ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GETTING RID OF MY TT 3.2 V6 FOR A CLIO SPORT 197 WITH CUP CHASSIS!!

renault clio sport 197
HI ALL
I AM NEW TO ALL THIS - BUT RECENTLY GOT ROUND TO CHANGING MY CAR - CURRENTLY DRIVE AN AUDI TT ROADSTER 3.2 V6 2 YEARS OLD AND WAS GOING TO GET A NEW ONE - RIDICULOUS PRICE AND DONT CARE MUCH FOR SHAPE!
TEST DROVE THE CLIO SPORT AND WAS AMAZED AT THE PRICE - GOT A RED ONE ON ORDER - WITH CUP CHASSIS. ANTHRACITE WHEELS ETC!!
CANT EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT AS I AM SO EXCITED! IS THIS NORMAL???!!!
P.S A BIT OF AN OLD BIRD BUT GOT TO HAVE MY SPORTY CARS

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
join the club. and i have a 5 yr old 172 cup cant wait to go play tomorrow as i have a day off

They do look good in red... come to think of it... they just look good in any colour! lol. Congrats :) put some pics up when it arrives.

*try typing a bit smaller! ;)

capslock.jpg

welcome!

C63 AMG
The TT is probably slower than the 197 in the real world. Well at least the world I drive in: North Wales, South Wales, The Lakes etc...

think you will be massively disappointed! A mate has just picked up a tt 3.2 and it immense! I was really impressed! Leagues ahead of the Clio in almost every way

ITB BG 182
Even as an old burd you should be able to sleep.
Teach a few things in bed should tire you out, need any help?

Welcome to cliosport also.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I must admit the TT 3.2 unit (think im right in asuming its the same R32 unit>?) Is a f**king rocket ship, extremley capable cars, not to be sniffed at no matter how much of a hairdresser people think you are!

I must admit the TT 3.2 unit (think im right in asuming its the same R32 unit>?) Is a f**king rocket ship, extremley capable cars, not to be sniffed at no matter how much of a hairdresser people think you are!

yeah your right, and the interior is brilliant! The noise is better aswell, tbh I can't see why someone would want a Clio over it, apart from the image

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I dont know about getting in and out of it though that limited edition version (red+black) Is an absolute b**ch to get in and out of!

renault clio sport 197
thats what i love about these forums!!
P*SS TAKERS!!
i always type with caps lock on but will bow to clio pressure and reduce my letters.
yes the tt is quite good but at twice the price not that good! plus everybody has a tt around here and nobody has got this yet - must live amongst a lot of hairdressers and beauty therapists - i'm neither.
the car is nearly 3 years old and the way i have thrashed it i dont think that it will be long before i have to have repair work - the tt had to have a new cat converter after 1000 miles so dont trust her too much!

often up and down the m1 between junctions 15 and 25 - will post a piccie when i get her !!

look forward to my clio days!!
:evil:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
P*SS TAKERS!!
i always type with caps lock on but will bow to clio pressure and reduce my letters.
yes the tt is quite good but at twice the price not that good! plus everybody has a tt around here and nobody has got this yet - must live amongst a lot of hairdressers and beauty therapists - i'm neither.
the car is nearly 3 years old and the way i have thrashed it i dont think that it will be long before i have to have repair work - the tt had to have a new cat converter after 1000 miles so dont trust her too much!

often up and down the m1 between junctions 15 and 25 - will post a piccie when i get her !!

No faith in the build quality of Audi?

Your going to love the Renault, you will be on first name terms with the mechanics just shortly love:rasp:

Enjoy!

renault clio sport 197
love the audi just think i have one of the rare dodgy ones!
i'm only gonna be keeping the clio for a year or so anyway.
how come this forum is full of people who sl*g the clio off?
or have you just been on here too long and become cynical??!!;)

Snatch with DIY mods.

My 225TTC was great. And build quality is superb bit like you though i used it properly and i put 90000 on it from new. it was a timebomb so i let it go. I got a nice 04 ff182 and had a few grand left over. good luck with you new clio

White 197
Welcome to the forum.

We swapped a bmw 330d for our first 197, we were very impressed withe build of the renault and in 8k miles it never had a trip to the dealer.

The second 197, hasn't been quite so lucky but is still miles better than a Z4 coupe we had which was off the road for an age.

Welcome to the forum...

The only clio i **** off is the one ur getting lol
I think the 197 looks awful and i would never no matter how
battered your audi was would swap one for a 197 but good luck anyway

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
I rly want a quick clio now and not my 1.2! I hate bein 18! Anyway, enjoy the 197, im a TT fan myself but im sure u will luuuuuuuuv the clio!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

We are not always half empty you just have to expect the relalistic reality that although Renault do build great fast little cars, they just dont build them like Honda or Mazda!

Ive got a 7 year old Phase one and whilst it runs like a swiss watch i know that in order to keep it that way the maintenance will be higher than that of another more "reliable car"

Welcome btw;)

renault clio sport 197
that's better!! some nice people!
yes i have a fab sense of humour - bit dry at times though!
like i said before this car is costing me 14100 through new-car discount or i could have the new tt at around £30k - its a no brainer.
did consider the honda civic and mazda rx8 but i like small cars and this one just suits me .
john182rs - no you cant!!
mells - will post pics of the car when i get it - hopefully 2 weeks
catherine j - my friend has a z4m coupe and whilst it looks the dogs - its a total wast of car as she cant drive it!!
the good thing about being older is that your insurance is cheaper. thank god
anyway hi to you all and thanks for taking the time to respond

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Quality thread - must qualify for the "Post of The Week"? :)

Anyone who can see past the marketing bollox of VW/Audi and ditch one of its products in favour of a quick-ish Clio, definitely gets my thumbs-up.

Well done. A LOT of people would be scared or embarrassed to do the same.

Good choice - and welcome to CS!

D.

renault clio sport 197
cheers darren s
was beginning to think that i'd fooked up!!
i love the clio - and even though i love audis - i'm not wasting an extra 16k on one!
an old bird needs to save up for plastic surgery! lol
thanks very much to all - by the way suggestion you young ones on what i need to add to this to make it the 'boll**ks??

Astra Twintop
define "young ones"

of course, this could depend on how "old" you class yourself :)

(im 22, so not young i think!)

Snatch with DIY mods.
cheers darren s
was beginning to think that i'd fooked up!!
i love the clio - and even though i love audis - i'm not wasting an extra 16k on one!
an old bird needs to save up for plastic surgery! lol
thanks very much to all - by the way suggestion you young ones on what i need to add to this to make it the 'boll**ks??

Snap if your 37. thats not old. 40 is the new 30 so ive heard. keep it standard in my opinion. But then im OLDSKOOL:eek:

renault clio sport 197
K66 GJC
not young at 22 - sweetheart!!
young to me is under 25 at least!
Danny 172
you've got a dry sense of humour - like it!!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
P*SS TAKERS!!

No faith in the build quality of Audi?

Your going to love the Renault, you will be on first name terms with the mechanics just shortly love:rasp:

Enjoy!

The good news is the 197 is a step forward from the 1*2s, its fix while you wait instead of booking it in for multiple days and driving about in 1.2 courtesy cars ;)

I have had my 197 for a month and put nearly 1500 miles on it already :eek: It is without a doubt a brilliant and fun car to drive and so far, with exception to needing some lube on the recaro's its hassle free. I dont think it'll ever be at the same build quality as Audi but it is very well put together for a french car.