ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headgasket Issue 197 ???

Albi Blue 197
Do 197's suffer with headgasket problems? I've currently got a problem with my car and apparently its the headgasket?

Whats the likely symptoms of a headgasket problem?

Id like to hear peoples view of a headgasket problem so i can compare it to the actual fault of the car

Many Thanks..

FF 182
Slightly diff car but when i had a punto, white smoke out the exhaust, sludge in the oil cap, water going down rapidly, heaters not blowing hot air, running rough.

I have also heard that F4R's are very rare to have headgasket failure

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Slightly diff car but when i had a punto, white smoke out the exhaust, sludge in the oil cap, water going down rapidly, heaters not blowing hot air, running rough.

A Fiat Punto with a FIRE engine? Oh yeah just slightly different then.

Otherwise you're correct with the symptoms.

Albi Blue 197
Okay the problem has just definitely been sussed! There's a crack in the exhaust manifold :\
How the hell the manifold cracked i don't know? Is the manifold cracking common? Sounds rare to me!
Also is there anyone selling an exhaust manifold for the 197? I'm going to be needing one unless it can be welded up?