ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Here she is after a wash & polish. Only had 1 previous owner, 59k on the clock, runs sweet :)
Ig8keI1.jpg

hDtx0Kd.jpg

Ordered an RS Grill as they look the part on all the Clios ive seen so far.

Want it lowered it 40mm, find some tidy 17" alloys (not sure which yet).

Not seen may projects in this colour so I was hoping people may have some suggestions on where to go? I have seen one with yellow tinted fog lights so i may invest in some for mine as they looked the part :)

afew more pics:
KZcnB5m.jpg

xBjqBtc.jpg

Update: Got my RS Grill, put a cheeky french flag on it and aswell :)

25OAKUf.jpg

Wind deflectors are on the list for payday, then i think ill look into getting it lowered

enjoy it mate looks a very clean example ! personally id stick to OEM wheels sport if you like think only a hand full of aftermarket wheels suit them , but if you dont want to be a sheep theres plenty to choose from !

PS personally id leave the yellow fogs they look awful imo haha

Arctic 182FF
Greetings fellow Odyssey blue non-sport owner! Your plans sound good to me, things I'd always recommend are: coilovers (although 40mm lowering springs may well be enough), 172 rear bumper, spacers, and all the sheep mods (colour coding, silvervision indicator bulbs, clear side repeaters etc.) Feel free to check out my project thread for ideas, although mine certainly isn't to everyone's taste... (skip to page 7 for pictures of it looking good) http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?652574-Barnett-s-ph2-odyssey-first-car

Cheers mate ill have a look into them! Yeah im in 2 minds about the fogs, as i did see a very tidy PH2 with them yellow. ill leave it abit, do some photoshopping and have a think i reckon

Barnett your clio looks veeeeeerry nice! i do like the 172 bumper(s?) and the anthracite diamonds. How much did your colour-coding cost?

First and foremost, before you do any modding, make sure the servicing is up to date. Get some new oil, filters, spark plugs etc in there and also check when the timing belt was last done.

​It's all good jumping in and spending money on mods and forgetting about basic maintenance. I did exactly that and it ended in disaster.

The car is a very good base however, the same as my old one ! Treat it well and it will last !

Lovely little car that. The plans you have sound spot on. Enjoy it :)

Cheers mate!

First and foremost, before you do any modding, make sure the servicing is up to date. Get some new oil, filters, spark plugs etc in there and also check when the timing belt was last done.

​It's all good jumping in and spending money on mods and forgetting about basic maintenance. I did exactly that and it ended in disaster.

The car is a very good base however, the same as my old one ! Treat it well and it will last !

Valid point. It had a service when i bought it (roughly 2 months ago) and no problems have surfaced. I check the oil/water etc regularly, but I will look into having the timing belt done as i don't believe it has been and they recommend it after 60k? (i think)

Arctic 182FF
Barnett your clio looks veeeeeerry nice! i do like the 172 bumper(s?) and the anthracite diamonds. How much did your colour-coding cost?

Thanks :) just got the 172 rear bumper, standard front bumper but colour coded. I did the side strips myself, the materials must've cost about £30-£40 and it took me a few days to do. The rest of the colour coding was done professionally and cost £250, but that included the price of the rear bumper, the arch liners and fitting it all.

Just found a 172 rear bumper on ebay, Odyssey Blue ;) £60, payday tomorrow, tempted.... are they just unbolt & put the new one straight on? i would presume so. Also did you get the colour coding done locally? will get my sidestrips, bullets & front strips done when i can.

Arctic 182FF
I'd definitely get it if I were you, save you a lot on spraying costs. I'd assume so, although I got the arch liners with mine too because I was told you'd have to modify it in some way to get it to fit/line up without them (I'd ask someone else about that though because I'm really not sure). Yeah luckily there's a guy on here who's spray shop is really near me, think his name was richwilkins50 he did a great job at a reasonable price, really nice guy and lovely car.

I'd definitely get it if I were you, save you a lot on spraying costs. I'd assume so, although I got the arch liners with mine too because I was told you'd have to modify it in some way to get it to fit/line up without them (I'd ask someone else about that though because I'm really not sure). Yeah luckily there's a guy on here who's spray shop is really near me, think his name was richwilkins50 he did a great job at a reasonable price, really nice guy and lovely car.

Tempted but it involves driving to Manchester to collect, And it comes with Arch liners etc. OK Ill look into that, see if theres a place around here that will do it. fancy the side strips blue but the bullets silver/blue writing

Benn a while since ive updated thanks to work!

Started to colour code the car, did the door strips

s0AxPeK.jpg

qNvNYx1.jpg

H02irjS.jpg

Will be doing the front bumper strip this/next weekend hopefully. as for the back, im not sure wether to spray the plastic or to buy & spray a 172 bumper?

Gonna have a crack at restoring my headlights aswell as they are dire haha

work for BMW
Nice colour for a non sport , I'm thinking of doing something similar how ever with a white phase 2 1.2 if I ever find a good example!

Looking good mate.

​Headlights are dead easy. I did them on my astra and took about half an hour ish per side.

Cheers pal, fingers crossed they come out ok haha

Nice colour for a non sport , I'm thinking of doing something similar how ever with a white phase 2 1.2 if I ever find a good example!

Yeah i like it, different to all the black ones i see knocking about by me. Only ever seen 1 white ph2, and it was a clio van haha! dead low, looked alright

raked in a fair few hours last week so coilovers are on the cards to be ordered for this friday. Going Vmaxx as they seem to be reccomended for non-sports, will be checking my bolt spacing properly tonight (had a quick crack earlier but my man hands wouldnt fit behind the wheel :rasp:)

As for fitting them i dont really have a clue

Would it be best to ask a local garage to fit them? or is there someone on here that would help me fit them?

Also as for insurance, roughly how much have people been paying to have them added? will be ringing them tonight but just a guesstimate would be helpful

raked in a fair few hours last week so coilovers are on the cards to be ordered for this friday. Going Vmaxx as they seem to be reccomended for non-sports, will be checking my bolt spacing properly tonight (had a quick crack earlier but my man hands wouldnt fit behind the wheel :rasp:)

As for fitting them i dont really have a clue

Would it be best to ask a local garage to fit them? or is there someone on here that would help me fit them?

Also as for insurance, roughly how much have people been paying to have them added? will be ringing them tonight but just a guesstimate would be helpful

Mine went up by £18 when I added 'exterior changes' (admiral) not sure if age makes a difference, but I doubt it much different to add lowering since it's not engine enhancements.

Nice motor unusual to see this model in that color blue quite rare you should be proud :D

Haha cheers mate! i do like it! It was choice between this or a red clio extreme (i think). the red clio leaked all over the place & sounded like a bag of nails in a washing machine ticking over so i went home with this beauty :cool:

did my Headlights after work tonight, came out a treat!

4Z1oICM.jpg

Will post pic of the finished product up in the morning, too dark now :p

Looking good, the very first car I drove was a 1.2 8v in the same colour.
The headlight restoration has taken years off how old the car looks. I really need to get mine done.

Woa loving the difference , what process did you use to get them like that ?

Cheers pal! used a 3M headlight kit, only took hour and a half. Just gotta be extra carefull round the edged because even though i had a fair bit of masking tape on, i still caught the paintwork in places :(

Looking good, the very first car I drove was a 1.2 8v in the same colour.
The headlight restoration has taken years off how old the car looks. I really need to get mine done.

Yeah it looks 10x better now, the indicators blinded me the first time i unlocked it after haha

Little update as its friday:

Shocks and springs arrived!
5btcz5I.jpg

Also fitted some LED sidelights, i love how cool LED's lok haha :p
1GWiaZG.jpg

Me and the misses are givin the clio a goo dcleen/polish/detail tomorrow and then the shocks and springs go on sunday, cant wait :eek:

Gone and got it lowered today! Looks great :eek:

5egBSyv.jpg

2NIxxoF.jpg

eILLQ1G.jpg

VV5fEK1.jpg

GkV35VI.jpg

Couldnt be happier haha! got it done by a bloke who lived literaly 2 mins away, into clio's aswell, used to work for renault. Great guy, and his mk1 is gorgeous aha!

Wanna get some split rims to finish it of and maybe some spacers? seem to be alot of tuck

Really happy with it though :cool:

Dv5Ftpa.jpg

Ford Focus ST 2007
Its looking good man! Get the wheels sprayed, I just ordered the spoiler for mine (Same as yours) and going to get an RS grill soon :)

Its looking good man! Get the wheels sprayed, I just ordered the spoiler for mine (Same as yours) and going to get an RS grill soon :)

Was thinking of having them sprayed white awhile back but ive got my heart set on getting some fake splits (common as muck i know, but i love em) so theyre next on my list, after a cambelt change :)

Looking really good mate, will keep following this :)

Haha cheers man much appreciated :eek:

Got afew plans for this over the next fair few months (gotta pay for 2 holidays & next years insurance to think about) :)

-15" fake splits, polished silver
-cup/trophy spoiler & colour coding
-colour code the front strip
-find & match a 172 rear bumper
-182 front & back seats
- silvervisions for rear
- bluevisions for the front dipped

All i can think of at the moment, may think into getting a 182 steering wheel maybe? Also would love to get the paint corrected at some point as the swirls & scratches really let it down close up :(