ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

July Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Junes winning picture by Dan Freeman:

DSC0244.jpg

For this month Dan picked the following theme:

minimalism/minimalist

Entries close last day of July.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will choose the next subject for August and win a ClioSport Goody Bag!

Good luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great theme choice Dan. I'm in (if I remember :eek:).

2.2 bar shed.
Ooh, great theme choice. If someone says they cant think of something then they have gone utterly full r****d.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not sure on an entry yet as I've still got a few ideas floating around but here's a few that (I think) fit the theme.

5923437684_f6eab5781e_z.jpg

5923431406_0fa4da458b_z.jpg

Dan - You just keep pulling these shots out the bag, awsome.

EDIT: Nice shots Wick, where were they taken?

Not too sure it's quite minimalistic enough, I have a plan to visit a place in South Wales, but I don't have a car at the moment, so not sure about that :(

If you zoomed in on those rock formations, you could get an awesome minimalistic shot, with the clear sky and water.

Indeed, unfortunately I only have a screw in 77mm B&W 10 stop filter which only fits my 10-20mm / 17-55mm / 400mm and not my 70-200mm which would have been best for the close up (not that I'd thought of that pic ;) )

Also, the 'rock formations' are unfortunately a load of concrete and steel (remains of the Atlantic Wall) ;) built by the Germans during the second world war - an interesting if somewhat emotional sight. Many of the beaches on the West Coast of Denmark are lined with bunkers, which today are used by some as sun shades..... Not for me!

Maybe if you lowered the horizon line so the bunkers were made more minimal by the large expanse of sky?

Some superb pics in here but none yet meet the minimal criteria imo. It's a tough challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.