never ever lived up to them , i also got told he was leaving the ecu plug on as i stated the car was going back to standard when i got it back , when i first collected the car the ecu plug was on there (but mapping was crap) , so after i dropped it of to them to resort out the plug has now been chopped of !! simple fact is they are a bunch of cowboys , and anyone thinking of ever using them stay well clear of them ,

Well lucikly we dont do many clios, and those that we do are motorsport compeitiors who are busy trying to catch the cars in front of them with M-Tech stickers on...

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
No coment on chopping his loom plug off then pr1ck? That was purely c oontish, the 350 had an engine in when I had my head under there? So Matt what's the ecu based on considering you told me it was nothing like megasquirt and u had nothing to do with them? Ure very quick to point out where nick may have it wrong thonno response to other questions and unfortunately ure the one on trial here not him, I know u dnt care about the clios and there work as income as u turner over so much money but it's strange how alot of other forums have the same problems with you and you respond the same way, by diverting the atention away from your self and onto the faults of the customer, in no way has nick been unreasonable in his wants from you and his car. The service you provided was shocking and I'm suprised that based on what I've read on other forums and what nicks being through that someone hasn't just sparked u out

A SHED!
it supposidly got 155bhp when it went in there with cam timing out ?? which i think was rubbish as they had a 182 in a few weeks before prior to my car that got the same results or there abouts , it came out of there with 150bhp so lost 5bhp on the rollers i think

We did email you the graoh....

, the car was never ever running 180bhp with bodies on , my mates completely standard 172 cup was all over mine when i raced him the day i collected the car from m tech supposidly running 180bhp,

My mate i raced at amccyd d is his 1.1 corsa was 700bhpo, wicked.... again.. you had a dyno graph

it was down anyway from what it supposidly went in with with throttle bodies fitted and there sh1t mega squirt ecu (chinese sh1t) ??

Made in southants, irj own license, as per Linux/Redux etc etc, vbery powerful software...

the car was ongoing for about 4-5 months with m tech , all i had were false promises over and over again from then , IMO this companie should not be trading as they are shocking ,

Although we do trade, turning over in excess of 800k a year, with an MOT bay, 450k premises,

when me and 2 friends went down there to get some bits of my car one night we decided to have a quick glance over a few cars in there compound and found that most of the cars outside there workshop were in the same position as i was ,

What, as in parked? Can you tell the work that is going on when the bonnets are down? Wsh I couild, then I wudnt need all the job sheets we have on clipboards on the walls would I...

they had a 350z there that supposidly the guy was spending 50k to have it 4wd conversion and 800+bhp out of it , but it was in the same place it was when my car first went in there 3-4 months ago , unlocked with the bonnet on latch !! not very proffesional IMO ,

Ah we could shut the bonnet, unfortunately the engine was removed, and being keyless entry with the battery doscnnected, we need the bponment unlatched to be able to reconnet to open the doors, very unprofessional indeed..

they also had a mx5 convertible that the roof was open and it was p1ssing down with rain !!

No way, not the one where the roof linings and all the inertior was in the prcoess of being stripped as turning itno ab track car, oh besisdes the fact we own it... deary me

ept getting promises from matt but he never ever lived up to them , i also got told he was leaving the ecu plug on as i stated the car was going back to standard when i got it back , when i first collected the car the ecu plug was on there (but mapping was crap) , so after i dropped it of to them to resort out the plug has now been chopped of !! simple fact is they are a bunch of cowboys , and anyone thinking of ever using them stay well clear of them ,

Well lucikly we dont do many clios, and those that we do are motorsport compeitiors who are busy trying to catch the cars in front of them with M-Tech stickers on...

TURNOVER OF 800K? YOU WONT GIVING HIM A REFUND THEN? I THINK EVERYONE ON HERE SHOULD FORWARD THIS THREAD ONTO OTHER CAR FORUMS...SO NO ONE HAS TO BE CONNED AGAIN. IDIOTS!

at the end of the day , you chopped the ecu plug of my wiring loom , after telling me you wasnt going to chop it of , i am fed up with all this bu11 sh1t you keep talking all the time , all you seem to do is talk sh1t , the 350z had a engine in it when we were there ??? we were looking under the bonnet and could see the blow of valves , dump valves , so thats sh1t saying it has no engine in , your work is shocking to be quite honest , your wiring isnt up to much either , especially after we peeled the black tape of , here is some photo's of how sh1t your wiring actually is , and for your companie ot be turning over 800k a year i very much dought it , especially when you drive a 3k nissan skyline ... that must be more s**t , adey will describe what is what as i havent got a clue what the wires are , just a few photo's of my camera , you havent got a very good reputation across most forums either , you illegaly sell megash1t ecu's apparently , you also told me that the v4 isnt megasquirt when it is as well , 70% of what you told me when the car went in was rubbish !! you just seem to tell me things to keep me happy , no launch control as said as well , 450k premesis ??? more like 50k , all you have is a mot ramp , and a 4 arm ramp , wheres 450k come from , your prices seem to be seriously over inflated , you seem to big your companie up a lot and never seem to focus on the point of the thread ,

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

Last edited:
  williams and trophy
lol.that wiring looks pretty much the same as another 172 i know.......only tuned by a diff company. seems thats par for the course???

shocking.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i had my old one done by omex/gdi and i think i only had 2 wires cut in the original loom, i easily refitted my stock stuff when in took the bodies and ecu off

Mondeo TDCI 130
My car looked like that at one point..... i had a sore bottom like you aswell from the shafting i had recieved! Hope you sort it!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
turnover of 800k and mapping cars with megasquirt LOL

regardless of what went on with cam timing etc you told a customer the original loom would be intact and instead, completely disabled it. id be taking that further.

CLIO RS CUP
32 pages later.... All i cansay is i feel your pain nick. I was with out my last car for 6 months and when it came back it was never the same again!

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,
Nick is spot on that 350z did have the engine in!!! And that unit is never 450K, you do take some s1ht and the boy's on passion ford which i know from my cossy days of old also say the same!!! The way the loom was cut was not ideal as the ends were not insulated just tape round the whole loom! If or when you company goes tit's up try getting a job at halfords you will fit in well!! I dont like to **** any company off but you really are just a con man and should never of touched nicks car or at least done you home work on clios before agreeing a price. You also deffo said it aint M/S ecu and it bloody is. Now I have to re loom the whole bloody car or nick is going to sell the car as an unfinished project either way you have cost him ££££'s. Shame on you!!!!

Last edited:
mind you , they had a trainee working on my car from the start which i wasnt happy about as the kid obviously hasnt got a clue , looks like my car was left to the trainee to sort whilst they were sorting other cars , they have runined the car IMO , as it needs a whole new loom fitted to it now which i havent got the time to sort out , and to be honest havent got the cash to sort out either , so the car will end up being broken or sold as it is for cheap , this thread is a WARNING NOT TO USE M TECH AUTOMOTIVE , as they have p1ssed me about something cronic from day 1 , all promises and never ever lived up to them , also one other thing , they sealed the throttle bodies to my car with some sort of silicone as it was all over the inlets of the car , like a window sealer , IMO that shouldnt of been done either as the gasket or seals on the bodies should of sealed it ,

Lionel Richie
if its any help to you Nick i'll gladly fit another loom for you and look the car over £FOC, serious offer as i'd like to see what's going on for myself, call it being nosey, but something's up here

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
been reading this for a bit and im glad that you seem to finaly have a solution... and i find it piss poor that another tuner has offered to sort the car out FREE !! because he feels mtechs effort was that poor its worth paying to look at LOL!

Lionel Richie
^that's not what i'm saying, not getting involved with mtech as i don't know them, nor have i seen their work, and don't call me a tuner - that's a dirty word!! ;)

i'm offering my help as a cliosport member, take away all the trader stuff, Nick's been put out in some way shape or form and he needs his car sorting, fitting an engine loom isn't a big job! I'd like to drive the car to see what's what TBH

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
^that's not what i'm saying, not getting involved with mtech as i don't know them, nor have i seen their work, and don't call me a tuner - that's a dirty word!! ;)

i'm offering my help as a cliosport member, take away all the trader stuff, Nick's been put out in some way shape or form and he needs his car sorting, fitting an engine loom isn't a big job! I'd like to drive the car to see what's what TBH

Hero. should be more people in the world like you

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Hero! :)

Evo 5 RS
lol.that wiring looks pretty much the same as another 172 i know.......only tuned by a diff company. seems thats par for the course???

shocking.

part of the course they never took more like ;)

Oh and if you turn Fred's offer down you need a slap on the noggin Nick!

Status
Not open for further replies.