ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Demo should be out soon....

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
The M3 drifts nice with all driving aids off.Only 2 things im dissapointed with so far but they may have an option in game to change one of them....No in car view(which i like) and i cant change the speedo from kph to mph..:( .

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
The Sagaris is a full on drift machine.Just powerslided past a Gallardo through the last bend on the circuit(you only get 1 circuit).Porsche 997 handles well.Gallardo sounds lovely when your next to it(havent tried it yet to drive).Maclaren SLR is ok but should be a little quicker.

YOU GOTTA TURN OFF ALL AIDS FOR THE BETTER EFFECT,INCLUDING THE BRAKING POINTS DISPLAY.TURN EVERYTHING OFF.

Im off to try the last class then off to work.Hope this little bit of info has been of use and maybe teased you..lol.Im defo glad i preordered the game.

Chris

MY10 R35 GTR
change what i said earlier.

its awsome, just drove the 430 its great, feed the power on to fast u get a nice drift on. sounds sexual aswell!!!

replays arent great though

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i've not even played Forza before, so it'll be interesting, but IMO its not going to be difficult to beat PGR3 on sound. I've got Forza 2 on preorder.

MY10 R35 GTR
this is the first time ive played forza, all ive played is GT and PGR but it beats them both hands down!!!!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Put it this way, Gran Turismo 3 was fantastic. I then bought an xbox and Forza, and started playing it. Didnt really get into it. But the more I played it, the better it got. Its a fantastic game, and in my opinion was better than GT. Forza 2 looks amazing, and although PGR3 is good, the no damage and modification element spoils it for me. Banging off walls and other cars with no downfall. Also, the cars are FAR too shiny and showroom special.

Yaris Hybrid
I will check this out tonight. I found with the last one that the driving aids didn't penalise the user by slowing the car excessively like they did in say F1GP on the Amiga. So you really had nothing to gain from turning them off.

I hope this time it is setup so that driving aid users simply don't stand a chance of keeping up with those that have turned them off. I mean the auto gears for example should be setup so that it doesn't rev to max revs and stays in too high a gear on corners.

MY10 R35 GTR
im a GT freak but this is defo made methink!!! handlings better than gt. Its not a case of to much power wheel spin through all the gears.U can get a good wee drift and slide on.

also the brakes are real. in gt u just hit the brakes hop u stop, in this u have to feed em on or else u lock em up. aslong as the abs is off

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just played it most of my lunch hour and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure I prefer the handling over GT4, but then this is a racing game, and that's what counts.

I can't wait to get my hands on the full version now.

MY10 R35 GTR
lee, its been ages since i played gt 4. how do you compare the handling between the two???

Lee

BMW M2C
lee, its been ages since i played gt 4. how do you compare the handling between the two???

It's been ages since I've played it too, but I have played GT HD.

To me the cars feel a bit floaty light in Forza compared to GT4. In GT4 all the cars feel heavy and really pitch and roll under cornering, braking and acceleration.

The sound on the small Samsung LCD wasn't good either, but I'll reserve judgement on that until I've tried it out on a better system.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I think its gonna turn out to be a good game imo.This is just a demo and teaser at the moment,they may tweak a couple of things before full release.I thought the handling with ALL aids off made for a better game.I just hope that if you enter a race online then everyone should have to race in the same settings.

The FR class was good but i know im gonna be playing in the lower classes and tuning up cars and having fun with them.

Comparing it to GT4,i would say its similar in design but the handling and car sounds are totally different and a lot better.I think the tuning options that they seem to have for Forza 2 is gonna blow GT4 out of the water as all you seemed to do was lump loads of goodies on the car in GT4 and play around with gearing and tweak suspension a little.The option of changing the drive on the cars is gonna seal it for me.Im a racing game fan and have played most of the racing games and i think this will be up there with some of the top games.

TDU will always have the edge in my eyes for the difference in choosing to either race or just cruise around but Forza 2 will defo have a lot of people addicted.This is all imo of course but i thought i would share my thoughts on the demo.

MY10 R35 GTR
could u change the control layout on the old forza?

i loved GT4 but I just get the feeling even with the demo of forza theres a bit more to the driving side of things. eg locking brakes etc etc. I always felt with GT the cars all felt pretty similar and drifting in them was not easy at all. Forzs just the little bit more realistic.

I always though t get an out and out driver sim game you'd have to go the PC route. eg GP4 nascar 2003 there out and out sims for the die hard racer not a pick up play and wipe the floor job. Forza going by the demo is making that gape between PC and console very small

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
i really don't like the idea of having to tinker with every little thing to get a good car to race online with, i am the osrt of person who likes to just load the game up, and be playhing competitively within minutes, i haven't got hours to waste setting things up, i just want a good game.

Lee

BMW M2C
i really don't like the idea of having to tinker with every little thing to get a good car to race online with, i am the osrt of person who likes to just load the game up, and be playhing competitively within minutes, i haven't got hours to waste setting things up, i just want a good game.

You don't stand a chance of playing competitively online no matter what you do. ;)

Its ok fella, you will be able to download setups to use =]

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee, how long did it take for you to download at work? Mines been going since 11:30 and im only just on 65% :/

Started it at 10.10 (roughly) when it went up. It was down for around 12.30. It's going to be even slower now the yanks are downloading it too.

I knew I should have bought my hard drive to work with me.

Citroen DS3 DSport
So long as it is better than GT HD which has terrible car physics and very weak and unrealistic sound.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is this just a blast on the gaming aspect, or are other options available, such as modifications etc? Probably not eh?

MY10 R35 GTR
still worth a blast. hehehe

love the ferrari's and the mc12

the legacy is a good laugh to throw around

Lee

BMW M2C
Not that bad, but it does have a habit of braking a bit hard mid corner when you are right behind and sometimes shunting you up the rear when braking. Otherwise it's more than passable. Not massively different from the first game really.

Can't say ive played the first one tbh. Sorry for all the questions... But, how would you compare it to the PC sims, ie: Live For Speed, GTR2, GTLegends etc?