ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H and R's on a 182cup.....

I'm after some reviews/feedback from anyone who's got H and R coilovers on a 182 cup. How do you find them on track? I've heard they're good on roads but need feedback before I commit to adjustable coilovers.
Thanks

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Hi mate ive got H&Rs on my 172 cup , imo they tick all the boxes better than standard on the rd and also fantastic on track best of both worlds .

Mondeo TDCI 130
Gt_gaz old 172 cup, now mine has them on it, there great, never been on the track like, but the ride is firm but not harsh!

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Where are you based mate if your anywhere near essex ill take you for a blast in mine so you can see what they are like ?

R35 GTR
After a few weeks of driving my 182 after having H+Rs on my 172 for about 8 months I can say the coilovers improve the ride. Stopping bump steer, but the standard suspension is more enjoyable and its free!

I think standard set up is fine once you get some negative camber at the front, but my rear shocks are on their way out as it gets a bit "floaty" on track.
My only concern is the H and R's wont be firm enough for track work.

Lionel Richie
they're a tiny tiny tiny bit on the soft side, but thats a good thing as you can still piss about with the car with a bit of sidewaysness :)

Turbo Beige
I think they are excellant, better composed than the standard stuff and not too stiff. Has created a bit of torque steer on really ruff roads, but that is to be expected.

As has been said, if you let us know where you are there is probably somebody around that would give you a ride out in there car.

M2 Competition
Bit soft at the rear for dedicated track work, but depends how committed you are to driving an uber stiff car around on the roads on a daily basis. Otherwise superb.

Thanks for the response, don't mind a hard set up within reason, it's just I find at present mines a bit wallowy under heavy braking, (Eibach springs, -2 negative camber). As said before don't want to get H & R's and then regret it because I feel the back end is trying to overtake the front under heavy braking. Hope this makes sense. Are the springs progressive ?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
better off getting a kit that is fully adjustable, height/damping/camber, if you are doing a lot of trackdays, no point going halfway then regretting an expensive purchase.

I know what your saying but H & R's or KW v2,( possible to mod 172 dampers) are £700-£800 and 2/3 way adjustable £1200 - £1500 plus fitting and setting up. With the extra £500-£700 could go on other mods.

H and R which arn't adjustable are fine for most user for track and road use if you can and will know how tyo use the adjustables then get them though.