ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator Problem

BMW M135I
Of late, the cars right hand side indicators seem to be playing up.

Ive changed all indicating bulbs round the car but when I indicate right, it indicates as normal for 4-5 times then speeds up and down with the indicating click not staying the same speed either.

When I use the hazards to try them, the indicators on the right side seem to slightly dim after flashing ok for a few times and slowly go out until only a very dim flash happens. The indicator on the dash aswell slowly dims out aswell

Its like the power supply is running out but everything else seems fine.

Also what is the standard fuse to use for the indicators in the fuse box on the inside of the passenger door? I have had to use a 20 amp fuse so that they work and anything below just blows.

BMW M135I
By the looks of things, its something to do with my headlight on that side as tonight i noticed my front indicator doesnt work what so ever but everything else does. Could this possibly have a knock on effect to the rest of that side though?

172DD Cup
By the looks of things, its something to do with my headlight on that side as tonight i noticed my front indicator doesnt work what so ever but everything else does. Could this possibly have a knock on effect to the rest of that side though?

yup, usually when one of the three (on one side) indicator bulbs blows, the other two go mental until you replace the bulb. defo bad connection to that front light.

BMW M135I
For anyone interested, the problem was something with the front headlight. Josh at Cliospares sorted me with a new one (well second hand) and we think that the connection from the connector to indicator is screwed basically