ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thoughts on arb? I think it's a nice bit of kit, well as much as a piece of over expensive metal can be

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thoughts on arb? I think it's a nice bit of kit, well as much as a piece of over expensive metal can be

I did quite a bit today, inc all the fast road stuff, but its not been set up till Thursday. My dad came out of Hospital today, so I've only drove it to pick him up, as the Cambers done by Eye for now. However, it did feel like I needed to turn the wheel less to corner, and felt a little more planted. Could be Placebo effect, Ive only done about 6 miles in it!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
New exhaust off :). New bpipe needed a grinder to it as the weld is too big stopping the bolts going through :(. Should be sorted soon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust on and love it. Not too loud and easily track material. The weight difference between this one and the piper was noticeable and actually feels better now and the sound of the induction kit compliments the exhaust. Feels quicker too but prob a mixture of the cold weather and its a new exhaust. Will get pics up tomo :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Fits to the standard mate. Although a lot of people replace the centre pipe and leave the standard backbox, sounds nice too aparantly

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I had the bigger unsilenced middle pipe with the standard backbox for about a month, it's so raspy, lol!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Well the motorway test is out of the way. On the way to footy last night its no louder than the piper i had. But lol when i put my foot down and wether its in my head, it def feels quicker.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I will be at some stage mate. Thinking it will run lean if its not mapped? Also those japspeed ones you put a link up for, reckon they are any good? 200 seems pretty good. Was offered a toda one for 450 lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No real updates apart from my new exhaust fitted and tried some new cleaning stuff.

My method

1bm
srp
Autosmart wax

typer011_zps1bae642a.gif

typer010_zps197eb6ed.gif

typer012_zps34a726fd.gif

Pictures arnt brilliant as the light was fading :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nah not as yet. Prob looking to invest in a go pro or similar in the next couple of months

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

It'll sound like that, just not as loud ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Haha! I am getting a bit bored of it tbh.

It's changed a bit since then in sound too. Obviously bedded in, lol!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Mines a Silenced 2.5" B Pipe with a 4" Backbox, I rarely go above 2.5k revs now, just get a feint rumble then. Sounds amazing, like a Touring Car when I rev it to 8600, but I couldnt live with it that loud daily. On the plus side, Im granny driving it to keep the noise down and getting some nice MPG ;)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I'm thinking mugen twin loop for mine now, been watching videos all morning. Nice and subtle til you hit vtec then it just sounds epic

Swift Sport
My Civic is going tomorrow, I had my last drive of it today... I'll miss it as it's been a flawless car, and I'll continue to believe that it's a better car to own than a Clio.

Swift Sport
Yeah I've had a decent offer so I've accepted it... I'm going to use the Jimny until I've built up my finances then I'll buy a cheap track car, an MX-5 is top of the list.