ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel consumption rs 200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
trust me mine gets death at times just like y.day on the way 2 the RS national meet and today and its showing 35

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
People quoting 30-odd mpg... wtf??

My 200 has done 2500 miles and is only ever driven by my pensioner-esque wife and even after an 80 mile motorway trip last week she still only gets 22mpg out of it. (according to the computer)

Its absolutely horrific on fuel for what it is, but like people have said, If I wanted fuel economy I wouldn't have bought one.

Suzuki Jimny
Whats wrong with someone wanting a fun quick hot hatch for the weekend blasts with the added benefit of getting decent returns on the mundane commute to work etc??
With the price of fuel these day's they're perfectly good traits to want in a car are they not?

Exactly this. I love getting 40mpg+ when commuting and then having fun on track :)

Only in your own head so therefore sad rather than annoying...

In my own head? OK so let's break it down then since you seem to want to discuss it properly. 50mpg from a 182 is not representative. It's not achievable in normal driving. It may be possible to average that at 55mph on a motorway for 30 miles, but in that case I bet it's very possible to get near 40mpg from a 200. I know this because I can average 38mpg in my car. Therefore my car is better on fuel than a 200? PMSL. MPG discussions are clearly for retards, and on that basis, I'm out.

Only in your own head so therefore sad rather than annoying...

In my own head? OK so let's break it down then since you seem to want to discuss it properly. 50mpg from a 182 is not representative. It's not achievable in normal driving. It may be possible to average that at 55mph on a motorway for 30 miles, but in that case I bet it's very possible to get near 40mpg from a 200. I know this because I can average 38mpg in my car. Therefore my car is better on fuel than a 200? PMSL. MPG discussions are clearly for retards, and on that basis, I'm out.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
In my own head? OK so let's break it down then since you seem to want to discuss it properly. 50mpg from a 182 is not representative. It's not achievable in normal driving. It may be possible to average that at 55mph on a motorway for 30 miles, but in that case I bet it's very possible to get near 40mpg from a 200. I know this because I can average 38mpg in my car. Therefore my car is better on fuel than a 200? PMSL. MPG discussions are clearly for poor people, and on that basis, I'm out.

edited for you.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

So MPG threads are for retards and yet here you are posting in it lol.

Love it how the superiority complex strikes again lol...

50mpg is far fetched without really trying but 40 is perfectly easy. What is so difficult for you to understand with the questions I raised in my 1st post in the thread? People have different reasons for buying all manor of cars, just because some people don't have the same reasons as your self does not make them retards.

I love how people like to quote worst case figures for the 197/200 and compare them to extreme figures from a 172/182. PMSL at 50mpg. I got 99mpg the other day for a hundred yards. Does that count?

Anyone getting 50mpg from a 182 should sell it to someone who wants it. I ran around 27 in my 182 but that's because I didn't keep resetting it and driving like an MPG r****d, trying to impress people with the numbers. The 197/200 is of course heavier on fuel, because it's a heavier car, but drive it like the 50mpg freaks, and I bet you could get 40 from it with the same driving.

We done?

i did once revels but it was at half2 in the morning so roads were clear and fk me was it boring i done 2ooish miles at 65 to acheive it but never again

Lol, it's not annoying, I just think your a bit of a prick with a superiority complex...

He is correct though, regardless of what you think of him.

If you're trying to squeeze 40 never mind 50mpg out of a 2.0 hot hatch you're in the wrong car, simple.

i did once revels but it was at half2 in the morning so roads were clear and fk me was it boring i done 2ooish miles at 65 to acheive it but never again

I can see the logic in that. No rush. Just calm and save the cash. Although I get bored and press on :eek:

But day-to-day, driving it like Doris just to get that 'magic' number a few higher just seems massively pointless.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

If you're trying to squeeze 40 never mind 50mpg out of a 2.0 petrol hot hatch you're in the wrong car, simple.

Rubbish!
25-30 is acceptable when I go out for a drive on the weekends but why would I want to do 25mpg on my commute to work everyday when I can do 35-40.

I can see the logic in that. No rush. Just calm and save the cash. Although I get bored and press on :eek:

But day-to-day, driving it like Doris just to get that 'magic' number a few higher just seems massively pointless.

yeah but as soon as a new focus RS come screaming past down in to 4th and chasing him down i went lol... i always get bored and hit the go peddle

Flame Red Delight
gotta love MPG threads, according to the official figures for the 200 they are 28mpg (not my words the official ones) with mixed driving in my 182 i realistically achieve around 35mpg, can achieve 40mpg on the motorway maybe slightly more, but more to the point.....

who gives a feck, its all about driving pleasure, dont buy a sporty car if you want good MPG simples, buy a diesel or shoot yourself or something

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
who gives a feck, its all about driving pleasure, dont buy a sporty car if you want good MPG simples, buy a diesel or shoot yourself or something

Where is the pleasure in sitting in slow moving traffic on the way to work? Snd whats to say people don't want a "sporty car" with good mpg?:S

Renaultsport 200
I did a massive bore drive recently in my 200. I had no intention of blasting down the motorway at anything other than 70 because it was 500 miles each way. I got 38mpg. Usually I get about 23 - 25. You can't get 40 real mpg's out of a 200 on a run without getting out and pushing, or taking 3 weeks to get to where you want to go by driving at 55.
I prefer the car at 23mpg. It means im using it like it was built for.

LY 200
Its not that bad if you're doing moving motorway/A road miles but in stop start traffic it eats up fuel for fun.

I get 350 to 400 miles at 33/34 mpg in the 197 using the best juice from BP.

If you want an RS and you're concerned by fuel .. buy a Ph1.

My Ph1 saw 40mpg easily, 45-50 when trying.

My Ph2's is between 30 & 35 (indicated) which isn't amazing as it's optimistic against my own mpg calculations.

This, almost the same for me.

Will probably see about 26mpg on a run to Scarborough tomorrow, but they are roads I tend to enjoy.

Clio 182

If you're trying to squeeze 40 never mind 50mpg out of a 2.0 hot hatch you're in the wrong car, simple.

He's clearly a c*nt, as is anyone trying to tell people how they should be driving their own frigging car!

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I have started cycling 4 miles to work lets me keep fit and save my fuel for weekend blasts.. If anything make me look forward to the weekend even more :cool: My 182 averaged about 28mpg (normal town driving) but in very economical driving I've had 41mpg.. Was really boring tho!

He's clearly a c*nt, as is anyone trying to tell people how they should be driving their own frigging car!

I am a c**t, you're correct. Just as sure as you're clearly full-r****d if you can't follow the topic of conversation without spitting your dummy out. Typical chip on the shoulder 172/182 owner these days TBH. Go back and read the thread, if it's not too difficult.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Where is the pleasure in sitting in slow moving traffic on the way to work? Snd whats to say people don't want a "sporty car" with good mpg?:S

They clearly don't... It's not like Porsche have just spent millions developing a hybrid supe, oh wait.

That's going to be $845,000 Roy, are the people that buy those all peasants too?
What about people that buy tesla's? Peasants? 335d? Peasants?

Not every fucker who doesn't want to waste fuel is some poverty stricken idiot who shouldn't be allowed to drive a fun car. Get down off your f**king high horse.

R26
They clearly don't... It's not like Porsche have just spent millions developing a hybrid supe, oh wait.

That's going to be $845,000 Roy, are the people that buy those all peasants too?

Not every fucker who doesn't want to waste fuel is some poverty stricken idiot who shouldn't be allowed to drive a fun car. Get down off your f**king high horse.

+1. Can't someone ban him, bit tedious now.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Unless you are averaging a constant 40mpg+ then these quotes of "I can get 45 on a run" are useless. What are you averaging over a tank? That figure is what you need to go by.

Golf 7R

Not every f**ker who doesn't want to waste fuel is some poverty stricken idiot who shouldn't be allowed to drive a fun car.

This.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.