ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help! coilovers are on but uncomfy as a fucker

chumpmobile
Basically, i have put my new rokkors on. However i have encountered a slight issue, this being that it feels like i'm on a skate board going about 100000 miles an hour. It is unbelievably uncomfy. It feels as it the suspension is not even there? Or is exaggerating everything in the road?

I was wondering if this is normal haha?
Or will they take a while to settle in?
Or have i put them on wrong?
Is it dependent on the height i have them set at?

Cheers in advance,
Jamie x

LY200
coilys do stiiffen up the ride a hell of alot. but there is still some give. what coilovers are they?

chumpmobile
rokkors mate, i guess you get what you pay for?
i was just shocked! its like a bouncy castle it soo bouncy, and it feels like it is only absorbing holes in the road that at 5ft+ deep!

DCi 100
Re: help! coilovers are on but uncomfy as a f**ker

Tbh buying cheap coilovers, they aren't going to have decent dampers. They're build 'to do', not for quality in that sort of range.

Normal - I don't know (Haven't been in the car/haven't had rokkor's)
Settle in - There isn't much too settle in except the springs settling abit
Wrong - They'd either fall off the car, knock to hell, or the car would fall on the floor if they're put on wrong!
Height wise - How low do you have it?

Haven't got solid top mounts on aswell have you?

And lol at the skateboarding at 100000 mph!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i put mine on yesterday and found winding them up a bit makes the ride better cos when they were really low it was very bumpy

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How low have you got them ? The lower they are, the less absorbing they're going to do of the road's finest feature. Do they have adjustable damping ?!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

£140 Rokkor coilovers y0

If they do il have some

they dont, but pretty good for the money ride does get worse the lower you go though

i think they are £170ish now

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I had this problem, raise the front and it'll sort out. Potholes and bumps in the road will produce a bang and thump when you go over them so take them slow. My front arches are about an inch from the tyre (16'') they're all nice and comfy now* there's a guideline for you ha

*as comfy as £120 coilovers get

chumpmobile
haha yes they are rokkors, and wound right down. i will raise it a bit and see if that helps!

PH1 iceburg
If set really low this will be your problem. All coilovers if set right own will give a rock hard ride. Remember these are designed for tracks where the surface is extremely smooth not like our shite british roads.

If you have them too low then the suspension will be bottoming out on the bump stops, which will cause all the crashing and banging! Lift it up !

what did you expect? or didnt you expect anything?

even KW V3s worth like 1400 give you a sore back after a while... they are made to do and you no doubt have yours slammed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's kinda CS all over to be fair.

Strip car, de-cat, slammed. Then sell because it's uncomfortbale as a daily.

It is a strange one. Can't think of a reason why the ride quality would be reduced when slammed into the weeds on facelands. Have you checked to see if the springs are still there?

chumpmobile
alright gays.

amazingly enough i have not been around for long (17years to be precise) so i do not really know what i'm doing, all a learning curve. its amazing that half of you old fogeys are so unwilling to help younger people!

i have like no money, drive a 1.4 so why would i be going quick in the first place.

low and slow ftw

chumpmobile
oh and i do like most of the cars on here i just cant afford to spend 500 quid on a set of coileys.
not having a go just explaining i have no money

alien green rs133
higher and smoother seems be the way forward :rasp:

although i have my car on its nipples and it rides lush, but to buy my setup you need to sell your car.
kustom innit tho.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know what you're saying mate but my point still stands.

Westy. MX5
oh and i do like most of the cars on here i just cant afford to spend 500 quid on a set of coileys.
not having a go just explaining i have no money

No money? Then you shouldn't be buying pointless mods that you end up hating. A few days searching on CS would have revealed the Rokkors aren't that good.