ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ive killed my clio cup :-(

2002 clio cup172
hey guys, im new to this site and im in need of some advice. ive recently crashed my ph2 clio cup, due to not being fully comp i cannot claim :'( so i was just wondering if my engine will fit strate into a clio williams or a ph1 172 without changing much? thanks Paul

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
172 Ph1 is pretty much same engine (apart from being throttle cable where as Cup is Fly By Wire).

There is a Mk1 16v with a 172 Engine on here, but it would again need to be converted to run on cable as the older cars didn't have FBW on them.

Have a look around and do a seach, should be able to find it on here.

PS. Welcome to CS! :)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Your engine will fit nicely in a Ph1. If the Ph1 retains the throttle body cable assembly then that'll go straight on.

PH1 Track Car
just break it for parts and sell them here on the forum, always people wanting clio parts huge market for it
depending on which parts are damaged you could easily get a few thousand back
if you need a bit of advice then PM me as i was in a similar situation about a year back...

2002 clio cup172
thanks for the advice guys much appreciated. im makin a track car so i will more than likely put engine into a mk1 and strip the cup. i will advertise all parts on here. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You cant sell anything on here until you've paid the £12 membership...but will be worth it if you are thinking of selling parts and gathering information from people who have done it...or traders you may need. :)