ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just started looking into detailing...

e832d26e22cc8aec504d7c8d46611d4c.png

That's alot of money...

Do you guys really spend this much money on detailing your car?!

I've probably missed things out also.

IDK how much postage is from CYC.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
And about £100 is investment, in that the DA and the foam lance don't "run out" so to speak, most wouldn't consider them a detailing cost as they'll already have them - it just hurts your wallet in this scenario because you're buying everything at once.

172 cup
If you buy it all from polished bliss you get 10% off that I know it's not much but every little helps an it free P&P

And about £100 is investment, in that the DA and the foam lance don't "run out" so to speak, most wouldn't consider them a detailing cost as they'll already have them - it just hurts your wallet in this scenario because you're buying everything at once.

Yeah, I'm thinking about buying just the DA and foam lance ATM, as when I move to New Zealand in a couple months, I'm not allowed to take any liquids or literally anything!

But I want to get my car looking immaculate for some car shows that are coming up in April!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you've never done it before then I suggest you get yourself the snow foam lance and leave out the DA stuff for a while.

Get used to using different products and get comfortable with hand applying stuff. You'll find a massive improvement in the paint from giving it a really good de-contamination followed by something simple like Werkstat Acrylic Prime, a layer or two of Prima Amigo and then your favourite LSP.

Leave correction till the summer months, really you just want some nice protection on there for now. Plus it gives you time to find out if you can actually be arsed with it all before making a massive investment. It also gives you time to save up again so you can buy stuff gradually.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Can't you borrow a DA and foam lance and then buy them for yourself when you move to NZ? Personally would try and limit the amount I need to take with me to another country.

Do you really need a DA and relevant polishes? You can still get some cracking results with just some normal polishes and good sealant/wax.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I barely use my DA, only still have it as I keep buying polishes and trying it on a single panel.

thinking about it I should probably get ut up for sale, then again some polishes I want to try may come out soon!

I bought my g220 when I was feeling a bit flush ;) I don't regret it as it made a massive difference to my old Clio, Exige and now the Meg. But I certainly don't use it often at all.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you're going abroad, spending £250+ to not be able to take most of it with you is daft.

Go see Steph and give her £50 to help you/let her use her DA and stuff...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not about using it often tbf, as you know you can't correct your car 3 and 4 times a year. Ideal for glazing in between correction etc.

Great little tool to have. It is an outlay though. If you have some time on your hands you can make it pay for itself.

ITB BG 182
Also your calculations are screwed up. You have 2 buckets at £19.99 and sum total with postage at £24.98 yet you have 2 hex logic pads at £8.95 with a sum total of £17.90 ie youve not doubled up and then you have doubled up.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300457&page=14

Theres a big sale on stuff on there.

You can get banana gloss to replace the BTBM and also buy their lance with their Snowfoam and save yourself £7 including delivery and get 5ltrs of snowfoam.

Drying towel - get this http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/in...new-deluxe-fluffy-drying-towel-3ft-x-2ft.html its bloody good and at a fiver, even better! Saves £11.50

Buckets with grit guards - £30 from the links above, saves £10

Get autobrite purple rain - i find it better than iron x and its £5 for the same size tub.

Save £35 and still paid for postage.

But like people have said, leave the DA out till your into detailing, you'll save £100 there alone. Also listen to the likes of Gally and JD, I had the carpro CQuartz treatment on the motor and its no hassle no need to wax or polish for atleast 12+ months, sake of £35 was the best buy!

mx5
Ive been using megs stuff by hand and used claybars, cleaners, polishers and waxes but have just bought this lot yesterday.

Also if anyone wants a decent cheap Pressure washer, look here, £29.99 for a 110bar 440L/h washer from Nilflisk, they get a lot of good reviews.

Bought all the stuff from either ebay (mainly the poorboys stuff) and http://www.perfectlycleaned.co.uk/

Kesteral DAS-6 Machine + 2 Meguiars Pads£89.98
Auto Finesse Avalanche Snow Foam 5 litre Pro Range£29.95
Poorboys Waffle Weave Drying Towel£10.38
Auto Finesse Metal Fallout Remover 500ml Iron£11.95
CarPro Twin Clay Detailing Pack 200g£9.96
Auto Finesse Oblitarate Tar Remover 500ml£8.95
Poorboys Ultra Mega Towel - single£4.12
Poorboys Spray & Rinse 32oz/946ml£14.98
Poorboys Super Swirl Remover SSR1£10.99
Poorboys Super Swirl Remover SSR2£10.99
Poorboys Professional Polish£12.49
Poorboys Bold and Bright Gel£9.95