ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy@Hayward&Scott(Custom Exhaust)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yeah its ok if your car is standard but with exhaust&filter you at least expect to get something extra. :cry:

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Just got back from h&s.
Got to say im well chuffed.
Exhaust is all sorted, sounds the boll*cks ;)
Ian&the guys down there did a great job&i recommend if you want an exhaust on your car you go to them!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

basically it was too quiet! lol. Also id had a loss of power so after discussing my options a complete new exhaust was fitted with two&half inch bore to replace the two inch from the start. Also the pipe now runs well clear of the rear axle which was knocking slightly before as well. But ive been up to London tonight to give it a good run out&im pleased to say that i love it.
It comes to something when you draw attention to yourself&the surprise on people faces when the loud noise is coming from just a clio when they expect it to be something alot bigger ;)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Just to update if anyone else is still interested in gettin a system sorted out then get in contact with me.
Its truely awesome- mine is just sounding out of this world ;)

MGP W02

Ok have mailed steve the vid! James, that clip of your new system you sent me Fookin bumps! cant wait to hear it at RTOC

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

My crap quality phone you mean! lol
Its much better INSIDE the car.
Need to get a recording done properly.

Had one built for my Saab Turbo about 3 years ago (downpipe back) Instant power increase, and wonderful sound, nice and rumbly through town at low revs, but wailed like a banshee when revving it hard. Turbo lag eliminated completely. Absolutely beautifully made, with some real expertise.

Plus it dId away with the cat with a bypass pipe. Come MOT time, just swap them over.

And the price is very good-system will last for years, and always put a smile on your face. Why go to Kwik Fit when your standard system goes-spend the (very little) extra and get a proper exhaust

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Ive left my cat on for now. Just had it m.o.t done but havent really thought about taking the cat off! It would be over the top sound wise if i did i reckon, would just push it too far. lol
Ok i know it took a second attept to get it right but its the difference between two people idea of LOUD!
But ive got to say after all said and done id recommend them to ANYONE.
u wait till RTOC!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
  Mondeo STTDCI

FINALLY HAD A CHANCE! to catch up on this thread. Right thank heaven for small mercies mine doesnt melt anything.....a 400 mile trip yesterday proved that for me once and for all.

BUT I have been told it moves around a lot....and just recently it sounds a though it may be catching/knocking something.....any ideas?

182WRC got your texts earlier today mate have u got a pic of this extra bracket? I might need to go down there as discussed!

MGP W02

Even with the bracket mine still moves a bit, much better than it melting though. Dave - am not back in the UK till monday but i will upload you one, if steve hasnt posted a pic by then.

I am a bit worried... because jphs original exhaust had a 2" centre bore does this mean mine is 2" ?

Mondeo STTDCI

I fecking hope not. Looking at mine its not 2" but Id need a G Clamp or something to check the diameter. JPHs was an honest mistake I believe though....as it was always meant to be 2.5". All of em were far as Im concerned.

Need some pics of this bracket!

Mondeo STTDCI

Just came back from the GFs. SOMETHING is definitely moving around. Just dont know what it is.

Plus the right exit is now almost bloody flush with the trim. Its gonna fookin melt it I know it. SO pissed off ra!

I emailed them but Gordon Scott emailed back saying that Ian was on Hols til 21st August or summat....ra!

MGP W02

I think you should take it down there fella. It wasnt ian that was directly dealing with the clio exhausts it was another fella... (sorry cant remember his name) to manually adjust i would undo the clap at the back of the system (over the rear axel) and give it a bit of a wiggle.

Mondeo STTDCI

I have "simulated" the noise by moving the exhaust by hand so i reckon its definitely that. WOuld take it down but thats against what Mr. Scott has said though I did email him pics of it in reply so hopefully hell feel a little like he wants to help sooner than 3 weeks time!

Mondeo STTDCI

*UPDATE*

Got underneath her (oo er missus) and saw basically 3 main mounts. One behind the two silencers and the other two alongside them.

On ONE of the mounts between the silencers there is a cable tie going around one side of the rubber mount, this having the effect of pulling one pipe a couple of mm in one direction, and SLIGHTLY stabilising movement I would guess.

SO I have affixed one cable tie around the other mount to try and pull the other pipe away from the trim until it goes back to H&S. AND guess what? The slight knocking/tapping sound has gone so I assume that was the tail pipe hitting the trim whilst driving "enthusiastically".

Renaultsport 220T

Hi mate, just found your request on here now. Will do you a pic of the xtra bracket. Give us half an hour.

:)

Renaultsport 220T

We positioned the t/pipes slightly to the left, so that when heated up they move into the middle perfectly. You can see that the washers have given quite a precise alignment.

Get it booked in mate.

;)