ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Congrats! In your colour too, so i'm sure you saved a pretty penny! Definitely get a 2nd pair of hands to help you change it over. My old dynamique spoiler felt like it was going to snap when i prized it off the roof!

Oh right is it difficult? i thought it was afew bolts to undo and tada! haha have to have a mooch tonight, see what the crack is with it

Oh right is it difficult? i thought it was afew bolts to undo and tada! haha have to have a mooch tonight, see what the crack is with it

no it's not /difficult/. It's just a bit fiddly. It's 6 torx bolts in the boot, then close the boot and you have to lift up the old spoiler - it's also held in by 2-3 popper clips. These will probably snap as you prise the spoiler out, i snapped the right popper on my dynam, but the cup already had both. I think you can get them spare from renault anyway.

So yes, 6 screws, close the boot, pry the spoiler off - it will feel like it's going to break but persevere. Don't rip it away, disconnect the washer pipe and breakelight connector, refit on the cup spoiler and then you'll want your mate to hold it in place while you get the plugs and pipe out of the way. The painful thing is, the underside of the dynam is hollow - but the cups soild, so there's not nearly enough room. I ended up cutting the washer pipe short and leaving it disconnected, and cutting the brake plug off and just joining the wires on with butt connectors.
Once you've the conenctions done, lower the cup spoiler into place evenly on both sides. I found that if i put one popper in first, the other jsut wouldn't go in, like their spacing was slightly off. So do both from above at once, then taking care to hold the spoiler in place (as the poppers wont full engage really) open the boot up again, take care not to clip the roof, then i fitted both centre screws first, then for the sides, made my mate push/pull the spoiler firmly against the top of the boot as i put the side screws in. Be very careful to check the screw is actually going into the hole, and not just drilling into the spoiler from underneath!

Once all the screws are back in, you're basically done. Mine sat about 2mm higher on the drivers side, but you can barely notice it, and this is apparently fairly normal, I'll snap a pic after work here. When you go to properly close the boot, carefully open/close it and check the spoiler isn't catching/fouling the roof before you close the boot hard to close it.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer! you shouldn't run into any surprises really.

Edit: Photo showing the poppers
cTrjagC.jpg

I snapped a red side one off my dynamique spoiker (just out of shot) and the cup spoiler didn't have a top popper in it. On the cup spoiler - my poppers were painted green. You can also see how hollow the other spoiler is.

Last edited:
  TT QS
Yeah. I pulled it lol. Just gotta be forcefull if you do it that way. If you go from the back of the bumper. There's lots of clips

Oh right cool, did you break any clips or was it all good?

I cant get to the clips without taking the bumper completely off and i cba haha

TT QS
Oh right cool, did you break any clips or was it all good?

I cant get to the clips without taking the bumper completely off and i cba haha

I managed to pop my bumper off and do it both ways. Abit awkward but it makes it look so much better so it was worth it lol

Decent! Still looking good mate! Just had my 272 wheels fitted makes your car jut look so much better just with them!

Cheers mate! :approve: i like the 172 alloys, you got any pics of it?

Got round to fitting my new rear end today, thanks to SnapMonkey on here:

JZnWNL0h.jpg

S1d2LQch.jpg

kWFYawth.jpg

Vbn25uGh.jpg

The match is near-perfect

0BWMkvVh.jpg

Looking fresh!

oWsb91Th.jpg

Also got some new dust caps just cuz :cool:

rUmtoiKh.jpg

Will be giving her a wash/polish/wax later when the shade rolls in, then hopefully go out for afew snaps :)

Just needs the cup spoiler to arrive now!

Aww mate, I'm so jealous, that looks excellent! !
Did you get the archliners and everything? I really want a ph2 rear!!

haha cheers dude! was a very lucky find, i didn't realise how good they actually look haha :D
No, in all honesty i didn't know you needed them until i put my old ones back on, there's no bottom fixing hole in the bumper :p but nothing afew cable ties wont sort out.
Yeah deffo worth getting one, even if you have to get it sprayed up! will look epic mate!

Isn't that rear bumper monaco blue?

Well he said it was resprayed in odyssey, and it matches up quite well, so who knows haha

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That looks great, but I'd consider asking how much a bodyshop want to blend the edge of the bumper in a bit so the match is un-noticeable.

Won't be as much as having it painted and will make a good difference as for me that's not a good match.

Oh, and you have a srs weird username.

Keep spending it! ;) looks quality mate.

Haha tempted! would love some half leather sport seats ;)

That looks great, but I'd consider asking how much a bodyshop want to blend the edge of the bumper in a bit so the match is un-noticeable.

Won't be as much as having it painted and will make a good difference as for me that's not a good match.

Oh, and you have a srs weird username.

Yeah ill have a search round whats local and see if i can find anything :)

Oh and yeah my username is weird, my names not even jack! Its just a reeally old Xbox live username that stuck, for everything :p

just subscribed :) really liking those wheels are they 15" ?

​Cheers mate! yeah 15"

Last edited:
Cup spoiler arrived today, looks great!

but again, as with the bumper, the colour doesnt match the car.

I was told the car was Odyssey blue, but now im 99% sure it isnt. I had a quick google for my paint code (460) and it came back with 2 results:

Pacific blue
Royal blue

Does anyone know if these are similar? they both share the same code...

Am looking into getting them both fully resprayed (shame as there both in perfect nic) and would like to get it done locally so i can take the car down and match it up. ive found afew places around Tamworth but has anyone got any recommendations? Don't want it to be mega expensive if i can help it :/

​Pretty gutted tbh </3

Last edited:
Cup spoiler arrived today, looks great!

but again, as with the bumper, the colour doesnt match the car.

I was told the car was Odyssey blue, but now im 99% sure it isnt. I had a quick google for my paint code (460) and it came back with 2 results:

Pacific blue
Royal blue

Does anyone know if these are similar? they both share the same code...

Am looking into getting them both fully resprayed (shame as there both in perfect nic) and would like to get it done locally so i can take the car down and match it up. ive found afew places around Tamworth but has anyone got any recommendations? Don't want it to be mega expensive if i can help it :/

​Pretty gutted tbh </3

Ragin'. I think there are a few shades of Odyessy blue? I know there were a few shades of mine, one of them being considerably darker than my car was. It may well be the car it came off was odyessy, but a different shade!
There are a few paint code threads here, or you could possibly pm sprayshack - he deals with them daily!

How radically different a colour is it? you could maybe get a colour swatch card so you could find the exact shade.

Ragin'. I think there are a few shades of Odyessy blue? I know there were a few shades of mine, one of them being considerably darker than my car was. It may well be the car it came off was odyessy, but a different shade!
There are a few paint code threads here, or you could possibly pm sprayshack - he deals with them daily!

How radically different a colour is it? you could maybe get a colour swatch card so you could find the exact shade.

Your tellin me mate aha :rasp:

ill get some pics up in a sec of the difference, but it matches the 172 bumper perfectly! I did consider SS but as i said before, id really prefer it local so i can take the car down and properly show/explain it etc.

EDIT: You can see the difference here, just my luck eh...

Hm25kqr.jpg

GXpgs07.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's a pretty radical difference in that side by side shot!
Your car /is/ odyessy blue, right? ;) I'd just get it resprayed, or even check with SS, see if he has one in odyessy by chance and if you can do a swap? Only cost me 80 to have mine done, 2 shades of my paint and mine was the variant shade!

Also: how hard was it for you to apply your rear window CS sticker? I have one to put on and a new URL sticker. so far i''ve managed to fluff up putting the url sticker on and ruined it :(

Last edited: