ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my car too dear?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i dropped the price to 7450. It looked to be one of the cheapest on Pistonheads/AT, not much moving!

How much is it to sell on ebay?
The next one from yours on AT has been for sale since January, after that it's July. No idea if they're still for sale or not but then £8k+ gets you one with 70k/80k which will be a lot easier to sell...

As for ebay, about £50.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Worth contacting a few performance sales places Danny? Like Ecosse?

I sold them V6 TT years ago and they were spot on to deal with, sold it to a dealer and still made money.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Worth contacting a few performance sales places Danny? Like Ecosse?

I sold them V6 TT years ago and they were spot on to deal with, sold it to a dealer and still made money.

Really? Might be worth a shout then!

@Hans. , yeah i kind of thought that. As with anything German, it doesn't feel like 108k quality wise anyway.

Its just a shame that it does put folk off!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Might be worth a shout then!

@Hans. , yeah i kind of thought that. As with anything German, it doesn't feel like 108k quality wise anyway.

Its just a shame that it does put folk off!
It's just the stupid public. Over 100k.... On its last legs.

Even if a dealer was to sell it at £8k, I wouldn't be expecting more than £6k for it. Infact i'd probably say £5k-£5.5k.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Sorry but i disagree entirely.

You simply will not find any mk5 out there thats spotless paint wise. They all rot, not many have been professionaly painted to rectify what is a fairly well documented problem.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your valuation.
Oh ok. Please don't think i'm not saying yours isn't worth more but i'm trying to explain that £8k-£10k will get you one with a 'easy sale' mileage.
I would much rather a higher mileage one with mint bodywork and well looked after but from a business point of view, you can't realistically put a car with 110k at the same price point as one with 60k.

I'm just saying, unlike Gally's 1 in a million chance, a dealer isn't going to offer you £7k for it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
I appreciate what you're saying, and i've already said once or twice that it is a difficult thing to market given its mileage and condition.

That said, it'll be a gallon of petrol and a packet of swan vestas into the c**t before it'll be sold at 5k.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate what you're saying, and i've already said once or twice that it is a difficult thing to market given its mileage and condition.

That said, it'll be a gallon of petrol and a packet of swan vestas into the c**t before it'll be sold at 5k.
Lol I know. I'm just saying that a dealer isn't going to offer you decent money for it.
I think where you've priced it now is spot on...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Of course the dealer thing is a massive long shot.

You're in a s**t position mate because you're car looks like it's done 30k but people know it's done over 100k and as Hans said.... Thats a death knell.

Me? I'd buy your car over some shitty 75k model all day long but the buying public are retards. An enthusiast who knows his stuff should be looking at it if in the market for an ED30.

Is it for sale on the Golf/Ed30 forums etc?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Danny_172 Dont take it personally its not selling.

Its a VW thing, mate had the same problem, took him 6 months to shift his R32 last year and it was 120K. His wasnt as nice looking as yours but the mileage put people off.

Sad to see but soon as cars get to 75K, people panic.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate the time of year and what not, but what has to be appreciated is its likely to be one of very very few thats been properly sorted with regards to rust/paint bubbling - every single one i've seen for sale has paint issues.

But i probably agree, with the mileage and the fact its in mint condition, it is a difficult thing to market 😧

You're right about paint, but for many people they won't even get that far down the advert, they see the mileage and scroll on past sadly.