ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy@Hayward&Scott(Custom Exhaust)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 06 June 2005
i want a decat too, none of this gayboy cat business or silenced decats for that matter. i want a mans exhaust not a girls one :devilish:

What are you goin on about!
My exhaust is a mans ONE- F*CKIN is now&it aint decated!
Sounds the boll*cks.
Id recommend this guys. Im suppose to be going back to get it tweaked a little so its louder but ive been hampered with my clutch goin on me!!

Renaultsport 220T

^^^^^ Yeah, I agree, why doesnt he put his money where his mouth is, and buy one, instead of trying to wind people up?

:mad:

ive already been putting plenty of money into the car thanks. An exhaust will be on soon enough and none of this nancyboy cats, silenced de-cats or two silencers in the rear. One box and alot of fat pipework :devilish:

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 June 2005

ive already been putting plenty of money into the car thanks. An exhaust will be on soon enough and none of this nancyboy cats, silenced de-cats or two silencers in the rear. One box and alot of fat pipework :devilish:
phone ian up, put your deposit down and show us the results;)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 June 2005ive already been putting plenty of money into the car thanks. An exhaust will be on soon enough and none of this nancyboy cats, silenced de-cats or two silencers in the rear. One box and alot of fat pipework :devilish:

Hayward&scott are SO f*ckin good that if you wanted the exhaust to come up through your drivers seat so you could have it up your arse they could do it-lol.
All you need to do is RING THEM.

Sounds like your a ganster wannabee
Theres only one on here, aint that right lawrence
;)

[Edited by jph172 on 6/7/2005 8:30:34 PM]

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 07 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 June 2005ive already been putting plenty of money into the car thanks. An exhaust will be on soon enough and none of this nancyboy cats, silenced de-cats or two silencers in the rear. One box and alot of fat pipework :devilish:

Hayward&scott are SO f*ckin good that if you wanted the exhaust to come up through your drivers seat so you could have it up your arse they could do it-lol.

;)

yes aaiiiiiiii

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 07 June 2005

;)

sounds like youre a know nothing know it all that hasnt met me nor did you ever hear my supersprint ;)

a "gangster " system will be going on in the next month or so just weighing up options as to which.

MGP W02

Im back baby!!! now if only ian at H&S wasnt on the phone!!! I wanna book mine in pleeeeeease!!!

MGP W02

WOO HOO! its booked in! 9:30am Saturday morning! Now any of you boys fancy a bit of an early lunch and a catch up?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Ian- saturday in The surrey rolling road day!
Me, Lawrence&Ballcrusher are goin.
Otherwise i would of said yes.
Ive got a few bits need sorting my system still. I want it louder but they are Sooo busy that i cant get it sorted till the 29th :mad:
But i suppose its to be expected once everyone wants them to build them a system for their car.

182 Full Fat

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 13 June 2005

WOO HOO! its booked in! 9:30am Saturday morning! Now any of you boys fancy a bit of an early lunch and a catch up?
I await the photos to be posted mate. Im very interested in this system. Whats the damage? Around £440?

MGP W02

yup £440! but its worth it!

James... buddy, gutted u and Loz are not gonna be around...

What tweeks u having done? and should i ask Ian to do the same to mine b4 i come down 4 fitting ;)

182 Full Fat

The metal quality and welding looks great. Im sure someone has requested this. But are there ant pics of the 182 system as i cant find any.?

MGP W02

Will take a load saturday 4 you. Or pop over and have a look as mines being fitted, am sure ian at H&S wont mind. am gonna be there about 9ish

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 13 June 2005
Take that fooking cat off.... u dont know what your missing boyo!

I probably will, but i jus want the exhaust bed in a little bit first!
Im going back there to make have it made louder! It sounds really nice up till about 5k then it goes quiet which isnt really what i was after,want it loud right through the rev range. Also to get the decat sorted is about a days work they reckon because the cat goes right up into the bottom of the engine so he says! (or that may jus be the pipe) also the lamba sensor issues are tricky. Ive been told that unless i can sort out a resistor or something then the light will stay on. Leaving jus one on the car wont do because they say it will still pick up a false reading giving you problems.

Yep the manifold flange is a pain in the ass its tucked behind part of the subframe so fiddly to work on. Lambda sensors just remove the second one and you wont get a light up. I had a decat on my mk2 172 no problem.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

According to the guy at Hayward&Scott he said that its the 2nd sensor that causes the problems cos if it does show the same reading/temperature as the first then it shows this is a fault.
He said he did a fitting on a focus the other week&while the car was in the air the owner jus connected up a resistor on the wiring.
But i WILL get it decated-but i have more important things to do first ;)

The second lambda is there to check the cat is working. Trust me you are more likely to get the light up if you leave it in. Myself and at least 7 other 172 owners on here (and thats the ones i remember) have had decats fitted disconnected the second lambda and had NO issues whatsoever.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yeah its a strange one to call really.
Ive heard of people that have got rid of the 2nd one&had no problems either. I did say to them about re-fitting BOTH sensors when the decat was done but he said it would be pointless as it wouldnt read anything

Trust me unplug the second one and youll have no problems. mine ran with no light on the dash for the 6months it was on before i traded the car. Everyone i know on here who has done the same had no problems either. just make sure the loom for the second lambda is cable tied up out of the way and the plug connector made waterproof.

MGP W02

4 days to go and counting!!!

Going to give ian a ring today see if he can make the tweeks to my system before i come down on sat. want it loud all the way to the limiter! but i really dont wanna loose any of that low down growl the H&S seams to have.

182 Full Fat

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 14 June 2005

4 days to go and counting!!!

Going to give ian a ring today see if he can make the tweeks to my system before i come down on sat. want it loud all the way to the limiter! but i really dont wanna loose any of that low down growl the H&S seams to have.
Im looking forward to it as much as you are mate. Post any pics asap, or even better, sound clip/video would be great. What tweeks can Ian do to make it louder (sorry im all new to all this exhaust stuff!)

MGP W02

Me neither, have no clue about exhausts ECUs yes exhausts no! LOL

Ok the tweeks are basically to change how the 172 exhaust sits. Its is affecting the noise when the system gets hot. so nothing major... pheww :)

182 Full Fat

I guess the heat makes the exhuast expand slightly and so you dont want it touching any delicate parts. What size are the pipes on the system? 3.5" tail?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Ian- your have to give me a call when your exhaust is done cos i,ll probably be on my way back from the rolling road day by then.

MGP W02

For all their hard work Jph172 & Loz set this up and to be honest there has been lots on tense moments trying to get enough peeps to sign up.

1 day to go!!! Whoo hoo!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Streetcar_nitro on 16 June 2005
How did the interset go for this group buy?I have been considering offering a group discount for nitrous kits.

Well its 11 pages long so far!
We got our 5 people.
Plenty of interest from loads but only a small few of us willing to put their money on the table.
No idea what i,ll get on the rollers 2moro- but i will say one thing, there is no way my car was running 140bhp@the wheels with jus the induction kit!

MGP W02

Dude! its bloody amazing! am absolutly made up with the thing! and its getting louder! ;)

Will see if i can get some pics and vidz up today!

Only downer is the tail pipes dont seam to fit centrally and have melted the exhaust surrounds on the bumper... :mad: remember Tom saying it did the same on his 182.

182 Full Fat

Yeah come on, wanna see pics as soon as possible! What did Tom do to eliminate the exhuats surrounds from melting again?

182 Full Fat

Lookin good mate, 3.5" slash cut is it?? Whats it like at high revs and starting up? If you can host sound clip that would be cool!