ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with fault codes DF253, DF252, DF179 and DF180

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
I have a Clio sport 172 Mk2 53 reg, I have the fault codes DF253 (rear left hand rear interim wheel circuit open) and DF252 (left ....etc.). I have a striped out track car but I am trying to find the wiring to remove these faults. I have put resistors in the other airbag's and pretensionners. Also both side impact sensors have been removed, hence the faults,

Question 1 - Do I need to buy the sensors to get rid of the fault or is there a way of tricking the system? (Grey connectors I believe plug straight into the sensors) - Remove DF179 and DF180
image.jpeg

Question 2 - How do you remove both the rear seat belts interim faults (DF252 and 253) I have no wiring in the car and can somebody help me understand the wiring of these, are they to do with this connector under the seat? If not what is it for?
image.jpeg

Thanks people

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I had to reconnect the sensors in order to clear 179 and 180 fault codes, I couldn't get any resistors to work (didn't bother reconfiguring uch as it was only temporary, I now don't have any part of the airbag system left)

Can't remember 252/3 off the top of my head but can have a look when I'm home from work late tonight if it helps

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Thanks Ads, so reconnect, clear and then remove them or need to keep them connected?
Yes any help,on 252/3 please as I do not understand the wiring to the rear seat belt interia wheels. See the connector above?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You'll need to keep them connected unfortunately, or at least I did :(

The rear inertia connectors look exactly the same as the speaker connectors from memory, think they have a browny/orangey wire and a blue wire going into a white 2 pin plug, these I 'fooled' using a resistor

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
OK thanks, I wil buy the sensors, this is the only wire in the boot, but in think it is the speaker wires? Two green wires and 1 pink wire to a black connector?
image.jpeg

What I need is where do the 2 pin white plugs go? How are they wired into the car? So if you have a picture or can trace the White 2 pin plug back to where they are wired in that would be great! Cheers Simon

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
This is a picture of the connector I found on the Internet where does it go? How is it wired in? Does it go directly into the wiring loom?
image.jpeg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Sorry it's not the best photo no 16 is the LH rear belt and 17 RH, they are wired directly back to the airbag ecu and should be at the pins shown
Screenshot_2016-11-07-07-10-33.png

The black connector with the two green wires and a pink/red is for the boot light as well

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Ads, thank for that but I simply can not find the wiring on my car, I have all the airbag ecm wires in a bundle and they only connector that I do not understand is the 6 pin. Do they run from this connectors? But the wiring diagram states I direct connection? I will also take another look in the car.
image.jpeg

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Can somebody please following the rear interia seat belt pretensionner wiring in their car and tell me where it goes / connects please!
Many Thanks / Picture would be great

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
I phoned Renault today to find out what Airbag ECM should be fitted in my car as I can not understand why I can not find the wiring (i.e. is it even in my car?). Found out that my car has been fitted with the wrong part number, so I am going to buy a second hand with the correct part number and try it and also fit the side impact sensors. I am hoping that this one does not ask for the rear interia reels!!!!!
Fingers crossed!!

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Right, got the right airbag ecu in car and no faults! It is looking for the rear pretensionners and I do not have the wiring. All sorted!