ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my K850i

Mini Cooper S sport
i can't understand why people are so keen on this phone, it looks boring, looks like any other phone, fine it has a good camera.....but why bother upgrading to this now and keeping yourself in a contract for another 12 months, when in like a couple of months, you're going to have the iphone the new 8gig sony erik, the nokia n95 8 gig.... just seems like such a waste of an upgrade, still each to their own.

Yeah but you can always say that!

There'll always be something better just around the corner, whatever phone you get.

The k850i does everything I want, I didn't use half the functions on the N80.

I wouldn't want an iPhone and I don't need a phone with masses of memory.

Skoda Fabia vRS
whats the story with the colours ?

do you have to pick green or blue, or can every phone do both colours ?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Few things I've noticed :

1. I left the scratch resistant covers on for as long as possible, to avoid scratching the phone. They've now peeled off themselves.
2. The 5mp camera is superb.
3. The video playback from files I've transfered from my w900i are amazing. Full Landscape and no quality loss at all. It plays youtube clips I've saved for mobile brilliantly, where my W900i would suffer with colour loss and stutter slightly.
4. The touch sensitive pads under the screen are just that, ie quite sensitive and take a bit of getting accustomed to. But they're quite clever with it and remove a bit of the clutter from the look of the phone.
5. The buttons are quite fiddly and small, but again, you get use to them.
6. Camera is good in that its like a Cybershot. There's now an on/off button on the side of the phone to switch camera on/off, and a slider bar to select camera/video/playback of files.
7. There is no manual shutter for the lense. Its all automatic and takes place behind a glass protected screen. I dont know why SE have done this. The screen gets smudged easily from fingers, and will no doubt scratch too, making pictures blurry etc. The glass is very easily wiped clean, though, but it would have been nicer having a plastic shutter, even on top of the glass screen protecting the lense.
8. 512MB of memory comes with the phone on a MicroSD card. The phone itself has 32MB of memory. I've since ordered a 2GB Sony MicroSD card from Amazon for around £15 complete with adapter for the laptop, as I didnt get one with the phone.
9. It does everything and more my W900i did, only better. Its not as bulky and looks tidy too.
10. Its the best phone I've owned.

F82 M4
Im due an upgrade very soon. I currently own the k800 so would this be a good choice? I think I fancy something abit... different

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah JJ, it certainly is. But its definitely not smudge and fingerprint proof :dapprove:

Cheers for the website link, too. Shame most of the game links are now broken. Really need some decent games and themes for it. Top phone :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah its a top site that Tom. Cheers. I was using www.minig.co.uk forums for the games. Odd that the games subforum isnt displayed, but searching for Sonic brings it up under K/W series.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently with Orange and due an upgrade or ending my policy. At the mo i'm on a 12 month contract, 500 txts, 500 mins, free insurance for £25 a month.

Just phoned O2. They can give me 400 mins with a 1000 txts for £30 a month on a 18 month contract. I think this is their standard deal?

Are O2 any good?

Lou

I'm currently with Orange and due an upgrade or ending my policy. At the mo i'm on a 12 month contract, 500 txts, 500 mins, free insurance for £25 a month.

Just phoned O2. They can give me 400 mins with a 1000 txts for £30 a month on a 18 month contract. I think this is their standard deal?

Are O2 any good?

Yup, I've been with o2 for 6yrs now! Never had a problem!!

Lou

Mine has came!! One word describes it so far - Weird!! Gonna take a while to get used to!!

I've just spoken to o2 and even though I'm not due a new handset until december I'm getting one now and FOC because my bills are so high each month :eek:

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
are the buttons underneath the screen that replace the joystick easier to use than the joystick?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
won't get mine until march :(

does the camera actually look like 5mp? because my mate's samsung and nokia with the 5mp don't look as good as my 3.2mp on my k800

RB 182
mine came today, smart little phone altho i had an xda b4 so i still keep tryin press the screen to no avail. tis a pain in the arse to keep clean but cameras amazin on it for a phone. menu buttons are a nice touch

Skoda Fabia vRS
anyone know about the colour thing ???

does every phone have the choice of the backlight being green or blue or do you have to pick ?

Banana
Can you stream video from this phone right onto your telly?
I'm due an upgrade and cant decide on this or the N95.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just bought a 2GB Sony MicroSD stick from Amazon. £15.
The 512MB one with the phone is spot on, but I like to have more just incase.

The main problem with the phone, to be honest, is smudging on the camera glass (not the lens, as its protected by said glass).
Its easily wiped, but you cant help but finger it when using the phone to text etc.

Top mobile, though :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh and one more thing, the battery life is superb! Since I charged mine for a few hours on the first day, I havent needed to charge it again since. Tip top.

Mini Cooper S sport
Yes, it beats the battery life on my Nokia hands down. I've charged it already (although didn't when I got it) but I've been playing with it a LOT and used the torch on it for ages on Saturday night.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yes, it beats the battery life on my Nokia hands down. I've charged it already (although didn't when I got it) but I've been playing with it a LOT and used the torch on it for ages on Saturday night.

Oh aye? Been in a few holes with it have you? Pah. Piccies?

Mini Cooper S sport
I was on Spitbank Fort in the middle of the Solent:

spitbank2.jpg

m05.gif

If you go down those steps it's like a dungeon with loads of rooms, and there is a narrow passage which runs all the way around the outside wall - but it's pitch black! Was good fun.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Very nice! :cool:

Did the torch do its job well? I've been viewing vid clips and taking pics etc and the battery has hardly budged at all :)

'18 Megane dci
Looks like an excellent phone, i'll stick with my Nokia 5110 for now though, hasn't failed me yet. :)

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

Are O2 any good?

--------------

any chance of telling us you got this deal? as i dont see it listed on the o2 site and ive tried and tried to haggle on the phone with them to no avail , got my phone the day and i ended up with 500mins / 100 txt for £30 they wouldnt budge unless i was going to pay money for the phone .