ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my K850i

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
also those 2 web links with the free themes posted on this thread dont list any for the k850i?

or am i just blind and not looking hard enough ?

Nippy white cup
Mine is due next week. Rang o2 for my upgrade and got free phone with £30 contract for 12months...canny wait!

Golf R soon...
Could I trouble somone to take some pictures of one for me, PLLLEAAASSSEEE! :rasp:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Got mine last week, but it developed a software fault ("operation failed" trying to access applications & games) so had a replacement sent out yesterday. So far so good for this one, really happy with it :)

does anyone know if there's a way of reducing the text size, i would rather have it smaller so i can get more on the screen. Oh and on previous models you could press the volume button on the main screen to show the phone status... it doesnt appear to be there on the k850i?

I'm currently with Orange and due an upgrade or ending my policy. At the mo i'm on a 12 month contract, 500 txts, 500 mins, free insurance for £25 a month.

Just phoned O2. They can give me 400 mins with a 1000 txts for £30 a month on a 18 month contract. I think this is their standard deal?

Are O2 any good?

--------------

any chance of telling us you got this deal? as i dont see it listed on the o2 site and ive tried and tried to haggle on the phone with them to no avail , got my phone the day and i ended up with 500mins / 100 txt for £30 they wouldnt budge unless i was going to pay money for the phone .

on tariifs under 18months, online 30 texter ^^ as above.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I got my K850i today and unfortunately the touch pads dont work. Everything else is fine...

Anyone else had this problem?

O2 will be exchanging it on Friday which I didnt think was too bad service...

mine seems to be working perfectly...

the phone is bigger then i imagined. seems squarer on the edges and generally bigger than my W810i which i still have, and might go back to using.

Anyone else keep pressing number 2 when navigating the menus instead of the middle touch button? I think its because its inside the nav panel, my finger just seems drawn to it! lol

Mini Cooper S sport
Very nice! :cool:

Did the torch do its job well? I've been viewing vid clips and taking pics etc and the battery has hardly budged at all :)

The torch is excellent!

Could I trouble somone to take some pictures of one for me, PLLLEAAASSSEEE! :rasp:

Looks like this:

Sony%20Ericsson%20K850i.JPG

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Can anyone upload some pics that they taken with the phone so we can see the pic quality?

cheers

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The screen is proper scratch resistant so you shouldnt really need a protector unless you're going hardcore.

It does take some getting used to, yes. But once its second nature its a quality phone. Well chuffed with it :)

a few quick pics, taken just a minute ago.

Resized using windows image resizer powertoy (not the best for retaining quality) taken on 5mp, each roughly 1.5Mb before being resized. Ive got s**t lighting in my room too.

click for 1024x768

DSC00011Large.gif

DSC00015Large.gif

Valver
The one I saw in the 02 shop had a built in camera lens shutter? Im sure some1 said theirs didn't have 1 :S

has anyone worked out how to take it apart yet? or found one of those website's with instructions?

I would like to change mine to black/green.

Mini Cooper S sport
Hah!

I know it's a few pages on from this but just had to post a lol or something!

bad experience?

Oh well, too late now, they have my PAC and I'm not sending the phone back! Several people at work have recommended O2, I've had more positive feedback than negative. It can't possibly be worse than my one nightmare year with Vodafone which sent me straight back to Orange!

I need to experiment more with the camera, but the night pics are SO much better than my N80, the xenon flash is ace. That's one thing I really wanted it for, so I don't have to take a camera on nights out.

106 GTi
First mobile was on BT Cellnet in 95, followed a year with Orange whenever they did there Everyday 50 contract but after crap signal soon went back to O2 - no problems here either.