ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Dubai

Clio 200
Hey everyone.

I've recently moved from the UK out to Dubai in the UAE. Last week a picked up a new Clio 200 RS which I'm delighted with. It's albi blue in colour, and has black Speedline alloys. Unfortunately the 'cup' pack isn't available out here, so I'm on the standard suspension. Booo. But I'm already looking into an AST coilover kit from KamRacing ;) I'm planning to give the car a good clean and polish this weekend, so I'll post some pics up shortly. But here's a rubbish one for now:

v63vj4.jpg

I've got a techy question, so I'm going to post a new thread in the engine section now...

Bye for now :)

Clio 200
Thanks for the comments people :approve:

Kane - It was AED 88'000, which works out to just under £15'500. It came with decent options too, so I think it's a fair bit cheaper than back home. The Renault dealership mentioned to me that they were selling them cheaper to try and boost sales out here, as small cars are not very common out here.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not many RS's in the UAE! Think i seen 1 in addition to John's when i was there.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Thanks Sheepish :)

Ali, who's John? :D

Me! I had a 182...got it new at 68,000 in 2006. 88,000 AED pretty steep! Did you go through Al Masoud?

Get used to never having a clean car, good colour to have though.

Is that JBR carpark area?

Clio 200
Me! I had a 182...got it new at 68,000 in 2006. 88,000 AED pretty steep! Did you go through Al Masoud?

Get used to never having a clean car, good colour to have though.

Is that JBR carpark area?

Hey.

I bought it from the Renault dealership, right opposite Noor Islamic Bank metro station. Yeah, cars seem to get dusty very quickly! No, that's my work car park in Emaar Square.

Clio 200
Thanks Danny. I think petrol here in Dubai is around AED 1.72 / litre. This works out to about 30p / litre. It used to be cheaper... A lot cheaper.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Oh christ you must be heart broken lol...

Only when i filled up last night did i first notice we are paying £1.31 a litre. If and when it gets above £2 ill no longer drive..!

Clio 200
£1.31! :eek:

Shocking... I remember filling up with Tesco '99 about a year ago for 99p / litre. WTF happened?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Petrol used to be 1 GBP a gallon so around 25p a litre.

The weird thing is Dubai actually imports the oil and doesn't use AD refineries.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
How many Dizzers did you pay for it mate? My bro's out in Abu Dhabs and I'm off out there in Feb to go car shopping with him to convert him to an RS Clio or Megane from his g@y 207 Gti 1.6 turbo thingy. He says there aren't many offers on these yet but the older megane is going for like 75000 DHS?

Last edited:
  Clio 200
Thanks for the comments guys. :D I work for PepsiCo Mr Pants.

Danith, it was 88'000, that's the 2011 model with set options. It's not like the UK where you can choose as many as or as little things as you like. All I could choose really was the wheels, colour and whether I wanted a spoiler.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice. Yeah my bro was up for getting a Clio 197 when they were there but they don't allow buying older cars with their loans so he got the Pug. Will keep an eye out for you when I'm over in mid Feb!