ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a mac today.

Fiat Panda 100hp
A mac book, and like it so far, but is there a way to make the seach bar appear with the press of a button?

and are there any vids online that show the basics, like spaces and stacks etc? This whole mac thing is very new and would like to learn how to use it.

Got the thumbs up so far though.

B

Brown.

Hey Hey Brother i got one today too :).... supurb bit of kit ....

B

Brown.

Yeah in the half day i have hd this i can see why they are iconic... just the speed of application is balistic.....as i said on the other thread 9 gig of photos insantly viewable..... i did a batch rotate of around 450 images, nion instantly....my old windows lappy took around 2mins to do 100

Fiat Panda 100hp
Yer its nice to use etc. But as said just need to get use to the OS, I am pretty much an expert on XP and it feels s**t not knowing anything about this OS :( Sure I will be conveted as soon as I get to know my way around etc.

O yer, and is there a way to turn off all these animations? Rather not have the animated openings etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You'll get the hang of the new OS in no time. I'll not go back to a Windows machine again.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Here's a cool one. Ctrl+Command+D over a word and it looks it up in the dictionary. Try it in any cocoa application.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
wowsers what a cool shortcut........

I use pc in work, we just spent £2.5k per new machine....1 week old and the thing has crashed 8 times!!!!
I even write down every crash.
My imac has crashed twice in 11 months.........beat that Mr PC owner

If it's crashed 8 times in a week, then something is broke like driver incompatability, dodgy RAM, dodgy PSU etc.

Windows doesn't just crash, and when it does, it's always down to a dodgy driver or dodgy hardware.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Thanks for the replys peeps, but as above, anyone know how to turn this animation off? really annoying me. in windows its just performance and set to best performance mode.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Thanks for the replys peeps, but as above, anyone know how to turn this animation off? really annoying me. in windows its just performance and set to best performance mode.

What animation?!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Are you on about the window opening and closing effect?

if so, start terminal, then type:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder DisableAllAnimations -bool YES

Log out and back in again (or relaunch the finder process).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
and fwiw, it won't make any difference to performance as it's offloaded to the graphics card anyway.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Code:
 defaults write com.apple.finder DisableAllAnimations -bool NO

will revert it back to standard.

Yes, that tinker tool looks like it does the same, it's just a "gui" on the command (and more) that I posted before.

Black 172 FF
My job is to support macs but i still use a pc mainly lol :)

I have a Powerbook G4 and a Brand New MacBook running OSX Server.. :cool:

Black 172 FF
No idea i always come home and just pick up the PC runnin XP rather than the macbook or powerbook...

For someone that works for a Apple Retailer.. and supports apple its wierd!!

I always think i should use mac more tbh...