ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've been offered a new 200 Cup 'Deal' - Opinions?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Morning,

Been looking into the possibility of a 200 Cup. After being on the phone yesterday with my local dealer, I've had a call back today with what he called a 'deal'.

The car:

Brand new 200 Cup in Racing Blue.
Speedlines.
GT Spoiler.

I don't know too much else about it at present, other than I can't have Recaro's due to the lack of availability.

Anyway, the price. I've been offered it on Renault's 4 year PCP deal (4 year warranty, 4 years servicing etc).

£232.00 pcm with a Deposit of £2000 (which I will have quite easily when I sell my current car - with money to spare).

Opinions? It's only an idea at present, I'm not dead set on getting a new 200 - just weighing up my options.

Cheers!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No Recaros would be a deal-breaker for me... but that's a cheap enough way into a 200.

My monthly is a fair chunk less than that, but then I had a larger deposit.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
No Recaros would be a deal-breaker for me... but that's a cheap enough way into a 200.

My monthly is a fair chunk less than that, but then I had a larger deposit.

That's the thing that's bugging me.

One half of me is thinking thinking along the line I'll be able to pick up a set second hand after more and more get broken.

The other half is thinking it's a lot less to worry about in terms of bolster wear etc. What are they like in terms of comfort mate? It will be my only car (as I'm pretty sure yours is too).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The Recaros? They're comfier than the standard seats for me, as I'm only 5' 7" and built like someone's leg.

I did a fifteen hour drive back from LM this year in one sitting and got out feeling perfect.

I felt the standard seats didn't support you enough when I test drove them. Plus, they look cack. :eek:

LOL fair enough. I just feel it would be wise to wait and see how the new car turns out. Could always then buy a nearly new 200, and at least you wouldn't lose 800 billion dollars in depreciation by the time you get it home :eek:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not thought of getting a 1 year old model, with decent spec, still has 2 or 3 years warranty.

Suzuki Jimny
Ask about the possibility of them getting another car ordered to the garage with recaros and swap them around like they did for me :)

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Late 200 > 200 EDC.

You've also got to remember, not only is it a change from the 200 to 200 EDC, it's also the first step from Clio 3 to Clio 4.

The first Clio 3 (early 197s) had the issues with the ratio's in the gearboxs etc. That may mean some early issues of Clio 4 may have a few 'issues', where are the 200 is the last honed model of Clio 3. On the other hand it may not!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It does, I agree. My issue is funding. I'll have a max of £2500 from my current car, and the rest will have to rely on monthly payments. I don't see the extra £8,500 - £9,000 needed to purchase the car being available to me anywhere near the £232 pcm quoted from Renault on the new one!

With four years of warranty, and roadside assistance... and free servicing.

Not bad really.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
With four years of warranty, and roadside assistance... and free servicing.

Not bad really.

You get 3 years warranty anyway, and he might have to pay for 2 services? I'd rather pay for servicing and not go to Renault.

Clio V6
So you'll be paying £2k up front then £232 a month for 4 years? To put that in context that's over £13k and then you have to pay a lump sum to own it at the end (if you want).

I don't know you but it strikes me as money better used elsewhere (house deposit, a chunk off the mortgage etc.)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
whats the millage limit on it and what do you plan on doing with it at the end, if you can stay under the millage and are willing to pay £3200 a year for the benefit of a new car to just hand it back at the end then its not a bad option however imo that deal is massively over priced i paid a couple of grand less than that for a non cup with cup pack and recaros however a pre reg, but i didnt have the threat of the clio 4 RS round the corner.

imo if your going down that route you need to see yourself with that car in 4yrs time, as a PCP deal due to the smaller monthly payments and your small deposit the car will depreciate quicker than your paying it off, the clio 4 RS will slash the price of your car further and you will end up in negative equity.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I wouldnt waste your time buy used-

11.5k budget- 2.5k equity- = 9k to find-

9k over 4 years on a modest 7% APR Fixed is £223 PCM-
Personally I would go 3 years - £286 PCM 1.3k Interest.

S

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ring him and say no recaros, no deal.

hopefully they'll knock money off which you can use to retro fit them.

my car is my daily and the recaros are amazing. Quite comfy for cruising on the motorway too

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hmmm... the deal's great but no Recaros would put me off. I don't like the standard seats at all.

Lack of availability means it's the end of the run and the only ones left haven't sold due to poor spec.

I'd keep in mind that depreciation is going to be higher than usual due to the new RS launch, you could end up losing a fair bit.

I wouldn't be so put off, but the Recaros seem to never come up for sale.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hmmm... the deal's great but no Recaros would put me off. I don't like the standard seats at all.

Lack of availability means it's the end of the run and the only ones left haven't sold due to poor spec.

I'd keep in mind that depreciation is going to be higher than usual due to the new RS launch, you could end up losing a fair bit.

Its a PCP, the depreciation means nothing. It could be worth 10p at the end of the deal so you just hand it back.

That's the beauty of a PCP.

Back OT though, I think that's too much money.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

There is a set for sale at the moment, I linked it 3 posts up. I agree with you though, they are rare and because of that always command a premium.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its a PCP, the depreciation means nothing. It could be worth 10p at the end of the deal so you just hand it back.

Bingo. I hope there are decent deals going on with the new 4RS!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm hoping so, I can't put up with driving a crappy family SUV for much longer.

A 5 door RS is just what the Doctor ordered! :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

this is why i mentioned above if you are going PCP you must be able to see yourself in it for the full term and be able to keep to the millage