ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Demo should be out soon....

MY10 R35 GTR
not played gtr 2 yet but its better than gt legends.

PC sim are gona be hard to beat with a console game i reckon. But forza aitn far away

Lee

BMW M2C
IMO it doesn't compare. Live For Speed had lovely car dynamics and GTR 1 and 2 and GTL are pure sims.

Forza has enough sim for us car nerds and a strong enough arcade side for the mainstream.

not played gtr 2 yet but its better than gt legends.

PC sim are gona be hard to beat with a console game i reckon. But forza aitn far away

Yeah i agree that PC sims are gonna be hard to beat. I just wanted some idea of how it was going to play, as from my console experience, ive been awfull on driving games, whereas on the PC I', actually OK at them.

IMO it doesn't compare. Live For Speed had lovely car dynamics and GTR 1 and 2 and GTL are pure sims.

Forza has enough sim for us car nerds and a strong enough arcade side for the mainstream.

Ive always hoped for a game that has the physics of LFS, but with decent grapgics :D

MY10 R35 GTR
i can hold my own on PC games. Nascar 2003 online is very difficult. GTR 1 i love its a great game, sure its better with a steering wheel though.

The old GP2 with the 94 season cars and track is an all time classic

MY10 R35 GTR
not a fan of the time penaltys for sticking a wheel on the grass and accidently hittin someone. Should be only if u gain an advantage

Yaris Hybrid
Played it.

Is good with aids off but as I say they need to make the cars faster when used without aids. Otherwise if you start an online game with aids not allowed everyone just leaves to join a driving aids game.

Graphics were very good, better than GTHD if you ask me as there was a lot more detail. Didn't see any of these jaggies that people were moaning about. Love the 60fps, makes a huge difference.

AI was good too. Yes they can be slow mid turn but that is probably because the AI level is obviously set at a mid range level for the demo?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Played it.

Is good with aids off but as I say they need to make the cars faster when used without aids. Otherwise if you start an online game with aids not allowed everyone just leaves to join a driving aids game.

Graphics were very good, better than GTHD if you ask me as there was a lot more detail. Didn't see any of these jaggies that people were moaning about. Love the 60fps, makes a huge difference.

AI was good too. Yes they can be slow mid turn but that is probably because the AI level is obviously set at a mid range level for the demo?
how on earth could you notice the difference with it being 60fps, how could it be better, what do you have to compare it to?

60fps just makes it feel a lot smoother. Its more noticable on PC games though imo. On PC anyway, 30 fps is slightly choppy, whereas 60fps is pretty much constantly smooth.

dk

911 GTS Cab
no i understand that but i can't understand how you can see its better without anything to compare it against on this game, if there were two options then yes or if it had been changed from a previous demo but I can't see how it can be seen to be better without a comparison thats all?

Cliosport 172
Played it.

how on earth could you notice the difference with it being 60fps, how could it be better, what do you have to compare it to?

well i just chucked in the original forza and i believe thats 30fps? and switching back to the demo you can defo notice that it runs a lot smoother, when your going down a straight and look at the scenery it rolls past alot smoother. Which has to be down to more fps. You can defo tell the diffrence between varying frame rates for example when i play live for speed on my home pc it runs silly fps (90-100) but on my laptop the most it'll do is 30ish and you can see the difference.

dk

911 GTS Cab

well i just chucked in the original forza and i believe thats 30fps? and switching back to the demo you can defo notice that it runs a lot smoother, when your going down a straight and look at the scenery it rolls past alot smoother. Which has to be down to more fps. You can defo tell the diffrence between varying frame rates for example when i play live for speed on my home pc it runs silly fps (90-100) but on my laptop the most it'll do is 30ish and you can see the difference.
and that last example is what i am saying, as you pla the same game on two different computers you can tell the difference, but a different game well, the first forza is old now and on a different system so it can't really be compared IMO as things have moved on alot and even at the same FPS i bet the new one would look better and smoother etc.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I can't understand how people can tell!

Cliosport 172
yeah i agree fm2 would look better but if you ran both 1+2 at 30fps imo the smoothnes would be the same.
Bloody good game either way :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'll hopefully find out soon, its coming down slowly.

its on 80% after an hour so not long now

no i understand that but i can't understand how you can see its better without anything to compare it against on this game, if there were two options then yes or if it had been changed from a previous demo but I can't see how it can be seen to be better without a comparison thats all?

Sorry, my bad :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i'm impressed. Graphically its stunning, and love the various damage to cars and little touches like discs glowing.

GT what?

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm impressed. Graphically its stunning, and love the various damage to cars and little touches like discs glowing.

GT what?
lol, when i read in this thread about the amazing glowing discs i thought they meant the actual dvd's that it comes on would be glow in the dark or something!

Doh!