ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halifax Meet and Drive - Sunday 25th April

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I propper skinted myself getting them. £600 with no tyres, although made half that back selling the 182 rims so not too bad...

Should of got some used F1's, sub £500 inc powdercoating and tyres :rasp:

jonesy - where abouts in northowram are you? I'll keep an eye out

Da

Less
That car park is 30 mins from me! Lol!

Would love to come to this, but beer + saturday night = lie in sunday! :dapprove:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That car park is 30 mins from me! Lol!

Would love to come to this, but beer + saturday night = lie in sunday! :dapprove:

Think you should come still :rasp:

jenic u know me.i got that sub off u.wot time u headin 2 the meet at?

Yer i know who you are lol, just wondered where abouts your living now. Well getting there for 10 but I might be setting off from Keighley.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ide love to get some and do them an outlandish colour for tracking.

I looked into trackdays etc but was put off with having to get a race licence etc etc :dapprove:

Lol, u dont need a race licence or anything like that. Just turn up with a normal uk licence and go :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
lol a race licence. Theres loads of track day companies out there, Just type Trackdays into google and you'll find a load :)

RB 182
Im not quite a meet virgin but havent been on one for a few years cos was put off by the last Yorkshire meet as everyone seemed to hav lil groups already

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Im not quite a meet virgin but havent been on one for a few years cos was put off by the last Yorkshire meet as everyone seemed to hav lil groups already

Since I started attending yorkshire meets there hasn't been enough people attending to have more than one group lol

None
I always find meet/drives to be better than just car park meets, that way if you all go for a drive out somewhere and end up at a pub or somewhere like then you at least have the drive to talk about...........

White Evo V
Think I'm gunna pop along if I ain't too hung over, what time you guys planning on setting off from the meeting point as I don't know how long it will take me to get there?!

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm gunna pop along if I ain't too hung over, what time you guys planning on setting off from the meeting point as I don't know how long it will take me to get there?!

Dunno yet, u still got my number? Text me when you are on your way so we know to wait for you :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
The weather better be good i actually washed my car for once for the meet tomorrow.

The Orange wheels have gone, but still have the Orange wingmirrors ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The weather better be good i actually washed my car for once for the meet tomorrow.

The Orange wheels have gone, but still have the Orange wingmirrors ;)
Boring ;)

Bet you still didnt get all that brake shite off the side though :rasp:

None
Better be sunny(ish)......i spent an hour with a clay bar on the bonnet and boot today, that stuff is amazing!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Boring ;)

Bet you still didnt get all that brake s**te off the side though :rasp:

Well there is still a lot of crap on the paint. you'll laugh when the see where the clio badge was on the back, I'll show you tomorrrow.

I love it on black wheels tho. I love it. looks much better :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It has rained but ground isnt too wet where I am. Chances of more rain are slim now until after 3pm :)

Me and chris are on 888's anyway and we are both still going :rasp: (I presume he is anyway)

RB 182
Im just setting off from Huddersfield, think there's a quicker way through Brighouse but cant be 100% so might be a lil late :S

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Was just about to set off to this so checked the forum and it was 10am and not 1030am as I thought!

Have a good one and keep it shiny side up!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Was a decent meet, good turnout too! Hopefully people will be putting there pics up when they get home :)

We did seem to keep losing people though :eek:

Was just about to set off to this so checked the forum and it was 10am and not 1030am as I thought!

Have a good one and keep it shiny side up!

We didn't set off from that original place until almost 11, should of come!

So....

Kinda didnt go to plan, not for me anyhu :(

Matt tried to get your attention by flashing you, then ste turned around but you mustn't have noticed :(

White Evo V
Was a quality day tbf! Some good banter and a nice drive, couldn't get too spirited as it was sooo bumpy on them twisty roads, was still an awesome drive though with 7 or so clios thrashing through the hills! Enjoyed the ride in chris's raw track beast too! Hopefully everyone will bang there pics and vids up today. Someone make a thread in the media section for pics etc and post them all in one thread!

Did we lose 2 cars? At the pub in the end the flamer and the Monaco were missing :(

RB 182
We did seem to keep losing people though :eek:

Matt tried to get your attention by flashing you, then ste turned around but you mustn't have noticed :(

It wasnt the brightest idea for the only people who knew where we were going to keep speeding off into the distance. I lost everyone after the set of tempory lights, thinking back did people turn off before them? I waited over the brow for ages and when noone came i turned round but by that time could've been anywhere, took a guess at which road you all might have taken but obv was wrong, ended up near Rochdale so took one final guess at Ainley Top but was either too early, too late or you didn't even go there!

Owel, went to Tescos and did the big shop in the end lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It wasnt the brightest idea for the only people who knew where we were going to keep speeding off into the distance. I lost everyone after the set of tempory lights, thinking back did people turn off before them? I waited over the brow for ages and when noone came i turned round but by that time could've been anywhere, took a guess at which road you all might have taken but obv was wrong, ended up near Rochdale so took one final guess at Ainley Top but was either too early, too late or you didn't even go there!

Owel, went to Tescos and did the big shop in the end lol

lol

Yes we turned left just after going over the hill just after the motorway, then follow that road straight. Should of given people my number tbh!