ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Work Question

Clio Williams No123
This is a bit of a long one, so I'll try to keep it simple.

3 and a bit years ago i stacked the Cup into the back of someone, being that the car was new I took the advice of my dealer and had the car sent to a different garage to that reccomended by my insurer (direct Line, at that time) to have the front end damage repaired.

In the last two weeks, as some of you may know, someone reversed into it, mangling the drivers side rear quarter, its just been completed, however the bodyshop (as reccomended by my mums insurers, as its in her name) won't release it, as the front end damage from 3 years ago wasn't completed correctly.

I've been asked to go an inspect it this lunch time at the current bodyshop.

Any idea's about where I/my mum stands on this with regard to the previous repairs/money to fix it now etc. My main concern is that by electing to have it repaired at a dealer recommended garage as opposed to the insurers recommended place will invalidate or void any support I would get from my previous insurers.

I don't think i have any paperwork from the work 3 years ago due to the time, and moving house recently.

Anyone got any useful information?

Thanks.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
cross your fingers and pray, have a word with the renault dealership that recommended the place and the place you originally took it to. If they were recommended by renault they defo should have done the job properly. You'll be pretty screwed if theres no paperwork. Also make sure that the garage its at shows and explains whats been done wrong to take back to the garage. Be prepared to really fight though mate