ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got the ///M - Byzanz Metallic BMW E36 M3 Evo Saloon.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Mmmm ... that colour has a hint of aftermarket about it, even with standard trim/badging.
An E36 saloon surely has to be Estoril Blue?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
E36 M3's ftw!

:D
SS851558.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I fitted the spoiler, purely for resale.

And I think i'm the only one who prefers these wheels! lol. (But then I am a man of impecable taste...)

Turbos.
Just seen a Coupe in the same colour whilst browsing Autotrader, so perhaps not quite as rare as you were led to believe! Unless you were talking saloons?

I can't work out the colour. Think it's one of those that I need to clean to appreciate!

Again, not sure on the car either, but photos can be very deceptive. Glad you've finally got something you were after though Nick.

If your not a million miles away i'd be tempted to travel your way to let you make it shiny!

That's awesome.

Saloons are so much nicer than the Coupe, I even prefer the wheels.

Great buy!

Cheers matey.

Lovely Nick.

LOL just looking through pistonheads after reading this post as you do and guess what i saw !

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3284433.htm

Just seen a Coupe in the same colour whilst browsing Autotrader, so perhaps not quite as rare as you were led to believe! Unless you were talking saloons?

Lol typical! Having looked around for a couple of months I never saw another one in the colour, so I'm guessing there's only 2 or so saloons in this colour then!

Is this the same one, or the second Bronze one in the UK?

4718678513_ea34fd33c0.jpg

(behind the polo)

Thats the one I own matey, most of the pictures on google of the Byzanz M3 saloon are actually the car I have.

Nick

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Drove this briefly last night, had forgotten how different they are to the e46!!

Basically, its kinda like driving a rocket powered truck, with everything being really heavy & cumbersome. Pulls like a train as well, which is always nice.

e46 by comparison is much more refined, & considerably easier to drive quickly. Obviously i havent driven either of them 'properly' but my feeling would be that the e36 would ultimately be more fun, purely due to the higher risk of sticking it in a bush, with the e46 being the better all rounder.

With the weight of the clutch/gearchange/accelerator, i think i'd have legs like Arnold Schwarzenegger if i tried to commute 100 miles a day in one :eek:

e91 330d/type r mini
Drove this briefly last night, had forgotten how different they are to the e46!!

Basically, its kinda like driving a rocket powered truck, with everything being really heavy & cumbersome. Pulls like a train as well, which is always nice.

e46 by comparison is much more refined, & considerably easier to drive quickly. Obviously i havent driven either of them 'properly' but my feeling would be that the e36 would ultimately be more fun, purely due to the higher risk of sticking it in a bush, with the e46 being the better all rounder.

With the weight of the clutch/gearchange/accelerator, i think i'd have legs like Arnold Schwarzenegger if i tried to commute 100 miles a day in one :eek:
you really think the e46 is easier to drive quickly over the e36? maybe its just my driving style but i could hold my e36 on the limit all day long but the the e46 i dont think i could it just feels to heavy.
.maybe my e46 m3 is just a lemon lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
you really think the e46 is easier to drive quickly over the e36? maybe its just my driving style but i could hold my e36 on the limit all day long but the the e46 i dont think i could it just feels to heavy. maybe my e46 m3 is just a lemon lol

I meant in terms of the TC/DSC really, e46 is easier to drive in the wet lol.

On limit stuff, no idea, havent driven the e46 enough to find out :(

An orange one
love it!!

when i was about 13 i went to london with my parents and we saw a byzanz saloon, always remember that to this day! so rare!

So a little bit of an update.

Having done around 500 miles in the car now and with it being 16 years old, the car still feels light years ahead of the previous cars i've owned/currently got (Clio/Audi A3/Mk4 Golf). Everything feels nice and tight even down to little things like switches feel better than the likes of other cars, plus whats fantastic about it is that even though it's a highly strung engine as standard (with ITB's ;)), the full rpm range is so usable. I can be in 6th gear at just over idle driving along and there'll be no kangeroo'ing stuttering and you can just press the accelerator in any gear/rpm and your off with no troubles. Torque is an awesome thing! The only thing that can be hard work is the clutch/changing gear, thats probably the only thing that's testing when in traffic as they are both rather stiff.

The car seems rather balanced also in terms of handling, i'm starting to try and push the car a little more now but nothing too mad as from what people say that can be very snappy. Wanting to do a trackday ideally to reap the benefits of how it handles as road driving isn't that great/good judge of how a car handles anyways.

I'm off this week so going to start reversing some of the external parts back to standard like the lights etc, going to get some prices on badges/door strips and some various other little things I can do for the time being. I'll also starting to build up my cleaning kit so I can give the car a good thorough clean before the winter really sets in.

But all in all i'm made up about it, properly awesome car and would recommend anyone to drive a 'good' one!

Cheers
Nick

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Nice sleeper. I'd be fooled into thinking it was a rep :eek:
Will be better back to it's original glory though.

So a little bit of an update, was on the lookout for a standard CD player. Was finding it quite hard to get one in good condition as most have been binned for aftermarket models, then stumbed across 8 of these for sale from the same guy...

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

It’s an optional CD player for numerous BMW’s, a Blaupunkt unit that ties in with the rest of the centre console style/iluminations. Best thing about it is that sound quality has improved from the ‘good’ Kenwood headunit I had! (apologies for the pants pictures!)

Also after looking at various cleaning products for hours, I bit the bullet andpurchased a load of stuff. I’ve got quite a few others things in the shed to finish it off that I’ve had previous, all I need now over the coming months is a Karcher with snow foam lance and a DA/rotary polisher but this should do the job for the time being.

IMG_0308.jpg

Cheers
Nick