ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 2 First Impressions?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I love all these Forza threads. Ahh...

Anyway, first impressions of the game thread. I played it for most of yesterday evening, along with Pro Evo 6 when my mate came round for his weekly thrashing.

I chose Asia as my Region - good or bad? Mainly because I wanted a better selection of Japanese motors from the off. First car, Mk1 Mazda RX7. Not the best of the bunch, but a good starter! The only thing I put on was an induction kit. Took 2 or 3 races to get to 1st place, spun the beast on my first go on the final lap! :eek:
I noticed along the way that I'd won a 1963 Nissan Fairlady, with a rarity of 8.5. Top notch, I'll sell it... but as its a reward car, I was offered 100CR of the 117,000CR valuation! :(
After a few competitions won in RX7, I decided to spray it deep metallic red, paint the hood black and put a better exhaust system on there. Looks tip top now :)
I also won a Lancia Delta Integrale, which is what I'm thrashing around in at the moment. It sounds superb with an Induction kit and exhaust when compared to standard :cool:
I unlocked a relationship with Porsche too, and the Carrera S certainly looks pretty!
I'm now saving for the 22B, which is unlocked at Level 15, and the Evo VIII MR, which is Level 10. Just need some money now! :evil:

Evo 8 Jap Crap
As your aware had my copy for quite some time now.

After a while you may start to find some of the races/tournaments easy once you have tuned your car up. Don't let this put you off it DOES get progressively harder after a while.

Ive just unlocked Level 20 which means all the professional races are now unlocked.

Its taken me the last 2 evenings just to win a jap tournament, i kept finishing 2nd in the heats and couldnt get past the Top Secret S15 drift car :dead: Managed to do them last night though and as a result was awarded the Top Secret Car :cool:

Best two mods you can do on your car:

Brakes - Upgrade them ASAP, especially if you have the assists turned off such as ABS.

Weight Reduction: Not only does your car go faster but you will have better braking ability. Makes a massive difference

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just bought my copy this morning!

So i'll be spamming away in here most of the day, waiting to get home at play it

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I started in the Europe region with a Mk5 Golf GTI... got quite a few cars now inc a 450bhp V6 and an Exige that struggles to stay on the road :p

Bout lvl 13 I think :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've been playing for maybe 2 hours I'd say, in total. How are you making all you're money? The races I'm doing are 1000CR for a win, and then 1500CR for the trophy and a reward car. Maybe I'm in the wrong Region :S
Unless I havent played it long enough? I have around 15000CR at the moment, too.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Have you turned all the driving aids off scutch? That increases the revenue you get for winning races :)

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Play the game on champion level and the rewards for winning races are a lot more.Im still loving my Mk2 Golf Gti 16v with 413bhp giving porsches a run for their money.Have won various cars including 4 race spec cars,Nissan R390f1,997 GT3RS and various classic porsches/jags,a few standard machines(civics/mx5's) and some special edition civics/evos.I find the game prety addictive(only got it yesterday).

Its better than GT4 as you can progress your car through different classes as appose to being stuck with stupidly tuned cars in basic categories as you get in GT4.I love the idea of tuning the cars up to take on quicker motors.Im destroying M3's and S4's in the Golf.The only car to give it a run for its money is a porsche Boxster S believe it or not,they seem to handle really well and get the power down quickly bottom end.My R32 sounds nice and The Integrale sounds lovely with the filter and exhaust done.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I started off with the Mini Cooper S, won a Honda Civic race car and have just won the Clio V6 which I'm going to tune this afternoon with my 40K I've won. :) Loving it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
F*ck you all with you're stacks of money! :rasp:

I really need to get out of the Proving Grounds... :eek:
I did wonder where all the money was to be had! Forgot all about the other comps!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Here's mine i done last week;

09f396c6-6422-44aa-b001-2bbb2af8617.jpg

01ca1c88-f178-49ce-b1b2-11105caeeb8.jpg

:cool:

TeZ

Non RS : (
All cars Press X, B, A, B(4), A, X, Up, Down(2), Left to unlock all cars. at main menu
that should u out boys

TeZ

im a cheater, thats it i cant be arsed to sit infront of it + i get all my games for free lol being in the games industry i couldnt care less

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
gameplay as good as the demo, but better than the demo with the extra cars, tuninig and modding, race tracks are more involving than the one in the demo.

TeZ

na its not sim at all imo, i think they needed to have upgraded the graphics there very poor

Last edited:

TeZ

yeah frame rate ent bad at all, but i havent played a multiplayer on live yet, any slow down? not even if u get some ppl from other countries?

No the graphics are not Great could have done alot better

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I actually think the graphics are a lot better than I expected, given the reviews and stuff slating them. I'm well happy.

I think if you're a perfectionist and look into every tiny detail, then you'll find flaws. I just want a playable, in depth game with good graphics and sound, and this certainly seems that way! :cool:

The cars handle and brake well, and I know for a fact a LOT of research has gone into it and how it all pans out.

Bit of a shame there's no in car camera view, but beggars cant be choosers!

TeZ

well not nocking it plays ace, but i cant wait for Motogp 2007 they are alwas the best racing games if car game were like this then they would all have great feeling and better "sim" gameplay

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I think the graphics and handling are fine, an in car view would have been nice as said, but I think its nice to have a driving game where it isn't difficult to drive well with an external view of the car, it also means you get to appreciate your individual car's look and sound more.

57 Clio Campus Sport
i always do better with in car view it seems to me like they could have made this game great but i feel like they havent bother trying