ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my car too dear?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
You won't get over 7 k with mods and that mileage sorry , unless you sit on it for months

You also admit nothing backs up any service history prior to your ownership

People looking to pay top money for a car like yours at 8k plus will want solid backed up history ,no mods , and 50 to 60k miles

Just being realistic , I realise yours has been painted but I wouldn't be shouting about that either .

It's a buyers market , especially in autumn and winter

Where does it say in the advert the history isn't backed up? I merley stated the receipts aren't as comprehensive as i'd have liked.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You intimate there are no receipts backing up the previous stamps and nothing that showed the cam belt was done on time

Those are the things I check when looking through history and the things that start to raise an eyebrow

As @hans have both said 6.5k if you want to shift it

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Where does it say in the advert the history isn't backed up? I merley stated the receipts aren't as comprehensive as i'd have liked.

Does the service book have all the stamps?

Yes mate.

Right, pirate. Are all your adverts as bad as the one on cs?

It's so wordy, so much waffle, like you're brain farting through your keyboard. And things like 'receipts aren't up to your standard', let someone else decide.

So you're looking at more:

Full service history, Cambelt was done x and receipt present.
Common ABS issue fixed in x at a cost of x, receipt present
Car has these desirable performance mods, x y and z, is making x power and uses no oil.
Car has had paint work at vw to bring the paint up to my high standards, and is now in superb condition.

You see where I'm going with this?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If it's not for sale on the golf gti forums it needs to be. First place I (as an enthusiast) look, is the forums. Also, you haven't mentioned the full Obc/mfsw which are both nice options. The outside pics aren't so bad, the interior ones with baby seat, water bottle, phone stuff are. If the book is stamped, that's fsh to most people. Price wise, it's top end I guess with no xenons, but nice paint helps that. I'd fit some part worn decent tyres & get rid of the budgets, don't mention the wheels, most are curbed after 100k miles. If I wanted an ed30 I'd probably buy it, it has a lot of potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Thanks again for the crticism, as i said earlier, i'm not spending another penny on it, it owes me a fortune.

@Hans. , make me an offer, i'm off for a month in 72 hours time, i'll deliver it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little bullshit does go quite a way in an advert. Aslong as it's lined with truths, it'll get people interested enough to view the car. If it's had a respray don't write about it like it's a negative!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
I don't bullshit.

They're going to find out either by private message or by the time they're stood infront of me, either way, i sell cars honestly.

I've not tried to sound negative about the fact the cars been painted entirely to the sum of about what its worth.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
I don't bullshit.

They're going to find out either by private message or by the time they're stood infront of me, either way, i sell cars honestly.

I've not tried to sound negative about the fact the cars been painted entirely to the sum of about what its worth.

£7,999 sounds a lot cheaper than £8,000 to 75% of the thick uk population.

Try it, you might like it.

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
If you go to autotrader and put your reg and mileage in that should give you an idea how its priced.
Currently £6810 is what it thinks you should price the car at for private sale in good condition. £5720 for trading in against another car. Looking at other cars completed on ebay it makes sense.
based on this information which removes any emotion with the car - just numbers. Yes imho its "too dear" at your asking price.

Job done -someone lock the thread.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for the crticism, as i said earlier, i'm not spending another penny on it, it owes me a fortune.

@Hans. , make me an offer, i'm off for a month in 72 hours time, i'll deliver it.
Lol. I wouldn't make an offer.

I'm just trying to find a car for the winter so deciding what to buy but it would have to make me money at the same time.
Trouble is, every manual ED30 on AT i've just seen is at a dealer so it's hard for someone to buy from you at more money than a dealer (yours is no doubt better than theirs).

Trade price (CAP) for yours is £3675 and retail is £4995.
Because i'm a real nice guy, i'm happy to give you the retail price!!! ;)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
If you go to autotrader and put your reg and mileage in that should give you an idea how its priced.
Currently £6810 is what it thinks you should price the car at for private sale in good condition. £5720 for trading in against another car. Looking at other cars completed on ebay it makes sense.
based on this information which removes any emotion with the car - just numbers. Yes imho its "too dear" at your asking price.

Job done -someone lock the thread.

Wouldn't take too much notice of the Autotrader valuations.

60ae5d8cfe5e08e43f43baf4c8e2ffdd.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Seriously, from all the ones I've looked at yours is easily worth upwards of £7500.

The only way you'll see that price is to be firm and patient, the one I've got the guy had no one come and see it and it was up at £8200 at first and he brought it down to £7650 by the time I bought it.

Trouble is that they are a niche and to the general public you're going to struggle to sell it. Add to that the fact it's winter and no one is buying, higher mileage which puts the normal people off and the fact it's not standard which a lot of people buying these want them to be.

If you want it gone quickly with loads of interest then it's got to be priced at closer to £7000.

It's unfortunately a buyer's market at the minute

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
Wouldn't take too much notice of the Autotrader valuations.

60ae5d8cfe5e08e43f43baf4c8e2ffdd.jpg

That car isn't main stream so autotrader might not be so correct on value with a v6 clio - but the golf, i genuinely think that the value about right for an ed30. - he asked the question is it to dear - my information says that it could well be high for the market. plus most people would be buying using credit via a garage etc.

at the end of the day - if it was the right price it would have sold already. its over 100k which to a lot of people is a an issue. either keep it and enjoy or if you need it gone price it right for quick sale.

all imho though with having no interest in the car and trying to understand its value.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RacingBlue + IceBurg
That car isn't main stream so autotrader might not be so correct on value with a v6 clio - but the golf, i genuinely think that the value about right for an ed30. - he asked the question is it to dear - my information says that it could well be high for the market. plus most people would be buying using credit via a garage etc.

at the end of the day - if it was the right price it would have sold already. its over 100k which to a lot of people is a an issue. either keep it and enjoy or if you need it gone price it right for quick sale.

all imho though with having no interest in the car and trying to understand its value.

Over 100k in a VW is nothing. I had an S3 on nearly 200k and it was solid. An old mate had a MK1 golf gti on 250k ish, and the thing was a rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A ED30 isn't really "main stream". It their special edition which is essentially a S3 in drag minus haldex.
Have you seen the prices they tend to sell for? Have a look on ebay for example - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...Edition+30.TRS0&_nkw=Golf+Edition+30&_sacat=0

A Mk4 is a 1k car now however you look at special editions and this happens - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Volk...039233?hash=item41b8026641:g:JGUAAOSwHMJYMD7K

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! Probably my least favourite tbh! At least with a Mk3 there was the VR6! and they still look good even today :up:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Well i dropped the price to 7450. It looked to be one of the cheapest on Pistonheads/AT, not much moving!

How much is it to sell on ebay?