ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow worth extra £???

clio 200
I'm looking to buy a 182. There is a LY near me but it's looking about £500 more than any other colour. I will be keeping the car for about 3 years and my questions are is it worth the extra cash and will it hold the premium when I sell it. Thanks

clio 182
how much more do you like LY?
for me personally i wouldnt want to drive round in a yellow clio..but i love the colour and love to see them when they are about.
i would be looking at condition of the car rather than go for an exact colour.

What an odd queston (the first part anyway). Only you are going to know if you think the extra is worth it.

I'd go and take a look. Photo's rarely do LY justice. I'm not a fan of yellow cars in general but LY is pretty smart. Personally I'd pay slightly over the odds for it.

If your contemplating spending the extra my input would be I'd rather have a trophy over an LY. Not that I don't love the colour, but for the money... The trophy is a more sorted car.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
robs right about sorting touch ups, but photos on the net dont do LY justice, its a bloody stunning colour!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome colour for a girl.

Glittery yellow is a bit bent for a fella, IMO. Especially on a hatchback. I couldn't live with it, and I'm 14% queer, according to a free iPhone application.

LY 182
£500 extra over the other colours seems like a good deal. Pretty sure I paid more of a premium on mine in truth.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
LY is not a colour that looks good on a Clio it is rare but not worth anything extra IMO :S

500 Twinair
The LY should be more of a premium over normal 182's it was a £1200 option. Plus see LY in flesh, you will def buy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
look at LY in the sunlight and no other will match it. As said it as a £1200 option which I paid and still think its worth it. it's only worth the extra in the eyes of the buyer. IMO nothing gives a clio such a presence.

as for this its a girls colour, grow some. don't like it don't buy it but don't mock those that do. go buy one in baby blue!

182 Cup
I wouldn't have any problem paying more for a car if it was rare (which LY is) and I liked it. It'd still have to be in good condition though - don't overlook that due to the paint.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Buying a Clio in any shade and worrying about what its worth in 3 years is madness.

Buy it > enjoy it > get rid of it.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I bought a LY R27 F1 and ive never regretted it. The car was on the infield parking area at RWS today and had alot of people take pics and comment on how lovely it looked. I find when you buy these cars your not buying because of what other people think you buy em cos they put a smile on your chevy chase. And they are rare i only saw 2 LY R27 at RWS and one was mine.

Mini Cooper S sport
^^ LY is definitely an ASW colour, but it's lovely!

I bought a LY R27 F1 and ive never regretted it. The car was on the infield parking area at RWS today and had alot of people take pics and comment on how lovely it looked. I find when you buy these cars your not buying because of what other people think you buy em cos they put a smile on your chevy chase. And they are rare i only saw 2 LY R27 at RWS and one was mine.

LY R27. The second-best-looking Renaultsport Clio after the Mk 2 V6. End of.

They're stunning, still.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
WSR was my proving ground for this, LY didn't look special at all there but that alien green 200 did :)

And also them primer grey (lunar grey) V6s look crap doesn't matter how rare they are just dont look good IMO

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Its a colour which makes the car stand out for what it is. One of those when you wake up, you look out your window just to have a look ha ha. would i buy one...no! but yes i do like them!

I love mine, the attention it gets is unreal, considering it is a Clio!

Got quite a few people coming up and talking to me as I was parking mine at RWS yesterday.

I bought mine purely cos I think the colour is amazing, even when it's dirty it still looks the muts.

You need your head read if you pay more than a couple of hundred over and above the going rate for a comparable age/condition/mileage 182 in another colour.

The premium people seem to put on top when listing on PH or here for it seems to be the same £1200 it was on the option list as new. Mental.