ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

July Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'll use the following as my entry.

ENTRY
5942972499_cf506f984f_b.jpg

Carnation in water by SharkyUK, on Flickr

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm not sure many of the photos are actually following the theme, but maybe it's the way I'm interpreting the theme?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure many of the photos are actually following the theme, but maybe it's the way I'm interpreting the theme?

Which is why everyone should take into account the theme when voting, before even considering the quality of the photo.

I really like that evil giraffe, if it wasnt for the blown highlights in the bokeh that would be my fave thus far

I agree and if you Google minimalist art/photography you will see that your own pic isn't minimal either.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I agree and if you Google minimalist art/photography you will see that your own pic isn't minimal either.
doesn't get much more minimal that a barron white disc on a black background though, compared to some of the other stuff in here!

doesn't get much more minimal that a barron white disc on a black background though, compared to some of the other stuff in here!

Firstly apologies my initial reply was tapped out in a hurry on a phone and reads far more harsh than I wanted it too!

Secondly heres a nice example of what I was trying to convey, nicked from google, image by Laura Ruth

bird.jpg

RIP Dan
What about if everyone puts their thinking behind the shots they have posted too?

I know we are all supposed to "get" the shots but judging by David and Brazos posts everyone doesn't. I don't either in fairness and it would be nice to have the reasons, we are all different.

Thinking behind mine is that Art Deco type architecture is considered minimalist. There are quite a few stunning buildings here which would be perfect but a bit obvious. Ze German tower I posted is Art deco esque in my opinion of course. No way will I win as there are some fan fcuking tastic shots in here but I wanted to be different.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Very, very strange!

ok not working for some reason, google 'Minimal Moon Photography' and its the pastel blue shot with a tiny moon and a bird

Very strange indeed, I searched for it, found it, and thenCaene back in here and now it appears lol.

I see what you are saying, that's bird minimalist, but a lot of similar pics to mine also appear on the google search, personally, I think the moon is minimalist in it's very nature, and on a black background, no stars either etc. I don't know, we should make sure he doesn't win again this time so we can get an easier to judge subject matter ;)

RS Megane DCi 175
Not entered one of these for a while

ENTRY:
5976052920_cc6f9a55cd_z.jpg

Gliding - Southport Airshow 2011 by d35ign, on Flickr
Why do I think it's minimal? Depends really - there's the obvious reason that there's not a whole lot going on in the photo (debatable I know!) but I think it works too as both the glider and the bird are using minimal effort to stay in the air i.e. no engines or flapping. Bit of a reach? haha.

My Bad! Didn't think this theme would be that hard. I agree with defining a minimalist shot is tricky, but it's more about being creative/imaginative with minimal content/subject in the frame.

There are a few in here that are blatantly NOT minimalist at all, but I agree it does come down to personal interpretation somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.