ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much difference does shell V-Power make????

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Breaking A 172 Replica
How much difference does this make in relation to normal 95 fuel?

Where will the difference be felt?

You will feel absolutely no diffence at all but i been using it for a couple thousand miles cos it cleans up the gubbins inside the engine.

BMW F31
tbh i used it since i had my clio in august then i stopped using it bout a month ago and my fuel economy dropped to approx 33mpg, ran out the unleaded until the light came on the other day then stuck in the v-power again to fill her up and the fuel economy is at 38mpg and that is combined e.g normal and foot to the floor driving ;)

so i would say it slightly improves feul economy and as said it helps clean the engine.

Would it not be easier just to put in some Injector / Fuel cleaner into the petrol?

Dunno if its a coinsidense but did this and my distrubution box died had to replace that and plugs so don't fancy doin it again rele i'll stick to V-Power

Mito Sportiva 135
I think you can definitely feel the difference, seems a lot more responsive lower down the rev range, and the sound of the engine sounds slightly meatier than on regular petrol. Not so sure bout the economy, but maybe its because I tend to drive quicker when I use V Power. Always tend to go for the higher octane stuff if I can, the Esso stuff seems pretty good to.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Tesco now also do 99ron fuel, it dont have the cleaning stuff that v-power has BUT if you just want better mpg go for the 99ron fuel

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
runs smoother,idles better,sounds better i found. worth the extra pennys per Litre just for that even if it does not improve power.

on my 1.2 16v i get alot more mileage for the same amount of fuel, and the pickup in second has a noticeable difference over standard 95 fuel.

jamie

Fiesta ST
Interesting. How long would people say to run the stuff for before noticing a difference. (i.e. I couldn't just put it in for one fill-up and expect to see a change could i?)

I'm all for testing it like. :)

Clio 182
V power makes a noticable difference imo. Better throttle response and idle. Just sounds a lot smoother and to me, it seems to make a difference to overall power

Status
Not open for further replies.