ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is a new aerial lead?

Clio 197
The one that connects to the base, I have checked everything and replaced the base to try and solve my reception issue apart from this.

Thanks

Clio 197
Already got it cheers, wanted new to rule it out as I am having radio signal issues.

Price was wrong above , it was £15.37 inc VAT

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I bought a new one for my Cup that got crappy signal years ago. 100% fixed it for me.

Clio 197
I bought a new one for my Cup that got crappy signal years ago. 100% fixed it for me.
I am hoping so, already replaced the aerial base with no improvement. If it doesn't then I am throwing the towel in and binning listening to the radio !

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My radios still pretty terrible after changing the base. Not sure if it's meant to be like this or not.. My old Clio was too.

Clio 197
Good news - replaced this cable the signal is back full strength.

​Worthwhile considering changing this lead too if an aerial base replacement doesn't improve signal (for the sake of £15);)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Is it the one that runs down side of car to back of radio? How did you replace it? I couldn't even get trim off below back right window :(

Clio 197
Is it the one that runs down side of car to back of radio? How did you replace it? I couldn't even get trim off below back right window :(
When replacing the aerial base with the headlining pulled down slightly it runs to the right, once I had disturbed it to connect my new aerial base I could actually access it from the boot area under the plastic moulding.

To replace I didn't remove the trim at the rear , I bodged it a little(it was getting dark) by running it under the drivers door seal, and under the rear seat into the boot. Its out if the way and only visible where it passes over the front seat belt housing behind the front seat. When I get chance I might look at hiding it in the correct place , at the moment I am just excited to have the radio back :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I love a good bodge job haha :) If it works then I wouldn't worry mate! I don't want to ever remove touch my headlining again as it's a horrible job. Especially unclipping the connector where the two wires join down the back right side.

Mines better, but I'm not sure if it's normal or I'm just expecting a little too much from FM :p

Clio 197
I love a good bodge job haha :) If it works then I wouldn't worry mate! I don't want to ever remove touch my headlining again as it's a horrible job. Especially unclipping the connector where the two wires join down the back right side.

Mines better, but I'm not sure if it's normal or I'm just expecting a little too much from FM :p

I have messed with the headlining about 3 times now getting to the bottom of this issue, the first time i was sure the creases were going to be in the headlining forever, hated doing that!