ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GETTING RID OF MY TT 3.2 V6 FOR A CLIO SPORT 197 WITH CUP CHASSIS!!

Glacier White 200
Hey princess this forum is terrible for slagging off the Clio 197. It mainly comes from owners of older Clio models.

I'll let you work that out for yourself ;0)

I have an R27 which a similar spec to yours.

I promise you the car you have bought will make you smile from ear to ear! Give her time to run in as she gets better and better with age. Make sure you feed her a good diet of V-Power fuel.

You should also sign up to www.clio197.net as there are lots of grown up people there who love to chat about their 197's!!

Have fun!

Grown up people? As opose to the 4 year old's that are running 172/182's on here like?

Sorry would you like me to call you sir?

Who said anything about 4 year olds? I'd prefer you didn't call me anything as I'm a girl.

I have nothing to say to you.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So you did put your thong on the wrong way this morning, settle yourself down to a riot, sarcasm is the norm on here!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I knew there was a sense of humor under there lol

Sorry about the sir it was very presumptuous of me to assume you were male!

renault clio sport 197
Totally and utterly chuffed off this morning with Renault - and I havent even got the car yet.
car ordered 1st week in april - 6 wk lead time.
Now they have said 28th june at earliest prob 1st week in july !!!

will have gone right off the idea by then!
anyone know where i can get a red 197 with cup chassis - any demos out there??
want to tell this guy to stick the car up his ar*e :mad:

renault clio sport 197
i agree with you wuffin
i can have the new tt fully spammed - but no shoes handbags dresses etc!! lol -no point having a nice car and driving around with the roof off looking like a dog!

so bring on the 197!

p.s only joking re shoes bags etc well sort of!!

Something doesn't quite gel here.

A woman being both sensible (ditching the TT) and practical (having money to spend) at the same time?? :clown:

D.
ha - ha!!
women are practical!
I used to work in a bank as a debt manager and you guys & your 'little' cars are the worst for having no money to spend!!!:rasp:

Suzuki Swift Sport
No faith in the build quality of Audi?

Your going to love the Renault, you will be on first name terms with the mechanics just shortly love:rasp:

Enjoy!

The good news is the 197 is a step forward from the 1*2s, its fix while you wait instead of booking it in for multiple days and driving about in 1.2 courtesy cars ;)

I have had my 197 for a month and put nearly 1500 miles on it already :eek: It is without a doubt a brilliant and fun car to drive and so far, with exception to needing some lube on the recaro's its hassle free. I dont think it'll ever be at the same build quality as Audi but it is very well put together for a french car.

I agree completely, i drove my dads 3.2 DSG TT, very nice it was, but it wasnt as good as the clio in my opinion if you like driving! He sold the tt for a 987 boxster s, which he has now sold due to him liking the R27 more!

Ive had various hot hatches including a 172, cooper s and an elise s. Definately would say the 197 is the best car ive had!

As for reliability, any new car can have problems! its just luck in my opinion whether you get a good one or not!

Enjoy the 197! im sure you wont be disappointed!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
An audi tt to a clio 197 you just wouldnt would ya? lol

at the moment - no i blo**dy wouldnt

You dont sound like a happy bunny your high-ness.

Perhaps you should consider a pre-owned clio, the depreciation on Renaults is atrocious, never would i buy a new one, soon as you sit your arse in the seat and drive away you can expect to lose £750-£1000 from it straight away.....

:rasp:

renault clio sport 197

Perhaps you should consider a pre-owned clio, the depreciation on Renaults is atrocious, never would i buy a new one, soon as you sit your arse in the seat and drive away you can expect to lose £750-£1000 from it straight away.....

no i'm not a happy bunny!
the reason i went for a new one is i cant get the spec i want on a second hand one.
also i thought i'd got a quite good deal for a new one, and royalty doesnt really like second hand - lol
want a red one with cup chassis and the anthracite wheels - extra tint on windows etc
what price do you think is good ?
> and dont take the pi**

id be goin going back the the garage and demanding they got me my car sooner then what they are saying else you be canceling.......put money on it you'd have your car soon

306 GTI-6
The good news is the 197 is a step forward from the 1*2s, its fix while you wait instead of booking it in for multiple days and driving about in 1.2 courtesy cars ;)

I have had my 197 for a month and put nearly 1500 miles on it already :eek: It is without a doubt a brilliant and fun car to drive and so far, with exception to needing some lube on the recaro's its hassle free. I dont think it'll ever be at the same build quality as Audi but it is very well put together for a french car.

were you too fat to fit in them or something? ;)

Snatch with DIY mods.

it's the same with any car. Except an audi R8 at the moment! im not prepared to say exactly how much i lost on my Range Rover sport in 18 months.but needless to say i could have bought a nice 197 with it:mad:

i WILL never buy new again.

Having now owned both a clio and an audi there is no competetion on build quality. Ive had some of the best cars around and the Audi still is one of the better built cars on the road.

renault clio sport 197

it's the same with any car. Except an audi R8 at the moment! im not prepared to say exactly how much i lost on my Range Rover sport in 18 months.but needless to say i could have bought a nice 197 with it:mad:

Having now owned both a clio and an audi there is no competetion on build quality. Ive had some of the best cars around and the Audi still is one of the better built cars on the road.

i only buy new if it is going to cost me less than garages are shwoing them second hand - normally buy 6 -12mths old .
i am am buying from newcar discount.com - have spoken to my local renault dealer who says with the spec i want it would take them just as long!
at least i get to enjoy this nice weather with the tt!

Snatch with DIY mods.

i only buy new if it is going to cost me less than garages are shwoing them second hand - normally buy 6 -12mths old .
i am am buying from newcar discount.com - have spoken to my local renault dealer who says with the spec i want it would take them just as long!

Yeah nice to have a ragtop this time of year. 6-12 months old is the best way i think. My aston was a year old and i saved a fortune over new. the Range rover was the only big mistake ive ever made with cars. Was a lovely drive though. Now they are like a clitoris as every c**t has one.

Great sound though when the supercharger kicks in:rasp:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I was talking about on the whole!

If you buy new then your buttoned up the back IMO, car depreciation is shocking and its only getting worse supply is far overtaking demand and the economy cant cope, used cars are getting cheaper and new cars are getting dearer....

Call me half empty or half full, i got what i wanted, and i got it cheap lol

renault clio sport 197

Yeah nice to have a ragtop this time of year. 6-12 months old is the best way i think. My aston was a year old and i saved a fortune over new. the Range rover was the only big mistake ive ever made with cars. Was a lovely drive though. Now they are like a clitoris as every c**t has one.

Great sound though when the supercharger kicks in:rasp:

very funny lol!! thats how i feel about the tt.
i havent seen a 197 with the cup chassis and wheels around here yet and i do keep looking!
gonna keep this a year or so ( when i bl**dy get it) and then see how it goes
thanks for all your responses anyway
cheers sharon

197 FF + 370bhp Cupa K1

I remember your car was due 2 weeks before mine, I had the cup set up too and other options. I am picking mine up on Friday from the Renault dealer that is only about 6 miles from you. I ended up paying £125 more for it than I could get it online but they have hounded renault for it and called me constantly with updates. So far, so good. It could all go nips up if I get a shite one on friday though! :quiet:

renault clio sport 197

I remember your car was due 2 weeks before mine, I had the cup set up too and other options. I am picking mine up on Friday from the Renault dealer that is only about 6 miles from you. I ended up paying £125 more for it than I could get it online but they have hounded renault for it and called me constantly with updates. So far, so good. It could all go nips up if I get a s**te one on friday though! :quiet:
have you got it yet??
which dealer did you use? tried evans leicester and they were useless - never got back to me - left me waiting in reception for 45mins when i went for a test drive!!

mines gone all t*ts up big style!!!
the car company has gone into administration lol:)
I have been so lucky that I used my credit card and only paid a deposit - refused to pay for any more till i saw the car - have been reading the forum on money supermarket and some poor sods have lost everything! their deposit, cash balance up to 14k and their part ex!!
looks like i'm stuck with the tt for a while

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I remember your car was due 2 weeks before mine, I had the cup set up too and other options. I am picking mine up on Friday from the Renault dealer that is only about 6 miles from you. I ended up paying £125 more for it than I could get it online but they have hounded renault for it and called me constantly with updates. So far, so good. It could all go nips up if I get a s**te one on friday though! :quiet:
have you got it yet??
which dealer did you use? tried evans leicester and they were useless - never got back to me - left me waiting in reception for 45mins when i went for a test drive!!

I have been so lucky that I used my credit card and only paid a deposit - refused to pay for any more till i saw the car - have been reading the forum on money supermarket and some poor sods have lost everything! their deposit, cash balance up to 14k and their part ex!!

See to be honest, if i were you id buy a pre-owned model. I know women like it all shiny and new out the wrapper, thats all fine and dandy. Buy it off someone who has had the fun of listening to some salesman tosser who knows f**k all about cars and even less about when itll arrive, thus meaning you bypass the hastle, you get it cheaper and you know your getting it as soon as you hand over the benjamins. :rasp:

Its a winner.:cool:

renault clio sport 197
have you got it yet??

See to be honest, if i were you id buy a pre-owned model. I know women like it all shiny and new out the wrapper, thats all fine and dandy. Buy it off someone who has had the fun of listening to some salesman tosser who knows f**k all about cars and even less about when itll arrive, thus meaning you bypass the hastle, you get it cheaper and you know your getting it as soon as you hand over the benjamins. :rasp:

i quite like listening to those salesmen tossers - entertains me!!
worked in sales a long time ago and love it when they try to bull*hit me .
my fave story to date was when my hubby test drove the new mondeo (he travels 150 miles a day - needs must!) the rep was harping on about the new safety features that ford had worked on, when my 6yr old pulled his seat belt fixings clean out of the back seat!
didnt seem to have much to say after that!

i have no probs with buying second hand - but cant find the spec i want!!!
as i said if someone knows of one in their area - let me know
WUFFIN - ready to sell yours yet???;)

197 FF + 370bhp Cupa K1

my fave story to date was when my hubby test drove the new mondeo (he travels 150 miles a day - needs must!) the rep was harping on about the new safety features that ford had worked on, when my 6yr old pulled his seat belt fixings clean out of the back seat!

Yes I have got it, I have had it a week so not sure I am ready to sell it yet, but maybe. I would be happy to come and show you if you want, Im only a couple of miles away. If you want to make me an offer then I would be happy to listen. I won't include the plate though. I have some stuff Im sure you would be interested in for the TT too, if you decide to keep it.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/wuffin_2008/PICT0003.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/wuffin_2008/Photo-0055.jpg

renault clio sport 197

Yes I have got it, I have had it a week so not sure I am ready to sell it yet, but maybe. I would be happy to come and show you if you want, Im only a couple of miles away. If you want to make me an offer then I would be happy to listen. I won't include the plate though. I have some stuff Im sure you would be interested in for the TT too, if you decide to keep it.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/wuffin_2008/PICT0003.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/wuffin_2008/Photo-0055.jpg

hi wuffin

have got a couple of personalised plates at the mo - both on retention!

really dont know what to do - tt needs first mot and a service at end of june or swap before real quick??

have looked at mazda rx8, honda civic type r nissan 350z etc etc
but to be honest they dont excite me and i'm back to square one spendng a fortune on a car - i know they are all nice cars - but would rather stick with what i've got than swap for something i dont love!
did you get yours from evans then??
got my heart set on a red one

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

http://www.new-car-discount.com/

^^ Them? ^^

Black Gold with cup packs
I must admit the TT 3.2 unit (think im right in asuming its the same R32 unit>?) Is a f**king rocket ship, extremley capable cars, not to be sniffed at no matter how much of a hairdresser people think you are!

yeah your right, and the interior is brilliant! The noise is better aswell, tbh I can't see why someone would want a Clio over it, apart from the image

205bhp in a unit weighing under a ton! Thats why we want it!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
For the money i think the Focus RS would be a better choice

Not a fan of these!

Its definatley a love/hate with the RS, The reason i suggest it is that if you look at over all performance, re-sale value its a better car all round in my opinion. Its a drivers car, dura-tec's will run to the hilt of punishment.

What can you expect of your 197's in 4/5 years? 6k cheaper and high maintenance bills. Parting with big cash? Id shop about and keep my options open.