ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head gasket karma!

Clio 172 cup
Evening all, so after spending all day boasting that my 18yo 1.4 8v (e7j) clio has only just passed 40000 miles this morning. Then on the drive home my blowers went cold, I'll just top the coolant up when I get home I thought! While I was there I quickly just checked the oil filler cap to be on the safe side and taa daaa, milky as f**k!! Karma I suppose! What with my cup off the road because it needs a cambelt etc January it seems is becoming a very expensive month!
So when I tackle the HG, probably at the weekend anyone advice where I can get hold of a cheap HG set and bolts?
Also anything I should watch out for when doing it?
Cheers!

Clio 172 cup
She is running about the right temp but she misses on start up (which I was hoping was to do with the exhaust blow which has just occurred!) and she is using water so it's defo HG unfortunately!