ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

led bulbs

Clio 1.2, New Note
I'v seen some led bulbs being used on here and just wanted to know where you get them from?
I'v tryed ebay but come up with loads all different so unsure which ones to use.
I'm only looking for interior bulbs for the interior/map light and the rear plate bulb.
Plus are they illegal to use on the rear plate?

Thanks

Liquid Yellow R27
What type are you looking for? For the numerplate, interior lights, side lights, glove box light, boot light? Let me know and I will link you up to the right ones on eBay :)

Clio 1.2, New Note
i'v oreded them, they should make the interior more brighter to see when i unlock the car at nite so i can see where and what i'm doing when getting in.
just a thought is it possable to add another boot light by just wiring up to the exsiting light?

Thanks

Liquid Yellow R27
i'v oreded them, they should make the interior more brighter to see when i unlock the car at nite so i can see where and what i'm doing when getting in.
just a thought is it possable to add another boot light by just wiring up to the exsiting light?

Thanks

Yeah they make it much brighter mate. I'm not sure, I thought that myself the other day about getting another boot light. What you could do is go to poundland and get two LED lights (the push down ones) that take batteries and stick them in your boot somewhere? They wouldn't come on automatically though. Interesting though.. I wonder if anyone has wired in another light the other side..

Clio 1.2, New Note
tryed the push down ones not as bright as the exsiting one, i don't think it be that hard just need a boot light case, cut a hole clip it in and wire it up i'll ask my mate whos GMC astro which is lite up like a christmas tree inside and out.
if it goes well i'll let you know and maybe post up how to do it.

Clio 1.2, New Note
i don't think so i'v looked but thats maybe cos i'm new to here and not looked every where, if there is one it be a great help

Liquid Yellow R27
tryed the push down ones not as bright as the exsiting one, i don't think it be that hard just need a boot light case, cut a hole clip it in and wire it up i'll ask my mate whos GMC astro which is lite up like a christmas tree inside and out.
if it goes well i'll let you know and maybe post up how to do it.

Nice one mate, let me know if you do though. I think it would be fine to be wired of the other light though as I've got under door LED strips on my 182 and they're both wired from the interior light.

Clio 1.2, New Note
should work then as long as the light is low level led so don't draw much power from the other one i'v just been told.
right back onto ebay to look for boot light cases.

Clio 1.2, New Note
i was looking into led light for the numberplate but didn't want to run the resk of pod pulling me with to bright light on the back so i'm just goner clean up the old light cover if not get a nice new one

Clio, Rover 25
I have LED side lights and numb plate LED's on my car and the womans clio, Popo have never mentioned anything. Side lights i know wont pass mot, dont know about numb plate bulbs but sure 2 seconds and they are changed over

2014 Clio 200t edc
It's finding one that isn't £1m to buy!! Thought I'd found one the other day on the bay but it was wrong.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The numberplate light won't be a problem, but sidelights afaik are legal as long as they're white, >50% of the bulb is functioning, the colour is correct and it does not flicker.

Clio 1.2, New Note
i'm not goner bother now with the rear number light as i'v just cleaned up the cover with t-cut and added aluminum tape to the inside of the cover to make more light go up rather than down and light up the ground

2014 Clio 200t edc
Not for the sidelights, you need 501w bulbs. The glass or plastic wedge bulbs. They look like number plate bulbs?

Arctic Blue FF 182
should work then as long as the light is low level led so don't draw much power from the other one i'v just been told.
right back onto ebay to look for boot light cases.

Wired up an extra boot light in mine a while ago. Easy to do, just bought exactly the same as the original boot light and cut a whole mirroring the light on the other side. Hide the wires, bish bash bosh! Done!haha

PB Clio 172
my LED sidelights passed the MOT and they arnt too bothered about the number plate light longs its not bright blue will be fine !

Clio 1.2, New Note
Wired up an extra boot light in mine a while ago. Easy to do, just bought exactly the same as the original boot light and cut a whole mirroring the light on the other side. Hide the wires, bish bash bosh! Done!haha
mine has 3 wires i take it one goes to the boot lock to turn the light off. so did you wirer up all 3 or just the +- to the bulb?

Clio 1.2, New Note
my LED sidelights passed the MOT and they arnt too bothered about the number plate light longs its not bright blue will be fine !
i asked my gargage the other month about the led sidelights and number plate they said its a grey area as some new cars have led plate/ side lights but to play it safe and use the normal bulbs and just replace them when they look tired they only cost pennies

Arctic Blue FF 182
mine has 3 wires i take it one goes to the boot lock to turn the light off. so did you wirer up all 3 or just the +- to the bulb?

What mark/model you got?
Was a while ago I did it, but when I had a multimeter on the wires, I think it was just a + and 2 earths. So I tapped into an earth and a positive and ran two wires. Will check tomorrow if you like?

Clio 1.2, New Note
What mark/model you got?
Was a while ago I did it, but when I had a multimeter on the wires, I think it was just a + and 2 earths. So I tapped into an earth and a positive and ran two wires. Will check tomorrow if you like?
i'v got a non sport
thats what i thought, if you could that would be nice thanks