ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
How did you find the ASTs on the ring Joe? Have you still got the Whiteline rear ARB fitted? I'm tempted to sell mine when I get the ASTs but I suppose it retains some adjustment when extra rear roll stiffness is required.
I didn't really push hard enough to be honest with you. Oulton Park on the 27th May will be the test :)

I've kept the ARB, but it's just left on the softer of the two settings.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I've spent quite a bit of time cleaning the car over the bank holiday. The finish is Prima Amigo, 2 layers of Zymol Glasur ready for FCS.

14114752564_b4785811db_z.jpg

IMG_7217-2 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Last week I booked onto the RenaultSport track day at Oulton, as well as the 27th May as mentioned earlier on. I may raise the car up next weekend, and get the tracking aligned again.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Last weekend I decided to fit the new wheels onto the car, and go for a little drive to scrub the tyres in ready for Oulton. After a 30minute drive it started to rain pretty heavy, naturally.

14150370462_52d83df263_z.jpg

IMG_7230 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

After a long day at work, and with the weather being great. Me and Rob decided to go for a blast through Wales and head over to the Evo Triangle, and had a brilliant drive. Really impressed with the RSR's, the sheer amount of grip was fantastic. I've had the GoPro on so will probably post a video or two up at a later date.

14212350812_8966ca3bb8_z.jpg
IMG_7241 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14028156457_43f98dc46d_z.jpg

IMG_7243 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14214701305_1178c5bd1a_z.jpg

IMG_7248 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14212268492_cc4cc0a7fe_z.jpg

IMG_7250 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14212247882_57f8754296_z.jpg

IMG_7251 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

The grey wheels are now back on, and I spent a bit of time cleaning up the coilovers and a few other bits ready for FCS. Interior was cleaned throughout, I've said it before but the smell of the Recaro's after cleaning them with Zaino Z9 is fantastic!

udyjuqam.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I still can't believe how quiet it was. The only negative was the amount of flies lol! I've still got some stuck to the GoPro case.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
As a few of you know, I did a trackday at Oulton on Tuesday. Weather was great for it, but I had a problem with brakes late in the morning. Today I decided to remove the callipers, and give the pads a little clean up and have a look over everything. Turns out my O/S Front piston has seized :(

From a quick search on here it seems as though the Bigg Red caliper rebuild kit seems to be popular. So I'll get a pair of those ordered up.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Aye. I was tempted to go for a pair of Wilwoods, but at the power I'm running at the moment there isn't much point imo.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I know, it knocked my confidence quite a bit. They've always been fine up to now.

i just need to know the bleed screw dimensions and then I can order all the gear up to rebuild them. Will be buying new discs and pads also.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Did it start pulling towards the way of the seized calliper?

It's a good thing to have a spare set of callipers to fully refurb as new, I got a spare set dirt cheap.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Very slightly, but I out that down to the camber on the track at the time. Pads are glazed though.

I'll just refurb these ones Dan. My car very rarely moves during the week anyway to be honest.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Headed down to Castle Combe on Friday night for French Car Show which was a good 3 hours each way for me. Had a good laugh and met some new faces which is always nice.

A friend took this in the drive down so I thought I'd post it up.

u4emune2.jpg

The new discs and pads turned up the other day from @G 172 (great service as always). So I'm just waiting for the rest of my bits to arrive from Bigg Red so I can sort the calipers out.

Mk5 Golf Gti
This thread makes me even more excited to pick up my RB on the 20th June! Lovely example Joe from a fellow Joe..

Easily the nicest RB I have ever seen!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
This thread makes me even more excited to pick up my RB on the 20th June! Lovely example Joe from a fellow Joe..

Easily the nicest RB I have ever seen!
Brilliant, I bet you can't wait!

Thanks, very high praise :)
Car looked good yesterday Joe, nice to meet you :)
You too mate, really like your R26.
Fair play joe, RB looks mint!! Love the setup and the thread :) subbed!

No worries Joe, cheers mate. Car is looking tidy as usual

Looking good mate ;)
Thanks guys :)

That drive-by pic is terrible quality! Lol

What colour are you doing the calipers?
I know, it's not the best lol. It was just taken on his iPhone but the low level of light didn't help :)

Not sure yet, either silver or black. Do silver calipers show up brake dust much?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I know, it's not the best lol. It was just taken on his iPhone but the low level of light didn't help :)

Not sure yet, either silver or black. Do silver calipers show up brake dust much?

I get pretty much zero brake dust on mine, however they are new discs and new road pads. I cant remember what pads your running.

Silver really freshens up the brakes but mine have discoloured already. Admittedly i didnt give them many heavy coats but it doesnt matter as some Hi-Spec 4pots are on the cards :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Was nice to meet you at the weekend mate. Car is awesome, reminds me of my old RB :)
You too mate :)
I get pretty much zero brake dust on mine, however they are new discs and new road pads. I cant remember what pads your running.

Silver really freshens up the brakes but mine have discoloured already. Admittedly i didnt give them many heavy coats but it doesnt matter as some Hi-Spec 4pots are on the cards :)
DS2500's with Brembo HC discs. They aren't too bad for brake dust on the road, it's when I do trackdays.

I agree though, after seeing a few pictures on here they look really fresh painted silver. Ahh nice, very good choice :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If you keep on top of them I don't think it'll be too bad tbh mate. Silver will look nice behind the f1's against the blue too.

My DS2500 used to be quite bad for brake dust on my old BG.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get my brakes all sorted yesterday. Last weekend I removed the calipers and took them round to Rob's to blow the pistons out.

14481010815_3a24ba361d_z.jpg

Untitled by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

14479773052_6f369caf57_z.jpg

14479832034_ed57ea9ecf_z.jpg

Over the week I gave them both a thorough clean and painted them up. I thought I still had some left over silver VHT paint from my inlets, but couldn't find it anyway. So decided to still with black paint which I already had.

Completely forgot to take photo's yesterday when I was building them back up again, but I'll take a few in the week when I refit my PMS studs (yet again..) Bedded the pads in last night, and it feels good to have them up to scratch again :)

14477656081_2b11aa921a_z.jpg