ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Yeah its not great!

f**k knows aha! yeah im gonna, need to get afew quotes together. wounded!

Bit fiddly, some of the letters didnt transfer etc, and im fairly sure im missing the dot above the i :cool:

TT QS
I had a few bits done at a local place my end of brum and I regret it so much. I've got a ph3 front bumper and 172 rear bumper to be sprayed so I'm gonna spend the extra and get a good place to do it. Luckily there's a few decent places by where I work

Thinking about smoking the top brake light on the cup spoiler, has anyone done is before?

Just a thought as the dynamique spoiler's light is smoked and it looks nice...

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Thinking about smoking the top brake light on the cup spoiler, has anyone done is before?

Just a thought as the dynamique spoiler's light is smoked and it looks nice...

if its not too dark i think it would look good :approve: what are you smoking it with spray?

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Is that the stuff you used to black out the lights on your white clio?

yep its fairly easy to do you just heat it up with a hairdryer and smooth over with a credit card or something similar then if you want to remove it you just heat it up again and peel off simples :) . just one thing to remember is make sure the edges are well stuck down i left a small gap when i did mine and once the water gets in it wont stick back down again.

Just been to afew bodyshops around local and its looking like its gonna be £350 + VAT to get the bits sprayed :/

So that plans out the window aha! Left with 2 options:

1) Leave them on and not give a f**k if they don't match (#y0l0)

2) sell the spoiler & bumper to make abit of cash back

Either way, im not spending that much money. Id much rather keep it for my RS fund. and ive got next years insurance to get together.

Just been to afew bodyshops around local and its looking like its gonna be £350 + VAT to get the bits sprayed :/

So that plans out the window aha! Left with 2 options:

1) Leave them on and not give a f**k if they don't match (#y0l0)

2) sell the spoiler & bumper to make abit of cash back

Either way, im not spending that much money. Id much rather keep it for my RS fund. and ive got next years insurance to get together.

What! Mate for less you could psot me the spoiler, pay me to get it painted where i had mine done, and i'll post it back! He told me 150 for a rear bumper too. Still cheaper!
I say put them on and don't care they don't quite match.

If you DO sellthat rear bumper, let me know, i might take it off ya.

Tempting but it'll cost me £150 to get it over to ireland :p

Reckon ill stick with, my mates dad works at an accident & repair centre so im hoping he can sort me out something cheap.

Anyway from one problem to another, i need a plug...

0S6v676.jpg

The plug in mine currently is round (same as the number plate light) soooo. Anyone got one lying around? ;) Im gonna take it into work tomorrow and see if theres a way of maybe soldering the cables on, or maybe some teenie tiny shovel crimps...

i just cut the plugs off the spoiler etc, and crimped on butt connectors. MUCH easier for fitting. though isnt that jsut the plug for the brakelight into spoiler? I thought they were all the same.

150 quid to post?! Mine was 30 quid to post!!! Who are you sending it by and does it come shipped in gold leaf? ;)

Well thats the brakelight itself, the plug on the cable coming from the car is different so i might have to do abit of modding, if i cant track one down.

haha over reaction dw ;) would be difficult making sure it gets there in one piece though...

Had a free morning at work so i decided to use the workshop to my advantage and get this cup spoiler fitted!

First things first, needed to solve the mis-matched plug issue on the brake light. Nothing a soldering iron could fix though! So i went ahead and stripped it down:

4mbefVv.jpg

Then i removed the plug from the PCB:

qEwjKlw.jpg

Needed to get access to the pins inside so i decided to hacksaw the outer case off:

12Diu0B.jpg

4gclGdx.jpg

Then out came the iron! with my bodged extension lead of ofcourse ;)

j9Jegl1.jpg

Pretty happy with the final result!

D5k1Tb4.jpg

cvZMw70.jpg

Time to put it back together!

1FeZ1Qv.jpg

Then a quick test to see if tall was well, gotta love choc block:

gO6Hes2.jpg

And its on! perfect :cool: Had to disconnect the washer though as the pipe is waaaay to short to reach the nozzle on the Cup for some reason, couldn't get the spoiler to sit with it connected...

bvMGRVX.jpg

WSXc2PV.jpg

So all in all pretty happy! anyone wanna buy a dynamique spoiler.........

Cheers mate :)

Not sure if i wanna spend any more money on it tbf. maybe get some service parts like new washer pump, engine mount, exhaust bracket etc just to clean it up abit. unless anyone has any good suggestions?

Cheers dude! Still a lot i want to do to it, but im in 2 minds!

-wanna go lower
-alacantra rs seats
-snappy refurbed wheel
-spray all the odd bits the right colour

But all that is knocking on for £1000 of work, and my insurance has already started to deny me modifications.....

Pity you can't get in with greenlight. My old insurance people wouldn't covery any mods when i declared them and cancelled the policy. Greenlight cover everything and it doesn't inflate the policy as i go!

Yeah i might look into changing companies next year, but it depends on my renewal/no claims etc etc

But ive payed in full so i cant really cancel

Yeah they're still quite far in the arches but i don't wanna risk it running them undeclared.

Its a game of keeping under the radar at my age, getting afew years no claims together and then treating myself to something worth the money id throw at it.

My mate was the same, he had a mini that he did little bits on & kept it in nice shape. ran it slow and clean for 3 years, saved up all his money. Now he drives around in a mk5 R32! Said it was well worth he wait, the nose it phenomenal :cool:

IMO ive spent way too much on this car already, but im taking it as a learning curve. Just a car i can 'practice' on (mods, cleaning, servicing etc) so when i do end up with something nice, I can properly look after it & make it the car ive always wanted :approve:

But i know for a fact that i will always ​look back and miss this car...

Sure you can, you jsut lose your NCB for the year, pay a cancellation fee. They'll give you a cheque for your unused premium minus any fees. Obviously not worth it as you lose your ncb. I think GL want 2yrs ncb minimum

Yeah thats definately not worth losing the NCB for a set of spacers xD

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Looks great but you need some stretched tyres on the wheels and lowered down coilovers ;)

Sounds perfect mate but its an insurance game atm :/

Wish id have gone for coilies the first time round, 60mm isn't low enough...

i believe they may be a different colour although font quote me on that :/

Might see if i can track one down if they are. Don't plan on using the wheel straight away anyway

I thought the spoiler was a totally wrong colour? Car looks well.

Yeah its the same colour as the bumper, you can tell from this pic:

Hm25kqr.jpg

Might bite the bullet next year and just get them sprayed up, wouldn't mind goin to afew shows with it maybe. Cheers though! :)