ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is Windows 8 utter crap?

My granddad has just bought a new Dell Inspiron laptop which has windows 8, as far as I can tell he's got absolutely no chance of being able to use it.

All the really does is use the Internet, emails and play solitaire. Is there a way to revert it to a standard desktop layout to make I as easy to use as possible?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I installed it on 2 of my housemates computers, they aren't very computer literate and they love it, they keep telling me how its so fast and its like having a brand new PC!

Fiesta ST
My granddad has just bought a new Dell Inspiron laptop which has windows 8, as far as I can tell he's got absolutely no chance of being able to use it.

All the really does is use the Internet, emails and play solitaire. Is there a way to revert it to a standard desktop layout to make I as easy to use as possible?

Just put the three applications he uses on the start menu, then all he has to do is click the big icon he wants to use. Really is not difficult to use.

Yaris Hybrid

As I said earlier in the thread....

http://www.classicshell.net/

Just put the three applications he uses on the start menu, then all he has to do is click the big icon he wants to use. Really is not difficult to use.

Done this earlier and am currently trying to show him what's what, so far so good :)

Cheers all.