ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy@Hayward&Scott(Custom Exhaust)

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good W3eeb!

I remember talking to you at FCS about exhausts - really like the slash cut pipes (we were parked next to you). Bet it sounds great too!

I have also been tempted and bought the prospeed system (with decat) from that was for sale on here, and picked it up yesterday - which looks to have smaller rear boxes than your system though, so expecting it to be LOUD!

I do like how the H&S has been shaped coming out of the back boxes so they are up out of the way - the prospeed comes straight out of the rear boxes, so think theyll hang a bit lower...

Renaultsport 220T

Looks the dogs Bo**ocks Ian, Mine gets fitted this Saturday. I cannot wait. Car more responsive now? Must sound wicked?

:D

MGP W02

Yup 3.5" rolled in slash baby! Gonna put some vids up this evening so watch this space!

Hey Browno! How things? its getting louder by the day! and that H&S growl is getting deeper and deeper! LOL

182WRC - u have PM. Personally i think the rpm is certainly rising and falling quicker than with the renault system, make for some very late heal and toe action! LOL

MGP W02

Well its going back... have tried to locate the system correctly but it keeps moving and melting more plastic!

So i phoned ian at H&S up, he said he would like to look at the system on Saturday morning and he is paying my travel costs as i am not exactly local (nr Birmingham) So ill see you there 182WRC! LOL

Am pleased with the service and the system i just hope they can sort the location of the pipes out.

Video to come tonight.

Ian

Renaultsport 220T

No worries Ian, Im sure well find a solution to this. Im aiming to be there around 9.30am.

Be good to meet up, even under these circumstances! LOL

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Mine is goin back in next wed (28th)
It has,nt sat right from the start, ive played around with it a bit but i shouldnt really have to get my hands dirty. Does sound nice thou on tick over&when i pull away but after 4k all sound is bearly there. Hopefully Ian can make it louder cos its not quite ganster enough ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 June 2005
Trust me unplug the second one and youll have no problems. mine ran with no light on the dash for the 6months it was on before i traded the car. Everyone i know on here who has done the same had no problems either. just make sure the loom for the second lambda is cable tied up out of the way and the plug connector made waterproof.

Trust Me Too.

And Dogmaul

and a load of others.

Hes right.

/y0z

Renaultsport 220T

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 21 June 2005
Well its going back... have tried to locate the system correctly but it keeps moving and melting more plastic! So i phoned ian at H&S up, he said he would like to look at the system on Saturday morning and he is paying my travel costs as i am not exactly local (nr Birmingham) So ill see you there 182WRC! LOLAm pleased with the service and the system i just hope they can sort the location of the pipes out.Video to come tonight.Ian

Ian, Ive been thinking about this all week, showed your pics to a couple of mates, and weve come to the conclusion that because the pipes are slash cut, they dont exit far enough away from the back bumper. Compare this to the standard exhaust which the exits are 2 + 1/2 inches beyond the bumper. This might let the pipes cool, and the gases to clear the surrounds more?

I still cant wait till Saturday to get it fitted. :)

MGP W02

Hi Steve,

could be true... but at the moment the tail pipes move to the right when its hot. When i spoke to H&S they said "weve never had this problem before" but i know Tom has had the same problem!

Oh and i will be billing the H&S guys for the tail pipe surrounds on the bumper... £14.19 + VAT EACH!!!!! f**kin renault!

Renaultsport 220T

Yeah, I think Tom said his was moving, but I didnt think side to side?
And his surrounds have melted as well! Bloody expensive to replace @ that price!!! Maybe a 3" tail might be another option?

Its going to be a fun day on Saturday? :confused:

MGP W02

Tell me about it!!! The guy at H&S did say maybe a smaller tail pipe might be an option... what size are the pro-speed guys got? any ideas?

Cant fault the exhaust, fantastically made, fantastic sounding, but i just feel a little gutted over the whole situation at the moment. :(

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 23 June 2005

Tell me about it!!! The guy at H&S did say maybe a smaller tail pipe might be an option... what size are the pro-speed guys got? any ideas?

Cant fault the exhaust, fantastically made, fantastic sounding, but i just feel a little gutted over the whole situation at the moment. :(
ask carbon nut to make some up for you mate, that way they will stop melting

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

^^ thats the only way.

or just take them off and leave them off like i have done, tho that looks a bit crap.

tbh i wouldnt try to put them back on again until you have ones that take the heat

Yours is alot lower than mine is which is good, it means it wont scratch up like mine has.

KEEP POLISHING IT! do it once a week and make it a routine! PROMISE ME.

MGP W02

Ok cool,
Can u PM me carboon nuts details Loz?
so u guys recon carbon fiber or is there something else i could use?

I promise Tom, i promise, promise and double promise :D LOL

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

As i explained of the problem ive had, after a conversation with Ian they have agreed to rectify my problem by building me a COMPLETE new exhaust system as there was a little bit of a communication breakdown :cry:
So next wed evening my car should be all sorted. :D

Renaultsport 220T

Hmmm, carbon fibre might be the way forward here. Ill give carbon nut, a call in the morning, see how much a couple would cost. I can see a group buy coming on? Tom, Ian? They do something similar already for BMW M3 I see. :)

MGP W02

James, how come u having urs rebuilt? u not luvin the noise?

Steve am definatly up for that let me know what carbon nut says!

182 Full Fat

Steve, Looking forward to hearing the system as soon as possible. Let me know if you are about on Sunday mate.

Mondeo STTDCI

Ill check to see if mine does the same but I think it pretty much is fine - no melting! If not Ill be wanting carbon surrounds....

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Dave- after sticking my car on the rollers i found that ive actually lost power! I only pulled 167bhp!!
Ok, last sat was a really hot day&it wasnt a good day for many but after a few views&recommendations it became clear to me that the bore size that has been put on my car is only 2"!!
So ive asked for 2& 1/2.
It was goin back in anyway to sort out the positioning&to make it louder as i cant hear it after 4k!!
Ian haws said no problem so all should be sorted on wednesday.

Mondeo STTDCI

Thats a bit sh*t mate 2"s!!! might get under mine and have a good look. Need to get it on the rollers really

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

yeah, dont get me wrong it purrs nicely at idle&BOY have i got myself noticed coming up the road.
But after all this is suppose to be a performance exhaust system&its no use if its goin to lose me power.
But i have total confidence that they will correct it with no further hassle-watch this space.
It was also one of them situations where you,ve waited for ages to get something done&once its done your like "oh, is that it" Ive made it clear that it has to be double LOUD so that im the daddy ;)

Renaultsport 220T

Zorst fitted this morning! I am a verry happy boy, it sounds absolutely wicked! Thanks Eddie and Ian @ H&S! :D

Good to meet you Ian, and Dad!, Hope you made it back to Brum in one piece? Still straight? I do hope so! ;)

[Edited by 182WRC on 6/25/2005 5:59:21 PM];)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by 182WRC on 25 June 2005
jph, where did you get your 167bhp? At the wheels? If so, what was it b4?

Before my exhaust was fitted i had one reading from GDI on their mickey mouse rolling road- according to them i pulled 140bhp@the wheels which they worked out to be 182bhp@the flywheel!!
This was just with a open pipercross filter. Ive decided to not count that figure as accurate
:mad:

Renaultsport 220T

You usually lose approx about 15% at the wheels, so as standard it would have 179bhp at the flywheel, minus 15% = 158bhp at the wheels?

Therefore, your reading of 167bhp equates to 192bhp. An increase of 13bhp. Sounds about right to me? :confused:

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Remember my car is a 172 not 182.
No 167bhp @ the flywheel, where as a standard 172(my car) should be just under 172bhp so thats 5bhp lower than standard. Another 182 with custom exhaust&green filtewr managed to pull 186bhp- increase of 4bhp from standard so mine was under.

Renaultsport 220T

Ah, not so good then! The boys at H&S worked really hard to sort out Ians and mine today, so Im sure they will get it right for you.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I hope so, it wasnt really the fact it was,nt loud enough but the fact that after all had been done the twin ovals were ridiculously on the pi*s&goin out to show off something that id paid alot of money for soon became an embarassment!
I managed to put the car up on the ramps&tightened up the bracket right under the rear axle. It now sits properly but still knocks a bit.

MGP W02

Mate well i am chuffed with the effort the boys put in today! took three attempts to get it right and about 2 1/2 Hrs in total.

first they had the whole system off and re jigged and tightened everything... still moving and melting. 2nd they made a custom bracket (1 for me and 1 for steve) STILL moving! and lastly they rejigged the whole system and spot welded the the connecting pipes.....

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! and one happy customer! Ian @ H&S also covered my travel costs and the cost of the tail pipe trims!

I would really recomend this system now all the niggles have been worked out!

MGP W02

J,

could the exhaust be making the engine suck more air hot air through you open piper X cone filter? the weather probably didnt help.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

The weather dont help, but goin by the fact that a 182 with an open filter as well had an increase of 4bhp with a cat back system&me running the same mods on a 172 got a loss of 5bhp.
Plus i was there a good two hours before my car went on but it was still quite hot, whereas the 182 had only been there about 30mins so i would of thought he would of had a poorer result because of his engine being red hot.

MGP W02

Ummm wierd... my system definatly make the 182 feel more responsive

Am sure ian willl sort it for you chap! after today i am happy with their effort!

Renaultsport 220T

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 25 June 2005
Mate well i am chuffed with the effort the boys put in today! took three attempts to get it right and about 2 1/2 Hrs in total.

first they had the whole system off and re jigged and tightened everything... still moving and melting. 2nd they made a custom bracket (1 for me and 1 for steve) STILL moving! and lastly they rejigged the whole system and spot welded the the connecting pipes.....

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! and one happy customer! Ian @ H&S also covered my travel costs and the cost of the tail pipe trims!

I would really recomend this system now all the niggles have been worked out! 

Likewise, extremely happy with their effort and workmanship!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yep its bad isnt it! This was a proper rollin road this time.
But the guy couldnt seem to make up his mind, one minute he said it was unfuelling then he was saying it was overfueling????

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

163@the fly isnt uncommon 172s rarely make stock power. that goes for 182s too.

160-172bhp is a common fly figure.