ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INDUCTION KITS - do i or don’t i

Read all the posts on induction kits, i know this comes up a lot. Just want a conclusion, do i get one or not? If i do, which is the best? Im really confused.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Get 1 for sound. Dont get 1 for performance unless ur gonna spend nearly 300 notes on a self contained forced IK IMO.

cant say i noticed a loss in performance on my 1.2 - thats probably bcus it could never perform in the first place:oops:...i was too busy enjoying the induction roar i was getting :D

r u thinking of getting ur ecu remapped once u have the IK? If not then its up to you to decide whether you want that sweet, sweet roar, or maximum performance...

why bother getting a self contained forced IK? you could buy a K&N and super chip it for that price surely?!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

IKs are mint for above 60mph accerating though!

The forced ones (ITG, PiperX Viper comes out next month for Clio 16v) will be mint IMO.

AIR INDUCTION KIT

This new PiperX Viper kit made from carbon fibre and spun aluminium comes with a cold air induction pipe ensuring a constant supply of cold air to the enclosed filter. The reverse air flow technology filter is the same that has been developed for Lotus with increased BHP and improved acceleration. We have developed the components for the MGF and can offer this at a favourable price. £197.00 plus vat (£231.47)

i want maximum performance not too bothered about the induction roar as i think the valver sounds wicked when u floor it anyway. Gonna get a full exhaust on it which will sound good also. Guess ill stick with the standard air box but stick a replacement filter in it.

ERRRR i dont wanna pee on anyones fireworks here.......but i contacted Piperx about the viper kit for the clio 1.8 16v.....and they told me that they will NOT be developing one for the phase 1/2 clio 1.8 16v.......all i can say is....piperx.....your a bunch of tos*ers , may the fleas of a thousand dogs infest your arm pits !! :devilish:

RenaultSport clio v6 255

I have the same queery really , not fussed about th enoise, but agree a k+n sat in th ecliv engine bay is not going to be doing any favours, Hill power do a ram air type forced induction kit, similar to th epiperx from what i have read - is it up too much as i am thinking of going for one of thme on th eway to getting an ECU and Exhaust?

i had one one my old saxo vts ,thought it felt a bit quicker,then i took it off before i sold the car and went for a last spin,felt a lot more responsive with old air filter on!!,than k&n 57i kit

According to k-tec.........they will soon have a sealed Induction kit for the clio 1.8 16v & williams very soon.........probubally about xmas 2010 !!! ;)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

We should have the kit available in around 4-6 weeks. We will have more details such as the price available then.

David.