ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not a very interesting update. Bought myself a skunk2 gearknob after people raving about them. Got tbh i wasnt sure but got one anyway. Big improvement with how it changes gear, suprised to say the least. Ordered my unsilenced centre which should be here Tuesday, just need to invest in a go pro to make a couple of videos :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Not a very interesting update. Bought myself a skunk2 gearknob after people raving about them. Got tbh i wasnt sure but got one anyway. Big improvement with how it changes gear, suprised to say the least. Ordered my unsilenced centre which should be here Tuesday, just need to invest in a go pro to make a couple of videos :)

Told you, amazing arent they!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks a nice example.I have the fn2 which i can vouch for as a great daily drive and i'd have no problem driving yours either.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. I only ask as i saw a milano red one at johnsons toyota in wallasey yesterday, not yours by chance?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
ah fair one, would have been funny if it was yours. Looked nice too, lowered, different wing etc. Quick one, whats your thoughts on the open coned filters like aem etc. Everyone seems to slate them but at the sampe time very popular.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Havent updated for a while. Bought a couple of things, aem v2 and changed the exhaust a few times.

Started with a silenced bpipe and n1 rep box, sounded nice.
Then tried the above with an unsilenced bpipe, lasted a day, stupid loud.
Then tried unsilenced with oem backbox, again sounded ok.

A fujitstubo legalis r twin pipe came up for sale, rare as hen's teeth and expensive, so couldnt resist and if i dont like it ive got two or three people who want it. Some pics albeit not the best

Before

typerexhaust003_zps8b6339fe.gif

Exhaust

typerexhaust002_zps871c7bd4.gif

On the car

typerexhaust_zpsa054c206.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah probably not mate, kind of rushed. Looks good though tbf, even if i do say so myself lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick update after fitting my dc catback exhaust and abp eibach sportline springs. The exhaust is just right, not too loud and sounds great when on the move. The springs have improved the ride far more than i expected tbh, much better than standard. Gave it a quick wash and took some pics.

Before

typer013_zps214f36c3.gif

typer012_zps34a726fd.gif

After springs and exhaust have been fitted

typer005_zpse625de4b.jpg

typer006_zps9f68695a.jpg

typer004_zps93cb2dde.gif

typer003_zpsb2a0fcc0.jpg

typer001_zpsc894fbe0.jpg

typer002_zps876ca9e8.gif

Going to abp in crewe on tuesday so get the frsu done, cant wait.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha, im suprised too. I cant see any reason for selling it tbh. Boredom or the sound of tiny feet will be the reasons lol

TTRS & V50
Looks great. Sportlines are quite a big drop - you wouldn't want to go any lower !

Are you going for camber arms on the rear ? Or just modifying the existing arms.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. Sportlines are quite a big drop - you wouldn't want to go any lower !

Are you going for camber arms on the rear ? Or just modifying the existing arms.

got d2 rear arms fitted ready for the frsu. I wouldn't go any lower either, very impressed how well it drives on them, better than standard by a country mile

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Any thoughts on what I should ask the settings to be? Or should I just go with abp's recommendations?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Any thoughts on what I should ask the settings to be? Or should I just go with abp's recommendations?
Go with ABP's recommendations mate. They know how to do a good FRSU. :) Don't be tempted to go with silly amounts of camber for the sake of 'stance' (or whatever the lingo is) because, driven hard, the EP3's can get through tyres pretty quickly as it is. ABP will set it up to your needs taking into account the tweakable setup you already have on the car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate will leave it to the people that know. I have a feeling they are going to have to replace the ps top mount as I think it's goosed, more bloody money :(

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I really like that mate, looks lovely! I keep wanting another one of these but I just can't bring myself to sell the clio. Prefer the N1 to the DC system personally but I know the noise from the N1 can get a little tiresome unless your in 'Tec everywhere lol

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cool cool, cheers pal.

Need mine doing soonish but can't spare the money for the bits because of holidays, doh!