ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Josh Cook - Clio Cup 2013

Mental 172 Cup
Quite alot of you on the forum now know Josh Cook who is the Owner/Founder of Cooksport and Cooksport sell the Legedary Cooksport springs..

Basically just a heads up, Josh is competing this weekend in round one of the 2013 UK Clio Cup Championship, as all of you may know the Clios run alongside the BTCC Championship, visiting various different Circuits around the UK..

Josh is running with JHR for the 2013 season.

I myself wish Josh the best of luck for the up and coming season and hope many of you will follow his progress throughout..

You can get any race results etc on TSL Timing on every race weekend..

Also you can follow him on Twitter @cooksport and you can also follow Cooksport on facebook for more updates etc..

C45A8788-98B8-4AB6-95BC-468165CD991B-10264-0000012614D27E2A.jpg

Good Luck mate..

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
All the best mate, will be watching whenever poss and hopefully attending a few venues

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fingers crossed he has everything sorted as I know he had a throttle body issue, although it might have been a customer car, cause he was asking for a spare one near brands the other day.

Good luck Josh :)

Mental 172 Cup
That was his car that was going into limp mode..

He finished P5 in testing earlier but suffered a VVT problem..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fingers crossed it behaves for him on the day, would have thought he was a pretty good bet for the championship if the car stays working, what with that huge excess of driving talent he seems to have?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I was a bit thrown today when the program kicked off, I was looking for a black car! Nobody said he'd changed colour!

Shame about the ''accident'' but s**t happens. Learn from it and move on!

Clio cup is still the best action in a race series!! Very good to watch.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I was a bit thrown today when the program kicked off, I was looking for a black car! Nobody said he'd changed colour!

Shame about the ''accident'' but s**t happens. Learn from it and move on!

Clio cup is still the best action in a race series!! Very good to watch.

Lol i was expecting a black car also he drove great in race 1 and was so unlucky not to win, i never see what happened on the warm up lap when he had a moment, but the Clio Cups are fantastic. Ive seen them a few times and they never fail to disappoint

LY R26
First race was awesome, bad luck on the second but plenty more points to be had. Thanks for the hospitality yest Josh

Cooksport Fleet
Thanks for all the support guys!

Now for my excuse for crashing before I even got to the grid, straight out the racing drivers handbook;

Basically we are running a ridiculously lively setup, which no one else is running ;)

Its very fast, but a handful to say the least.

Track temperature was about 2deg, these slicks are like driving on ice when cold (no exaggeration)..let alone with this setup.

I was accelerating through the box (just touched 3rd), moved right then left (not weaving) and the back came round. I hit the lock stop straight away and sadly ran out of road.

Highly highly embarrassing, but I am not the first and wont be the last. Car needs a re shell for the next round at Donington. And I have refused to change the setup, just have to concentrate a little more next time!

S2H

RS Clio 200
Unlucky mate, surprised more didn't go off with the cold temps!

Josh do you know Sean Cassidy (Jade Developments) in Barwell?

Oil Burner
Good to meet you on Saturday Josh (i was the random photographer that came and took your portrait and said hi)

Great result in race 1!