ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed replacing stereo in 2006 model

Cliosport 197
Hi there, i have a 2006 clio 1.4 just wondering how easy it is to take out the stereo and replace with new?

Also in my old car (fiat punto 2001) there was no room behind the stereo 2 put any of the wires and i could not place the stereo in fully, is this the same situation with this type of car.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Megane 225 F1
nope pull it all out, and then put the wires down in the gaps below where the stero will go. lots of room for cables there :)

Cliosport 197
thank for your help, appreciate it.

one more question when ive installed new stereo is there anyway that i can still get the display eg clock, temperature, track etc, is it still an adapter?

Thanks xxx

As long as you have the old CD player Keys it will be easy to remove and re-fit a new one

Wires are always a b**ch to fit behind the CD-players

Cliosport 197
hey, had a look on that site you said,

but cant find a 2006 stalk control :(
also it looks like to get the clock etc to work i need the correct adapter for the specifc manufacturer, which my stereo is chinese :(

Clio 182
Took me and the old man over an 45mins to fit all the wires and stalk adapter behind my new Headunit! Key is patience and persistance! ll the wires just need to fall into place!

Cliosport 197
Hi, im still not getting the right answer lol :)

Im asking specifically is there just one adaptor that fits the stereo to make the clock display work and stalk controls? or is it 2 separate adaptors?

Also can the adaptor be manually wired if the stereo is not compatible?

Megane 225 F1
the clock should work with out an adapter. however dont think you can get the track listing to appear on the display but to be honest as long as its on the stereo you dont need it on the car display. hope this helps :)

btw nice car, saw it on your other thread lol ;)

Cliosport 197
hi there, yes your correct clock and temp still works but track doesnt, that dont bother me.

Secondly me and the lad are having the worst time ever trying to put this stereo in there is litterly no room at all at the back to even put any wires.

Could anyone please tell me how to remove the centre console and even the inner cage, as we dont want to damage anything.

This bloody stereo is a nightmare and wont even go in half way :( its even worse than my punto :(

would be very very grateful :)

2006 - Clio Expression 1.4

clio III dyn s 106 hp
Hi,if it is a clio III you can take out the glovebox. Pull off the trim at the top and the one at the side then take out the torx screws and pull it towards you. You can get good access to the stereo.

Cliosport 197
hi mate, thanks for the useful info;

how do you get the glovebox out?
and secondly when you say take torx screws out are you meaning i will be able to pull the console out?

sorry you know what women r like ha ha

3 screws along top,2 on bottom and 1 near passenger door,glovebox then completely removes then you have a massive amount of room

matt

Cliosport 197
matt thank you very much for your help, managed to get the glovebox off can confirm for me, there was 3 screws under trim aboveglovebox, one inside glovebox and one on the side near passenger door under the airbag casing.

I will post some pics later of how it looks and also the neon lights i have installed. It was a squeeze but my stereo is in fully and all I can is thank you :p

xxxxxxx