ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jamie’s Clio in Revs Screen Pod

Just seen the clio in Revs owned by Jamie with the cliosport stickers in the back! Looks wicked,

Questions i where can I get a pod for the screen to go by the display in the middle of the car made, and how mcuh would it cost, looks neat and is possibly a good way of getting a good looking setup without spending £700 on a Kenwood slide out screen!!

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

you might as well leave the tv on with "nick me please" though!!

the dash on your mkIII is fairly different from my mark two (same as Jamies) cos my sis has got same model as yours (obviously the girly one!) so could more difficult building a pod.

i would imagine hes just used some mdf or vac formed a plastic moulding then covered it in material. i suppose you could always leave a flap of material to cover the screen when you park up.

good luck

What you think the mk3 looks more girly than the mk2?!!! hehehehe hohohoho hahahahah LMAO :D

I like both clios BUT I cannot see how you can say the mk3 is more girly, from the front which is the major difference in my mind its far more aggressive,

No disrespect intended to any persons alive or dead, I merely wish to express my own views and opinions, these are not the views of cliosport or anyone else!!!!

Appreciate the reply tho! I know someone has done it for a 206 and it was made for them, quite cheaply but I dont have contact with him anymore, I know what you mean about the security issue, Just thought it might have been a cheap way to go!! Anyone want to give me a Kenwood M700?

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

yer to be fair i think mark III looks better, i got mine before that one came out. mine looks like its had something shoved up its arse and is in shock from the front!

I havent seen this pod.... But is this where the Screen is in front of the gear stick? this is where I want mine! how hard is it to build a pod urself ? like doing a mdf template then using fibreglass, filler n that to make the shape? then vinyl it?? anyone done it?!

no the screen is in a pod over and in place of where the dash board display is, kinda like a little dome on the dash above the airvents, obviously renders the dash display useless!

unless you make the new screen able to be the new display :D which would be very cool.....!!!!

I would like to do somet like that but I can only see in front of the gear stick being the easiest & most practical place!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there isnt a mrk 3 clio there is a mrk 2 phase 1 and a phase 2!

and tbh i prefer the mrk 2 phase 1

Fair enough, its personal taste at the end of the day.

Connor: I am not sure if that is possible but if you find a way then let me know!! I imagine a knowledge of soldering and electronics would help as you would have to look at the inuts to the original display and convert it to display on a larger screen!!

Personally I would love one of the slide out monitors, nice whirring as it comes out of the dash!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I had the choice of the mk2 ph1 or mk2 ph2..

The mk2 ph2 wins every time for me.. as said above the mk2 ph2 is so much more aggresive.

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 02 September 2003

no the screen is in a pod over and in place of where the dash board display is, kinda like a little dome on the dash above the airvents, obviously renders the dash display useless!
Hang on, thats not got some buttons or controls just infront of it on a flat panel? if so thats the navigation pod

Or if not then just ignore my jibberings