ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help !! breaking into a clio!!

172 cup
I havent actually tried swapping wires - couldn't actually work out how to get in the casing. T
he car is on my driveway, to notice the keys you would have to squeeze past the fence and look in - if you where doing this you would have to be planning to steal the car anyway as the path to the house is on the other side.

mk4 golf gttdi180
grab a piece of metal that looks like a dipstick piece bend one end and then slide it down the side of the window and unhook or bend the top of the window an use a coat hanger:)

Milltek'd 182
lol i wasnt asking so i could come and steal it! there have been times ive locked keys in cars (mainly a golf at work that someone forgot to tell me autolocks because its broken!) and i had to bend the door back and get a coat hanger in and fish it out. otherwise your looking at a locksmith or a broken window....

Williams 1
get a tennis ball and cut a hole (just smaller than the lock) in the tennis ball and push this hole up next to the lock, then whack the ball flat (squeezing all the air out the new hole and straight in the lock) and bobs your uncle, lock should pop up, works on most cars :rasp:

172 cup
haha going to have to try that just for the pure enterainment value - not sure i beleive it works though

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
get a tennis ball and cut a hole (just smaller than the lock) in the tennis ball and push this hole up next to the lock, then whack the ball flat (squeezing all the air out the new hole and straight in the lock) and bobs your uncle, lock should pop up, works on most cars :rasp:

That ranks alongside putting your stereo in the freezer to de-code it !!

Punto/Clio GTT
you can usually just bend the door back slightly at the top (by the roof), wedge something in there that wont damage the paint (bolster chissel wrapped in cloth) then a long piece of metal, put it in, take it out, bend it til you get the right shape for the inner door handle.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Does it have door lock pins? If so get some plastic banding, like you get round pallets. Fold it in half and slide it through the door seal, hook it over the pin, pull tight and up.

Had to do it to a car at work the other day as a bloke had locked his 2month old baby in the car!

were you in gone in 60 seconds? lol :cool:

Yeah, i was the one with blonde dreadlocks:cool:

Saxo VTS
Get a chav, grab his head, repeatedly smash it against your window, et voila you can reach in and get your keys.

Ok you may have a broken window but at least you did a good dead for the day.

172 cup
wooo hooo

Im in !! No chav bashing, window breakage or damaged work, Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I bet cus you are blonde you asked a nice obliging Policeman to help you get in to your car.

I would say next time It might be a better idea if you didnt have your spare set of keys attached to your main set which was locked in the car.

/me runs for cover and hides.

P.S. Glad you managed to get in to your car. I will be on 24hour watch to make sure you dont come and take mine :rasp:

172 cup
The cheek of you !!
As if I use my blondeness to get my own way !! (please dont list examples)

Im so taking your car for a late night ride !!

172 cup
Yeah it became quite a long thread !! Just worried that other people are now going to start doing same as now everyone knows how to lock their keys in !!

172 cup
yes CAT171 keys are safely in the house again !!

Shibber - I never said tonight lol

You will get a smack bottom if you try it. I will set my mum on you. :butt:

Your mum loves me !! In fact she would probably prefer me to have it as she has never appreciated your driving !! trying to remember some of her famous quotes but the altzeimers is kicking in

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
You will get a smack bottom if you try it. I will set my mum on you. :butt:

Your mum loves me !! In fact she would probably prefer me to have it as she has never appreciated your driving !! trying to remember some of her famous quotes but the altzeimers is kicking in

lol. Thats true. Touche.

Not allowed above 2000rpm with mother in the motor :eek:

www.renparts.co.uk

used to work on old vauxhalls... calibra etc... as it was an air powered locking system.. so suction on the door locks unlocked them...

Ph-Sold!
One of the guys who works for me was AA for 27 years and has used that many times on older cars too!