ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting TDC sensor the 172

172 MKII FF
Hi,

I've just purchased a new TDC sensor and wiring and Reno quoted 1.5 hours at £70 an hour to fit it - I think I'll have a go myself.

So, the question is, how do I go about fitting it?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Follow this, you may just need to clean the TDC sensor rather than replace it.

Remove the airbox, then look in the space, its on the left, just above the gearbox. See the thread below for pictures. I've had the same thing, I did what this thread suggested, cleaned it up, its had a couple of little 'hiccups' since, but much better overall. You don't need to be too mechanically minded to do it also. ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...&highlight=tdc

172 MKII FF
Cheers for that.....I've cleaned it a few times and gradually the car starts to go back to how it was, I'll just replace it with the new TDC sensor.

Thing is, I'm not entirely sure how to as the wires are different apparently on the new ones. So if anyone has any instructions on how to fit the new one, that would be great.